You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: While I Was About to Go to Sleep

Real Ghost Stories

While I Was About to Go to Sleep

 

At around 2:00 this morning (3/22/07) I turned off my lights and I had laid down to go to sleep. I had one arm above my head on the pillow and the other was down at my side. Both of my palms facing upwards. After about a minute I had started to feel a tickle, almost an itch. I decided I would move my arm that was above my head to go scratch it, but I couldn't lift it. I felt really confused, but I decided I would just use my other hand. I couldn't lift it either. I then started to feel pressure on both my arms. I was scared. My eyes widened and I grew extremely concerned. I couldn't understand what was going on. My arms were starting to hurt from the pressure and I still couldn't move them. I was being pinned down. I was too scared to make a sound (and also considerate of the rest of my family sleeping). I started to feel that tingling feeling all over. I couldn't do anything though.

The strangest thing happened next. My hands started to move on their own. They felt as if they were being pushed open and closed. This all went on for about fifteen minutes. After a while the pressure started to lighten and I was finally able to move my arms. I turned onto my side and felt that maybe now I could get to sleep. I started to feel it again. This time it felt as if someone was laying behind me and wrapped its arms around me. Yet again I couldn't move. I started to feel the tingling again. This went away after two minutes though. That was all. Though, strangely, as I started to type all this my nose started to bleed.

This isn't the first time I've had some sort of encounter while laying in my bed. This next bit would be too short an experience to make a full entry so I'm adding it to this one. I was laying in my bed about a year ago. It also must've been around 2 AM. Suddenly it felt as if someone had jumped on my bed at my feet. That end of my bed dipped and made lots of sound from something landing on it. I went to turn my light on, but nothing was there.

These are my experiences and I am being completely honest. I swear it.

- Bijoux

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

hazzardsyndrome (10 stories) (121 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-24)
it might be an idea to go to a doctors and rule out any nerve damage or some sort of fit or seizure. My sister suffers from fits and her arms and hands do that sometimes, I'm not trying to scare you but it might be an idea to get the all clear before stressing yourself out about ghosts
Take care
ghostlovr (2 stories) (54 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-01)
wow I think this story is really weird.I've heard of other things like it thought. Lots of people get pinned down when there sleeping. Its never happened to me. And I hope it doesn't.well good luck with that bloody nose



~~Amy~~
Soma (3 stories) (21 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-17)
I hate when that happens! I really wish I had a roommate or something. I live in a small room all alone and sometimes I wake up with a panicky feeling, it feels like someone deliberately woke me up. Its such an uncomfortable feeling! And some nights, as soon as I get back to sleep again it happens again. I used to be able to communicate with spirits everyday but because I was losing so much sleep and getting drowsy everyday, I decided to take a hiatus for a few years. Just recently I have gotten into it again. The hiatus slowed things down but things kept happening so I figure I should face up to it.

Is there any way to stop it? Before, after about 5 years around ghosts I got used to it and nothing would faze me but now I guess I have to start all over again!
JackEdwards (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-03)
i think you are being visited by a spirit, try not to struggle when it contacts you, if it hurts you then tell it to go away, if that doesnt work then you will have to get it to go away using jesus as the others said.
rose (9 stories) (92 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-25)
They are just having fun with you. They laugh at your reaction to the situation. Mention God's name and off with them. Read story related for answers, and come to conclusions. Be careful and consult before doing something about it.

P.s.
It is not wise to mention what you are going to do where it happened. Surprise them.
Take care.
Rose
Simon Dean (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-25)
I can't say I've experienced similar paralysis, but have heard something, about the same time (for me 1am in the morning) within 30 seconds of getting into bed.

People try and explain this as sleep paralysis or Hypnagogia, but, if it really really is 30 seconds, a minute after getting into bed while still fully wide awake, then the rational explanations don't fit.

Cya
Simon
some girl... (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-25)
Tell it "In the name of Jesus, leave me alone!"
And it will go away.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-22)
Been there Bijoux, My Story "Sleep Interupted by Spirits" is just one account of the many times this has happened to me. One thing you can try and I won't guarntee that it will work, but sometimes it does, is to burn sage incense in your room and envision the negative energy leaving your room before going to sleep, don't burn it will sleeping or you might burn down the house. ;) I have other possible solutions you could try but give this one a go and see if it helps. Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: