You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Items :: This Mirror Problem Was Breaking Me

Real Ghost Stories

This Mirror Problem Was Breaking Me

 

One Friday night in 2004, a very strange thing happened with a mirror that was overtop of my dresser. I was in my bedroom folding laundry, and kept hearing what sounded like frying bacon. I went all over the house looking for what could be making that sound. It was loudest in the bedroom. I checked all the plug outlets to make sure everything was ok with that... I checked above head light fixtures...nothing.

I had shut everything down for the night around 11 pm and headed for bed. Sometime in the night, I woke up and had a most awful headache. I knew I wasn't dreaming. The pain in my head was too horrible and made me nauseous. After taking medication I laid back down and that's when I heard it again. Frying bacon. I laid there listening a few minutes and finally turned on the lamp. I gazed around the room and everything looked normal. Then my eyes caught sight of a glare on my mirror. My mirror was literally cracking. That's what the sound was. It started on the bottom left hand side and I watched as it slowly cracked going diagonally to the other side. I backed away from it for fear it would shatter. Maybe it could have been explained away to reasons due to science, but I wasn't aware of any reason for it to just start cracking.

A few days later I had my Dad replace the glass. A rather expensive replacement I might add. I never heard the sound again, until January 2006.

I had remarried by then and my husband woke me up one night and said, "Listen!" I heard it right away and knew just what it was. I said, "It's the mirror!" My husband's reply was (not knowing about the previous incident), "What? Why would you say that?"

He reached and turned on the lamp. Sure enough, it was cracking the same as before and in the same direction. Another expensive replacement the next day. He was shocked at the fact I knew what it was right away and even more shocked when I told him the previous story. I had not told him anything that went on in the house. I didn't want him to be scared off.

In the years since then, so far, no more mirror cracking... My wallet can breath a little easier.

Other hauntings by KimmieWebb

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, KimmieWebb, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-02-07)
[at] BloodEman,When an author publishes an experience, it is usually to grab some insight from other point of views. Not to have rude pointless comments posted.

[at] kimmieWebb, I will as say the sound probably would of had me freaked out to. Thank you for posting your story and being kind enough to take in suggestions. 😁
moon-gang (1 stories) (9 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-02-07)
BloodEman is there a need to call the author dumb? How immature and unnecessary, grow up.

This comment from BloodEman is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

Griff84 (5 stories) (289 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-03-20)
Hi KimmieWebb, is the mirror frame twisted or warped at all? If it is, even the tiniest amount, it could be putting pressure on a certain part of the mirror, which after a time, cracks.

Perhaps its a long shot, but just an idea.

Thanks for sharing 😊
KimmieWebb (8 stories) (32 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-03-18)
I appreciate that suggestion. I hope that is the case. Never thought of any of that. 😁
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-03-18)
Kimmie- Just to add to my thought, if one was doing activities inside the dwelling can cause unusual high humilities. Such as cooking, laundry, and/or some types of cleaning. Kind of like cooking up a mess of beans while doing laundry and cleaning house. I have seen this be enough to cause the windows fog up and drip condensation from them. Some types of wood really soak this humidity up. There are many varibles that can be considered.

Anyways, ramble, ramble, ramble 😉
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+1
9 years ago (2015-03-18)
I think Wish-Not might be on to something (although I would not have thought of that either). I totally understand why that sound would creep you out!
KimmieWebb (8 stories) (32 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-03-17)
Wish-Not...I never thought of that. I can tell you that the first incident happened in October It was rather cool out for Florida (I remember us having winter blankets on our beds) The second incident happened in Jan, I can't recall the weather at that time but Its usually mid to upper 30's here in Jan. You could be right. The sound it made though was rather odd and loud. I think the sound creeped me out more than anything.
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
+4
9 years ago (2015-03-17)
Kimmie- Now this one has me wondering of the weather conditions at the time. Really high humidity can cause wood to warp in all different directions. If mirror clips were to tight as the wood distorts, it could cause the repetitive cracking.

Just a thought,...

But creepy though

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: