You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Maybe Playing With Me!

Real Ghost Stories

Maybe Playing With Me!

 

First of all I apologize for my poor English and I will try my best to describe as it is,

If you have read my first story you will know that I got divorced because of a reason of been waked and made my life unpleasant by an entity was bound to my x-wife by some person.

After I got married again me and my new wife (Let's call her P) went to live on our own in a rented house somewhere very near to Colombo and it was very easy for both of us to go to office and come back home, most of the days we walked to our working places it was that easy.

About the rented house, even it was in the heart of a busy area this house looks very dark and silent. Even on a sunny day with all the windows and doors open still the place looks gloomy. Sometimes I used to think it's going to rain while I'm inside but it's sunny outside.

This started happening after about a week later. On a weekend. I was watching TV and my wife was cooking and then I went to the washroom and came back to my chair and wanted to change the TV channel but the TV remote was not there. I look and look but nowhere to be seen, I thought my wife was playing a joke on me and I blamed her but she was surprise and she said she did not take the remote. So I came back to my chair and there it is. As clear as the day it's just there on the chair. I thought I must of have not seen it, but in the back of my mind I just knew it was not there.

Second unexplainable thing happened two days later. We were sleeping and the AC was on in our bed room. I cannot sleep if my cover is not there so every night I cover myself with a thin cotton sheet and on this night I woke up needed to drink some water. First the water glass was not there where I kept it, so I had to switched on the lights and I found the glass under the bed. I drank water and went to bed again but my cover was not there. I am so damn 100% sure I slept covering myself with it but it's missing, so I started looking for it and there it is. It's folded and kept on my TV chair. I took it and came back to bed, my wife was sleeping heavily so it's not her, and we don't have pets even. Next day I told my wife what had happen and she got scared a bit.

Third was totally unpleasant. As I said we don't drive to work very often so we walked to office and around 8PM on a Friday evening, we came back home after taking dinner out. I gave the house key to my wife while at the Burger King and we walked our way home. At the doorstep she was not opening the door but searching all over in the hand bag for the key, but it's not there. We put the bag inside out but no key and our spare key is inside the house. Since it's already past 8PM, we cannot do much to brake the door but I had the car keys, we thought of driving to her parents place, when we got in to the car the house key was on top of the dashboard. We both felt upset and scared of what's happening.

So we decided to go to her parents place, and it was all dark except for the car lights but all of a sudden the garage light got turned on as if whatever it is trying to help us to go and as soon as I got my car to the road the light shut off.

Did not wait any second to find out how the hell that happen and we both kept silent until we get to her parents place.

P was pretty scared and demand not to step in that house again so over the weekend myself and her father with the help of some paid workers we cleared out stuff from that house and came back to live with her parents again.

Even after bringing everything, My water bottle that I keep for me to drink water while watching the TV is missing, I thought it must of have fallen when we loading the trucks.

On Tuesday me and P went back to work and I told my friends about the incidents, one of them said he like to see the place. On our lunch hour he and I came on his bike to see the house, but before coming I called the house owners to ask if it's OK to see the place and see if we have forgotten anything. They said it's totally fine and they could not go to the house even to check.

As I said it was busy area and we came to that house there it is, my water bottle kept on the doorstep with some brownish water like something inside.

Did not wait to find out what and flew back to work!

Has anything like that happen to anyone before? Would like to know.

Thanks for reading, cheers!

Other hauntings by Pasindu

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Pasindu, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Pasindu (9 stories) (25 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-02-05)
Hi AugustaM,

We felt the house did not want us there, even my wife was bit stoned for couple of weeks even after we moved out.

Bout the bottle yeah! It can be work of children I never thought of that.
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-02-02)
Sounds to me like you had a run in with a trickster or some form of elemental. Nome of their behavior seems downright malicious or even terribly harmful just bratty. I can still understand not being keen on living with it.

In terms of the water bottle, that could've been kids - if you and your father in law or the movers accidentally dropped it during the move, neighborhood kids may have gotten hold of it. As a kid, my friends and I were always making "magic potions" or "fairy soup" etc, which invariably involved a base of muddy water with whatever else we could source from the surrounding area and generally wound up looking rather vile. The bottle may have then been deserted on the front step as the children's game moved on.
Pasindu (9 stories) (25 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-01-31)
Hi Rex,

About the car, its like when you stand in front of the house main entrance on your left side you can see the car.

I felt this is more like the house didn't like me staying there.

I had several friends came to help me unloading my stuff to that house when I moved in first, after work we had some drinks and various kind of meat items where there.

Maybe the house didn't like having parties... 😁
Rex-T (5 stories) (288 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-01-30)
Hello Pasindu,

I'm glad to hear that you have moved out of that house and away from trouble.

I've attached a link to a recent posting, concerning money disappearing. Note the comments and you will understand that several YGS members have had similar incidents.

Https://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=26314

Both Jubeele and I have also experienced items that mysteriously went missing and then later reappeared. These events only occurred in our home and our reaction was one of annoyance and then humour, before they stopped.

When my daily medication went missing, I asked out loud for whoever it was, to please return my medicine as I would get very sick without it. Sure enough, I found it in the exact same spot where I left it, the night before.

After reading your account, it struck me that we had very different reactions to a similar incident. Understandably, you got scared, living in a new "gloomy" house, while I got annoyed having my comfortable existence disrupted.

Taking this one step further, I wonder what the motives behind the spirits' antics are. In your case, was the spirit trying to discourage you from living in that house? Even giving you one last scare with the water bottle (just to make sure you don't change your mind and come back).

One last aspect of your encounter that I found revealing - the fact that these pranks were played out both in the house and in the car leads me to assume that all your incidents were not some much focused on the house but had more to do with the land.

Thanks for sharing

Rex-T
Pasindu (9 stories) (25 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-01-29)
Hi RSAChick!,

Well...i did some background checking later on with neighbors of that house, the owners have lived there from the beginning and there was an old servant used to live with them who was basically looking after their two children,
The servant has gone home (For Vacation) and never came back later found out that she has passed away (while she was on vacation).
After some time, because of some school issue of their children they have moved some where near to that school and made the house rent able and that is where I'm came in.

After posting the story I wanted to see the house again, so I went there to find out some guys working in a restaurant have rented the place.
About the bottle... No idea what was inside. 😊
RSAChick (115 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-01-29)
Hi Pasindu

I know it's many years ago, but could you find out if any previous tenants or people staying there after you experienced the same thing?
Maybe speak to the owners?

Would also be interesting to know what was in the water bottle... But I guess we will never know
Pasindu (9 stories) (25 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-01-29)
Yes Nat! So far it's been many years after moving out from that weird house, never happen anything like that again.

It's kind a strange and love to know why the house doing things like that.
natnorman95 (1 stories) (2 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-01-28)
Hello.

Yes, very similar. If you read my story I have experienced the misplaced items. In my case, it only happened in the one apartment and since I have moved I haven't experienced it again. Or at least it wasn't significant enough to remember.

I think now that you are out it will stop.
Keep us updated!

Nat

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: