You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Bloody Figure

Real Ghost Stories

The Bloody Figure

 

This story is going to start like any other ghost stories do, it was 2008 Feb. 22, 2 days after my birthday, things had calmed down a little and the only people left were 2 friends and my girlfriend.

We were all sitting in the lounge watching something (Black Hawk Down, I think) as we heard a low whistling sound, and could smell distinct rotting flesh! Josh and Jake (the two lads we were with) went to check the rooms, while I stayed with Evie and kept her cool.

Jake and Josh came back into the room stating they couldn't find anything. Now this is the really creepy bit, 10-15 minutes later Jake turned around and as he did he screamed and ran into the garden, our lounge is the same room a our garden door and Jake was sitting parallel to the door and as he ran the rest of us turned to look at the door, and saw a tall dark figure with miniature facial features and blood flooding his face beginning from the eyes!

Bits of his skin were missing and he was butt naked. We all ran scared shiatless out into the streets, we didn't care it was 11:45 PM and I lived in a rough area, we were too scared to worry, (if you get me). We sprinted to Jakes house with me having to carry Evie 3/4 of the way, it didn't matter though because the adrenaline going through me was stopping all signs of humanness!

Pease leave comments rating this story and I'm no jerk... This is true, our house is not at all haunted and I am Christian, this guy hasn't returned since but when he does he'll have a little surprise.

I still get a light essence of rotting flesh.

Trust in the lord forever.

Other hauntings by Webbstain

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Webbstain, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

briar24 (6 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-30)
When I read this story I just about crapped my pants haha. If you ever see it again though try to talk too it. See how it died. Though I probably would of ran so far I would be in a completely different town. You should get a group of people and try too talk too it with a ouji board. Best ot luck. ~briar24~ 😉
ghostscary (9 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-07-19)
He was butt naked? Wow I have never heard anything like it before! Hey you seem cool email me and send a picture: brightmantaylor [at] yahoo.com
Spazztasticgirl (2 stories) (29 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-06)
😆 Martin! HA! Sooo true:]... I just reread the comments and WolfReal, I agree with you about the flesh smelling of rotting chicken
Martin (602 posts) mod
 
15 years ago (2009-09-06)
elner, "christians" do the same as everyone else if they see a ghost for the first time, they crap their pants.

😆
Spazztasticgirl (2 stories) (29 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-06)
Whoa Elner... There are many beliefs out there and many christians who may not believe certain things or act a certain way... I am a christian, but do not always trust God to protect me... Because I am human and let fear get in my way
elner (38 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-06)
I litterally don't believe your a Christian because Christians STAND UP when they see a ghost because they know that the LORD is protecting them 😐
ghostboy001 (4 stories) (137 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-04)
I couldent tell you what it was I would have to stick wiht what others said that he died in the german bombing of world war 2.
Webbstain (3 stories) (24 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-04)
Safe all commentors.

Right let's get one thing straight, he was not an injured man! Just so you know this defo was a spirit, and not a random battered hobo.

I appreciate all your comments guys, keep em coming and trust in the lord forever.

Webby signing out! X
KajiSage (2 stories) (9 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-04)
I read this and some people I don't understand. You said the guy was bleeding from his eyes right? Then was there any blood on the floor when you returned? And as for the flesh smell, I can't help on that one. And from the way it sounds, he hasn't shown up in a while yes? Maybe he was just there for a bit then took off. I've done a little hunting myself, and as many say, get the facts, then use them to figure out a reasonable explanation, then whatever isn't explained, that can be the truth. I'm not saying you are a lier or anything, I'm just saying you could have seen a real spirit and you could have seen a real injured person.
raja1020 (1 stories) (17 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-27)
It could have been a victim when they germans bombed england during ww2.
emma14 (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-25)
i am a christian too and like angel I don't believe in ghotos but I believe in spirts... I don't think that they can hurt us and that mostly we can't see them... I don't know about feeling them that could be all in your head... As for smelling... I don't know about that etheir... 😕

Srry you got scared at watever it was...hope...it...stays away:)
Webbstain (3 stories) (24 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-17)
wow...really guys thanks fir all your comments these ones all make so much sense to me 😁.

Seriously I really do appreciate it.

For the people that ask what I have planned when the ghost next shows up I will stand right in front of it and try and comm! Heard that they hate that.

Also ghost angel how is someone watching you going to help me? 😜

But incedentaly this guy had a ww2 sort of aura around him, by aura I mean like you would have expected to been in the war - not smell.

Trust in the lord foreva

Webby (seriously guys thanks for the comments and you should read my other story - don't play with oujia boards that also I need advice on)
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-16)
But of course it don't means I don't believe the way you say bloody figure, that remind me of. I hope you don't see that it again I pray that.
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-16)
sound like a movie to me I seen that movie before bloody figure from living dead its a horror movie that eat brains. That creepy me out.
libertybelle (14 stories) (207 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-16)
Well, Webbbbby, that must've been some experience.

I've smelled rotting meat before, and always just went under the assumption that rotting corpses would smell pretty similar, but that's neither here nor there.

For what it's worth, though, it sounds to me as if this was someone who'd suffered greatly at the time of death--a victim of the blitz, perhaps? Or maybe one who'd died of the Black Death in the 1300's, or even possibly someone who'd been executed as a heretic in the 1500's?

I'd like to hear more about this--in what city or town did this take place?

Oh, and the 'miniature' features--is it possible that what you saw might have been two impressions, one superimposed on the other, such as an adult and a baby? If so, then that might help narrow it down somewhat. I get a feeling that the two died at roughly the same time, kind of ruling out a religious motive (Bloody Mary's conscience would never allow her to execute a baby for heresy; in her private capacity, she was really much too tenderhearted for such a thing--I think she'd have had any such children placed with Catholic families to be raised in what was, to her, the one and only true faith).

That still does, however, leave the theories of the blitz or the plague, or even some other unrecorded disaster in which a child and a parent could die pretty much simultaneously.
hazzardsyndrome (10 stories) (121 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-16)
dang, I hope I never get seriously injured and end up wandering around naked covered in blood. That seems to happen a lot and people run away screaming "ghost" rather then calling an ambulance 😜 (kidding btw, I haven't any reason to disbelieve you)

But seriously, I'm curious as to what you are planning if "it" comes back?

Thanks for sharing, take care
Webbstain (3 stories) (24 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-16)
Listen angel I respect yo opinion, but just because it scared me don't mean it's evil,,,,

I can assure you I have the willpower to do this thing on my own and if it is evil so be it, I'll deal with it, thanks anyway angel. X

Mini. Webby. Yuh.
AngelaListedMIA (21 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-16)
i'm confused. You don't think it's evil even though it scared the crap out of you? Lol.
Anything that looks like the thing you described is not good, I can gaurentee it
Webbstain (3 stories) (24 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-16)
Hey angel... Thanks for your comment but you use such big wordsthat confuse me... 😨 I understood most if it. But I wouldn't pray to god, it's not an evil spirit so I wouldn't even inconvinenice god with it, but thanks fir the support:D

Trust...,

Webb
AngelaListedMIA (21 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-16)
did you do anything prior to this thing appearing that may have evoked evil into your house?

I'm a christain too, my beleifs in the paranormal may be differnt from yours tho. I only believe in demonds and angels (God of course), I don't believe in spirits of the dead wandering around. Only evil manafesting itself to the mold and energy of other's thoughts.
If you have any other problems with this demond I would pray out loud in God's name.
Webbstain (3 stories) (24 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-16)
Thanks for your help and support spirit magnet, appreciated I'll try the onion and sage but I have always doubted it. Wolfreal, I spose it wasn't rotting flesh it was just sometimg telated to thehaunting just not the flesh side of it.

Webbydosser
SpiritMagnet (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-16)
So the figure was not looking at you or your guests. Sounds like just a risidual haunting to me, just someone who was there at one time, suffered greatly (obviously 😉) and left a mark in our realm. Sad really, but prob nothing to worry about. If you tire of the smell, I would burn some sage with a bit of lavendar. Not only to cleanse the air of the smell but to push out the rest of whatever else lingers. Good luck and please keep us posted!
WolfReal (1 stories) (140 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-16)
Hmmm... Time to empty the trash then I think. Rotting chicken smells nothing like rotting human flesh. Just so you know...
Webbstain (3 stories) (24 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-16)
Btw - wolf real I have only smelt it 2-4 times when the guy appeared it smels like a raw chicken or something like that.

Webbstar
Webbstain (3 stories) (24 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-16)
Cheers for all your comments guys,

Spirit magnet- he translucent and you could see the door behind him, it was a pale colour (the door) 6.5ft maybe (the ghost) the sound he made was a low whistling tune, and the expression on his face was distracted yet concentrated on a specific point on the wall, there are you're answers.
(hope this is all helping)
Reneespring- I agree because I am Christian doesn't mean I can't lie... But this isn't a lie. I respect your opinions and understand your thoughts but (this applies to you alswell lisamaxw) have you ever Bern sure about something and adamant, that your correct... He wasn't a physsical object and was not surviving in our world, he was also translucent, and by me saying minature facial features, tiny eyes nose, etc (this paragraph also applies toy you...lisamaxw) by meaning if he comes back I'll stand my ground and confront him, iheard spirits hate that. And finaly my house used to be haunted by my dead father. But as he left he promised us he'd take all spirits along, I know this figure wasn't it father because cmon, I know what my dead dad looks like,!

Hope this has helped and again... Trust in the lord forever

Webbbbby, (btw has anyone added me on hotmail or xbl?)
Lisamaxw (92 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-16)
This is more than just a little odd. Could you please elucidate on a couple of points? 1-What do you mean "miniature facial features?" Were the size of his eyes, nose and mouth too small for his head? Or something else? 2-Was he outside, trying to get in? 3-You said you live in a rough neighborhood. Are you sure that it wasn't a real person who was seriously injured? Check the bushes and make sure there's no dead body in them! 4-How do you "know" your house isn't haunted? 5-What do you mean, "this guy hasn't returned since but when he does, he'll have a surprise waiting for him."? Seems that if he returns, YOU'LL be the one who's going to be surprised!

Cheers, from across the Pond!
L.
WolfReal (1 stories) (140 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-16)
Webbstain - can you tell me exactly how many times you have smelled "Rotting flesh" to know what rotting flesh smells like?

Thank you
reneespring (148 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-16)
I kind of don't believe you. To me, saying you are Christian does not mean you don't spin a yarn or two. I am not saying you are a liar, but... I mean, maybe you are telling the truth...Anyway, if you really saw this, what if it was a real man bleeding? Maybe you should have called a hospital.
My first reaction was, bah humbug heehee. (To moderators, sorry if this is not nice enough, but if you tell me to cool it, I will be nicer in the future. Ty.)
SpiritMagnet (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-16)
Could you be a bit more descriptive about the figure, was it translucent or solid? Did it have hair? Height, weight? Was there a sound of some kind? Expression? These things can give you great clues as to what it could be and why it was there...

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: