You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Possessed in Dream

Real Ghost Stories

Possessed in Dream

 

This is perhaps beyond the realms of the usual, given that it was a dream. However I feel it has a couple of similarities to my "I can see you" story, and maybe dreams can be influenced by the dead?

It was the night of 23rd March, 2007. I was shattered from work and went to bed at about 7pm. I'm pretty sure it was a dream, where in it, I actually wake up and hear noises, crashing and banging. The next thing I know in this dream is that I have a feeling of evil and that there's something else in me. I feel possessed by a Demon. I'm filled with rage, malice and anger and I race down the stairs, but hopping on my left leg jumping four steps at a time feeling invincible.

I have enough control to look in the mirror and see red eyes staring back. I walk past my mother. Stop and stare at her. I continue to the next room and burst in on my father, and that's where the dream ends.

This dream was so vivid and detailed and again unlike anything I've ever experienced before. The surroundings were based in reality, it was my home I was walking around. I have to stop and wonder whether it really was a dream. Apart from the demon element, there was no other fantasy or made-up element that I have experienced in any of my other dreams. Could it have been something more than a dream? Could we be vulnerable to evil spirits in our sleep?

Cya

Simon

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

Daniel18 (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-08)
Hello I had almost the same dream as you. About 2 - 3 years ago. I dreamt I was in a town I dreamed about 3 or 4 times before. I was in a hotel room in the dream then I saw this black shadow circling around me and then the shadow went into me I was filled with extreme hate and rage. I talked but my voice was a very deep growling voice. I looked at myself in the mirror and I wasn't me anymore. When I looked at myself in the mirror my vision was blood red. Can demons easily possess people when they are asleep? I'm from the UK as well.
Nightshade (40 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-22)
Hello, here I am, on the computer in my new apartment, while my boyfriend Matt, (We live together) is doing the laundry. He says I need a break. I've been meaning to ask him where my flats are, well, whatever. Um, oh, I just said that to you? I'm sorry I should have erased it, but, they's probably no point, now. Um, about what you were saying, Matt (my boyfriend) woke me up in the middle of the night last night because he said that I was mumbling something like No, get off of me, I don't want you here... (just telling you, I'm 14, Matt's 15.) He sounded worried when he woke me up, there. Then, I got really worried, too. We decided to just go sleep on the couch, which by the way, was much better. Sorry about your dream, anyways. BYE!


Yours Truly,
Nightshade ❤
Nightshade (40 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-22)
That sounds weird. Though I do believe you. That's possible, I've never had a dream that was like that, but I have had dreams that felt real and vivid. I'm sorry, I'm wasting your time talking about me here, right? I'm really very sorry. Anyways, I'm sorry that you're having these dreams. Maybe a seance will help, you never know.:T

Yours Truly,
Nightshade ❤ ❤ ❤
bardsidhe (38 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-01)
your Dream appears to be a message, something is telling you it has issues, wether those issues are against your father or he is merely iconic for the purpose of the message, I cannot know.
SaintPatricksSon (4 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-25)
You need a catholic priest to exorcise you - its the only remedy.

Put your trust in the lord
JackEdwards (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-01)
This sounds familiar, I feel that if you do not wake up at the start of the dream, after that scary first bit, you can have the most realistic and amazing lucid dreams or even outer body experiences, I believe that there is either demons or spirits or guardians visiting us in our sleep, when I have these dreams I feel that whatever it is, is actually using us to get what they want or trying to please us, I am not sure and will nevert be sure but I can say that I have never been harmed or harmed anyone so I feel that they are safe, one time I was in bed with my ex girlfriend and I had one of these dreams, she was so shocked that she thought I was possesed by something, she wasn't scared but she told me that she thought that I was gifted, who knows eh, anyway try not to be to worried but feel priveliged to have this phenomena happen to you.

Peace

Jack
Sasquatch (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-28)
Sounds like you had an out of body experience. I've heard from many people who have had them that said that at the beginning they heard all sorts of scary noises and felt some sort of presence.
Brittany (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-27)
That would sure be a very scary dream to have. Although, I don't feel that it really has anything to do with the paranormal. Now don't quote me on that. It is very possible that spirits can influence you while you sleep. If you would have said it was happening on a regular basis, then I would guarentee it was paranormal. I feel that it means your subconcious fears a lack of control. Maybe a lack of control of yourself, or maybe your surroundings. If you have it again then I would probably get some white sage and burn it in your bedroom before you go to sleep. Spirits can't be in its presence. I hope this eases your mind.
Victoria (2 stories) (33 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-26)
Hello Cya: Yes they can induce influence in ones dreams. I had a rather hideous, most grotesque dream well over 20 years ago but I still remember the horrid details as if it were yesterday. I don't know why I dreamt of such a thing. I mean I had never seen anything even remotely close to this vision in any movie or TV show. All I can say is that it was of the most putrid evil and according to my best friend, a wakeup call to start getting closer to God. So I did. I essentially started praying like never before and began attending prayer groups and such. Since then I have never had a dream similar to that intensity but I have had my share of experiences with demons (read my story entitled "Demons and Sleep Paralysis" on this site). I now know how to repell them by rebuking in the name of Jesus Christ and standing my ground. The battle between good and evil is constant, the best strategy is to arm yourself with God's truth. That will serve as your protection. Blessings to you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: