You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Shadows And The Solemn Faced Girl

Real Ghost Stories

Shadows And The Solemn Faced Girl

 

Due to a chimney fire in the last month which left our home uninhabitable, my family and I were forced to move into a nearby hotel while our house was repaired and made good again.

Ever since we moved to the hotel I have be seeing strange things everywhere. They have been changing, but I think they are all related. The most common thing I see is a shadow in the corner of my eye and then disappears. Among the more bizarre was a time when I saw a flash of a different reflection in the mirror.

I also had a time in which, while I was at school, walking down the hall, I saw someone behind the glass in a door. As I opened the door, I looked in and discovered that no one was behind it, and no one was behind me to make a reflection. If I remember correctly, the apparition I saw was of a short, thin, young girl with dark brown hair and a dress on that was either blue or red. Her face looked dark and solemn.

After this incident, I didn't see her that clearly again, but I have experienced other abnormalities. Among these are taps and tugs on me now and then. The most recent incident was one involving a soft, irregular tapping noise lasting for five minutes while I was trying to get to sleep. She hasn't shown any aggression at all toward me so far.

Looking for some suggestions on what to do.

Other hauntings by EdgeOfFear

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Michigan

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, EdgeOfFear, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

EmeraldAngel (4 stories) (319 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-12)
I don't think she's evil maybe a bit moody but until I read your next story I'll just say light a candle and pray for her.
inspectorjavert (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-12)
This is my first comment, so please be gentle.
I think I can explain what twilightlover16 said.
She said that she liked Supernatural, which is a show that I'm quite fond of myself.
In the show, their first choice for ways to get rid of evil spirits is salting and burning the body.
Sorry if you already knew this. I know I'm extremely late to the party, but thought I might try to clear that up.
EdgeOfFear (4 stories) (41 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-16)
I have not directly heard her speak so I do not no her intention. Thank you for your comment though, it is very refreshing to read one this relevant after all of the others on my other story.
langel (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-15)
The girl could be lonly... Some tend to be that way. Have you eve well. Heard her speak... O put danger infront of you? 😕
EdgeOfFear (4 stories) (41 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-14)
I plan to put in my most recent expreiences as soon as the submission page is back up.
EdgeOfFear (4 stories) (41 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-14)
I would, but I really have no idea what my family history is. Does anyone know any good sites that can tell you your family tree.
EdgeOfFear (4 stories) (41 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-14)
Okay, I'll cover these comments one by one. No, I don't know family history but will look it up. I don't think it is evil either. Last but not least twilightlover16, no idea where you got the set fire to bones thing, but I'm not in a hurry to try it.
twilightlover16 (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-13)
i don't know if this is real cause I watch a lot of supernatural but just maybe you can research about this girl and maybe try to put her spirit to rest I think maybe you should fine her grave and salt and set fire to the bones
Haunted86 (9 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-13)
Just keep a cross close to you and say a prayer before sleep is what I say and try to sleep on a positive note
EdgeOfFear (4 stories) (41 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-13)
I have had quite a few more experiences regarding this same entity (s), and will be continuing this story as soon as the story poster is back up.
EdgeOfFear (4 stories) (41 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-13)
Thank you for your reassurence. I 'm not sure if that is the reason it is following me though, as it started appearing a month before I lost my pet, or if it is folowing me at all, but you do make a good point.
NightGhost (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-12)
Some entities can follow you if they have a reason too. In most cases they will stay put or earthbound to their haunted location. If this thing is following you to different places it's probably more like a spirit or guide that is trying to tell you something. Perhaps after losing your pet, it is there reassuring you that everything is ok. I always claim my guardian angels are tugging on me when I feel my hair being pulled or my shirt being tugged at. They are always around protecting me. Perhaps that is what is happening here. If you don't like them being around, just tell them to be more subtle or not be so obvious to as scaring you. Gentle spirits will listen. If it's a harassing entity then you may want to tell it to just knock it off completely. They have to obey as well. The living has more power then anything else, just remember that! 😊
EdgeOfFear (4 stories) (41 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-11)
Thanks. I'm just trying to get over it without too much trouble. Then I might be able to get back to this, well, what ever it is. By the way, does anyone figure it's following me, because I keep running into it everywhere, or is it two different entities.
ThatRandomGuy (1 stories) (75 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-11)
Ah. Take it easy then, don't try to worry to much, especially about all of this. I can't blame you, losing anythone be it person or animal is hard 😢
EdgeOfFear (4 stories) (41 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-11)
I don't know what you mean exactly know what you mean, but then again, I just recently suffered the loss of my pet and am all out of sorts.
ThatRandomGuy (1 stories) (75 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-11)
Huh, then you might very well be extra sensitive. You might want to look into to how to really tell if you are or not.
EdgeOfFear (4 stories) (41 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-11)
Thanks, and to answer your question, this actualy does happen quite often.
ThatRandomGuy (1 stories) (75 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-11)
I have a suggestion on what to do about this: Leave it be. If they aren't aggressive ignore them and don't give them a reason to be. This is only temporary so just don't lose your head andfdo something you'll regret. Of course, if it get's to out of hand just request a room change. As for being "extra sensory", does this happen alot? If it does then maybe you are. Sadly I can't tell you how to test your ability.
Anyways, best of luck.
EdgeOfFear (4 stories) (41 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-11)
Yes, I've beeen wondering about that myself. If you have any more comments on it so I can test it or somthing along those lines, please post them.
blank (8 stories) (110 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-11)
You said it started at the room you were staying in, where you experiencing abnormalities irrespective of the places. You might have strong sensory powers as you can both sight as well as feel apparitions.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: