You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: Playing A Game 2

Real Ghost Stories

Playing A Game 2

 

All right, it's been awhile since my last story. This one is a continuation of that one, so if you haven't read "Playing a Game" then read it before reading any further. Now, it has been awhile since my last story, but my stepsister encouraged me to finish this two-part chronicle and give everyone what they've been waiting for (and I'm sorry for making everyone wait so long).

Well since the incident with the Ouija board, several things happened. Firstly, the night after the events that happened in Part one, we decided to bring Chelsie's mom upstairs to practice it with us. First, we used the dowsing rods for a while, so that we could warm everything up. The strange thing was that they worked very well when I used them, but slow when Chelsie was asking, and when her mom asked questions, the reaction was completely bizarre. The rods would go in opposite directions! Every time we asked, or we asked things about the spirit that was around her, we could not get a clear response. We eventually got tired of it and began to set up the Ouija board. Being as Christian as I am, I went through prayer and blessed everything but the people in the room. Now, in hindsight, that was a bad idea. I should have been praying over Vickie (stepsister's mom) and Chelsie (stepsister) because of what happened during the session.

Our Ouija session continued relatively normally, however, there was something different about the atmosphere. It was somehow heavier than the nights before. We were trying to contact a spirit for Vickie. Now I suppose that the flaw in our logic was that we were not trying to contact a particular spirit. Just an angel that was around her. That was where we went wrong. We tried asking for a name. It spelled out "EMMA." When we asked if it had a surname, the pointer moved to "Yes." We asked for it, and the pointer seemed to struggle for a few seconds, before tentatively going to "X" and then "No" and then the pointer began to move to the edge of the board very quickly. Out of curiosity, I kept all of our hands on it. It went all the way off the board and started moving across the floor, at which point we did something stupid. Rather than try to move the pointer to goodbye (I didn't know I was allowed to do that at the time), we picked it up and placed it back in the middle. Then we said goodbye, and the pointer moved to goodbye.

Then we called up Gabriel (the kinder spirit from the nights before). We began to ask a few questions, but I noticed something odd about the way that the planchette was moving. The first couple of times we had talked to this particular spirit, the planchette had moved straight to each letter, and the little plastic needle had stopped dead center on each letter. The responses had been clearer the first two nights. On the particular night I'm writing about, the planchette would move around the board a little before coming to a halt that would usually be so close to the edge of a letter that I would have to bend over the board to make sure it was on a letter at all. The answers seemed rather garbled as well. The atmosphere in the room began to feel evil. We were uneasy, a little nauseous, and trembling a bit. Finally, Chelsie got scared, and refused to join us. We then promptly ended the session, telling the spirit goodbye. The planchette moved to goodbye.

I picked up the dowsing rods again. Vickie and I were wondering what had happened during the Ouija board session, so we decided to speak to the spirit that we had been communicating with all night. Again, we could not get a clear answer, but slowly, both rods began to be completely taken over. One of them would move very quickly, and the other would slowly point in the direction that the other one would. I could tell that they were being taken over by something evil, because Vickie asked, "Are you from Hell?" They pointed to Yes. "Get out. Get away from me! Leave me alone." The rods slowly pointed to No, so I dropped them. We were all freaked out at that point, and decided to break the Ouija board. We shattered the planchette and tore the board to pieces.

Afterwards was probably the weirdest part. For Vickie, nothing seemed to happen. Whichever demon was talking to us probably was already with her. For Chelsie, it took her four months just to go back to sleep in her room (which is where we held our sessions) again. She said that whenever she was in there, she could feel an evil presence, and it made her uneasy, so she couldn't sleep. She slept on her living room couch for a long time. For me, some very strange things began to happen. When I got home (in Texas), I began seeing this white, ghostly figure walking down the hall at night while I tried to sleep (my room has full view of two hallways, since it was meant to be more of a sitting room).

One night my mom confirmed this by calling to me: "Robby, will you shut my door? I keep seeing this lady walking around in the hall." That scared me a lot.

Then on Halloween night, around midnight, I had finished my late-night trick-or-treating with my friends, and my stepsister, Chelsie, called me and told me something. "I did a bit of research on those names we found. I couldn't find any names matching Yixly or Ohkikurix, but I did find something interesting. The name of a demon that I found listed on a lot of sites is Xaphan. It's spelled a lot like Xaffer and sounds like it, too. I think you may be haunted by a demon." After talking to her, I turned around, and right in plain view, I saw a gigantic (too big to be my mom or step-dad. They're both short) black-cloaked figure walk in my room, stand there for a second or two, and then walk out. I told it to go away and leave me alone.

In five different isolated incidents after that I saw him again, but then I haven't seen him since mid-December of 2008. Chelsie was finally able to sleep peacefully in her room. The white lady stopped walking the halls. Everything has gone back to normal. One thing that I noticed though is that the dowsing rods don't work as quickly as they used to for me, which is a bummer for me.

I hope you enjoyed this two part, long-awaited story, and that my "cheap shot" from part one is now justified (ha-ha).

If you have any information that you can share that would help me in any way, or you have some tips for me when I next use the Ouija board, then please feel free to comment!

Other hauntings by Jfreekao

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Illinois

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Jfreekao, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Matchu (14 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-12-15)
Awesome story very good I also agree about negative posts about not using ouiji boards after reading a story bout using one is basically wasting space I have read all three of your storys and enjoyed them all
Abomination (1 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-22)
Keep in mind that "angel" is a very broad term... You could very well be contacting a fallen angel.
scrapmetalkitten (306 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-08)
I liked this story. That seemed like an unfortunate side effect of the ouija. I'm glad things are pretty much back to normal for all involved. Take care.
s8terbaby182 (7 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-26)
I think all that crap happened because
The mover piece thing fell on the floor
I heard from somewhere, that if that happens the spirt/ghost/demon what ever you want to call it well haunt you or something like that.
Jfreekao (3 stories) (50 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-29)
Heheh. Sorry for the lateness, everyone. I'll try to answer your questions as best I can:

Whitebuffalo:

1) What I meant was that we didn't go after anyone in particular. We just decided "Let's pluck an angel out of the air." Very childish thinking. The reason we used a Ouija Board is because... Well, that's the most effective way we knew for contacting spirits. Meditation and seances don't work very well for me sadly. My specialty is tools.

2) Well, I suppose that I should've mentioned that we were using the board on the floor, as there were no tables in the attic (where Chelsie's room is). So the board was already on the floor. The pace of planchette was too fast and too steady to be our hands pushing on it... And we all had to scoot around on the floor really fast just to keep up with it.

3) In all of my sessions with the rods, including the ones that I did in that room without Vickie, they've all moved towards the same point at about the same speeds, give or take a little bit. This was very different. There was one that moved very fast and then the other moved slower than a snail's pace. It was a notable difference from any past experiences.

4) The hell thing makes since. Hell can be in someone's thoughts. If they have a desire and can't do anything about it, that could be considered hell for them.
avenged90 (2 stories) (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-27)
I think when you forced the planchette back onto the table, and chelsie telling the spirit to go away might of angered it a little bit. And since you seemed to be the one who wanted to continue using the board, and were the one who blessed everything in the room, the spirit held you as the most invulnerable person there. That's why I think the black figure and the white woman followed you home. Just my thoughts. Very interesting story though, I really got sunk in this one =] Thank you for sharing.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-19)
Whew, good thing Chelsie was wrong about this being a demon.
Very interesting.
I have a few questions, which I am SURE you counted on as you were reading the screen name 😆. Some of them may simply be in interpretation, and I apologize if they sound... Off.
First, you said "...we were not trying to contact a particular spirit. Just an angel that was around her..."

So, I am lost.
You said you WERE NOT trying to contact a SPIRIT, just and Angel. Interesting choice of words. In MY terminology, a Spirit is just about as close to an Angelic presence as possible. But that is not what I have the question about. My questioning is this...
IF she had an Angel hanging around her, WHY did you choose the Ouija Board to try out a communication? Why did you try THIS tool, and not say... A Bible?

This next one actually made me smile, then out and out LAUGH with the picture that came to mind. You wrote "...I kept all of our hands on it. It went all the way off the board and started moving across the floor..." Were ALL of your hands STILL on the planchette as it was moving across the floor? Did you all push off from the table, and crawl on the floor WITH it (there IS a reason for this question, and I am NOT being an instigator)?

The next one is just in how I am reading it, I am sure. But I wonder if you would not mind explaining "...both rods began to be completely taken over. One of them would move very quickly, and the other would slowly point in the direction that the other one would." Are you meaning that one of them was "on spot" and the other would appear to have been indecisive, and maybe even hesitant to respond?
In MY experience, I really never had (that I can recall) a time in which BOTH rods worked at the same speed. Now, that could have been just me, but I find it interesting that you should point out that they worked independently.
I am a firm believer of "If it was not important in SOME aspect, it would not have been put into words".

The final one is really just an observation. I have asked many a ghost (if that is indeed what they are😉) where they are, and just about half will respond "Hell".
Now, I am not about to tell you that half of the ghosts out and about who are able to communicate are conversing with us from their easy chairs in Hell. I am not even really sure what my thoughts are on that whole situation, but I DO believe that Hell is a figurative place, if NOT a literal place.
Do you follow me?
In other words, I believe that how a person lives their lives has a direct correlation with how their afterlife is going to be. Just because you are a successful banker and the most generous person around does NOT mean that you ensure an afterlife of green fields filled with wild flowers. NOR does it ensure an afterlife chained to the radiator in a fire pit.
What DOES matter is YOU. The Inner You.
It is my thoughts that SOME (think about it. There are songs called "Going through Hell", "If this is Hell", and other such named.) MAY use the term "Hell" to represent a state of mind.
I know I am late to post, but I wanted to make sure I gave everyone a chance to post, and I was actually awaiting someones response.
Thank you for the part 2.
Jfreekao (3 stories) (50 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-25)
Heheh, that was actually our plan as well. We aren't quite sure that we were able to summon them... As you see...
raja1020 (1 stories) (17 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-25)
I have an ouija board that I use at least twice every week, I believe That I have even summoned my own guardian angel.
megan14_3luvparanormal (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-24)
yeah like I said I kind of knew what they were but I don't pay attention to names so I wanted to make double, triple sure... 😊
Jfreekao (3 stories) (50 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-24)
Yes. I couldn't have put it better myself. Dowsing rods can be used for a variety of things, and they happen to be my spiritual tool of choice, as well as the one I'm most proficient with (although, the planchette on the Ouija board moved extremely quickly and in a very short amount of time, so I'd say that I am just as proficient with a board as I am with the rods). Dowsing rods can be made out of a variety of materials, but copper seems to be the best, because it's a very strong conductor of electromagnetic energy and is not magnetic.
megan14_3luvparanormal (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-24)
see that's what I thought... But I never pay attention to names so I wasn't sure
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-24)
megan14_3luvparanormal,

Simpliest explination... They are two rods, shaped like an 'L'. Most of the time they are made of metal and they are used to find 'energies'.

My first experience with them was a family friend used a pair of bent coat hangers to locate the water main in our front yard. He held one in each hand and walked around the yard, when the rods crossed in front of him we marked the spot... Then we dug where we had marked and we found the water main.

They can also be used for asking questions... If they move closer together it means yes... Futher apart means no...

They can be used to find 'energy' in a room... Where they cross is where the 'energy' is located.

I hope that helps... It's the basics but a condensed version never hurts.

Respectfully,

Rook
megan14_3luvparanormal (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-24)
quick question is a dowsing rod... Okay I can't explain my question... Maby you can help me what is a dowsing rod? 😕
Jfreekao (3 stories) (50 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-24)
[at] Tonith: Well, at the time we didn't know any way to keep it from staying in the house rather than to destroy everything. I didn't think that it would go away immediately, but at least it wouldn't be bottled up in the Ouija board for however long it took to get it out. Also, when I was at home, for a long time, I thought the spectral lady in the hallway was just an optical illusion. Then one day in October, before Halloween, Mom said that she saw the white lady. Also, I seem to be sensitive. Spiritual tools like the Ouija board and dowsing rods work extremely well when I use them, and I can see orbs, and I've seen ghosts before. Not a lot. If I want to be able to be a true sensitive, I will have to meditate some more. It's hard to do that with a little brother and sister though. Hahah.

[at] Logan: Where did I ever say that I would use the board again (although I probably will eventually, after I get my spirituality more refined and controlled)? Please don't be so close-minded. Ouija boards don't just bring pain. They can be very enlightening. If you treat them irresponsibly like a game, then you will bring pain on yourself, but if you use it as a tool, and are conducting yourself intelligently and firmly, then it can be a very valuable asset to anyone concerned with ghosts.

[at] cthullu: Well we all just got sick and nervous. Hahahah! Chelsie wanted to stop, and so we stopped after the 666 thing. The dowsing rod was the creepiest, I thought, because they were moving so slowly and ominously in my hands...
logan (3 stories) (222 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-24)
Hey...

I can not believe you still will go ahead and use teh Oujha board again! Why would one want to endure such pain is beyond my intelligence. Hope you do get through such ideas.

Logan
cthullu (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-24)
If that was me I would have screamed like a little girl and never go near anything again but of course I would just because I'm stupid.
tips_leadinvestigator (9 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-23)
Hey Robby! Great job on the story. Reading it takes me right back to that night. That was one crazy experience! 😁
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-23)
So you think smashing the board and planchette was the key to eliminating the negative influences? Seems like it didn't happen right away but took time. I don't believe in demons but many on the site do but I'm sure if a person was negative in life chances are they would be negative in death too. Some think these are just low level spirits that were never human. Or, some that were actually human but of low level spirituality. There are also documented cases of channeling done with a ouija board the most famous being those of Patience Worth. I don't have a whole lot of experience with ouija boards but I do own one but frankly have never put much stock in them.
Being that your mother also saw the apparition I will have to assume this was something validated. A witness is always good. Glad things settled down for you. If you are sensitive you will be having more encounters but you seem to be able to handle it.
megan14_3luvparanormal (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-23)
hehehe
That's umm... FREAKY! One of my family memebers has a some kind of like a social security or a credit card ending in 666... And I agree people shouldn't post rude messages... Its just a waste of time...
Now all of this talk about halloween is making me crave candy... 😜
hazzardsyndrome (10 stories) (121 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-23)
im a bit lost for words, except to say, that was a great follow up. I've very much enjoyed both parts of your story
Thanks for sharing 😊
Jfreekao (3 stories) (50 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-23)
Hahah. It's just that in Part 1 I wrote "Don't post telling me that I shouldn't use a Ouija board or that I was being stupid" which is why I got angry. Also, the figure had disappeared before I told it to go away. I actually have two things to add to this story:

On the night that Vickie, Chelsie, and I used the board, we asked it a question (I don't remember what it was, but that's irrelevant) and the reply was 666... Kinda freaky.

Also, on the night I told it to go away, when I was telling it to leave me alone (I kept telling it over and over, firmly and confidently), I was feeling pins and needles all over. They eventually started hurting. Then they suddenly stopped. I've never had that feeling since... Very strange.
megan14_3luvparanormal (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-23)
Nice story. I'm not aloud to touch a Ouija bored... And youv'ed proved to me why... I only hear things so to actually see something would scare the crap out of me.
I commend you on being brave, to actually look at the figure and tell it to leave you a lone, is something I wish I could do...
Well anyways it was a good story and believed every word! 😊
*hows that for a good comment lol (I thought I did good) *
Jfreekao (3 stories) (50 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-23)
Eh, well if you had read the first part then you may not have found it necessary to post that. Personally, I think that the Ouija board can be used responsibly, just not in the hands of an idiot. I did not use the Ouija board as a game. I used it seriously as a communication tool, not for playing some childish game. I put a lot of thought into it before I used it. I know that demons can pretend to be other spirits. This is, after all, about a demon.

I would appreciate it if future commenters did not post comments like the one below mine.
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-23)
The ouija board is not a game its demon that if you use it and it will open the portal to let the demons out and you let it out that cause you and your family feel the evil. Just a warning about it and you will see what the other say about the ouija board I been through with it already it gone bad. Of course demon prented to be a good ghosts/spirits. I am not try to be mean that all I just want to warn you ok.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: