You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Floating Lady with no Legs

Real Ghost Stories

The Floating Lady with no Legs

 

One day, as I was sitting inside of my room, I heard a sound and I didn't pay any mind to it. Seconds later, someone knocked at the door and I got up to see who it was. As I got up, I open the door and there was nobody there. We lived in the basement so there were stairs and a wall in my way. As I went up the stairs, there was no one there, I thought it was my sister's boyfriend but there was no one there in the hallway. So I went inside the house and looked at the door and sat back on the bed and finished watching TV. 5 minutes later, I heard another sound and I turned around to find a lady floating, looking dead at me. Her eyes where red and she had on a gray dress and she didn't have any legs, she had long black hair, but she just looked. I woke my mom up to make her see what I saw, but she got up to late. As I jumped under the sheets, trying to hide from what ever she was, some one knocked at the door again and my mother told me to go get it. I refused and she got the door, this time it was my sister and her boyfriend.

I asked my sister "did they knock on the door before?" and they said no, they just got here. So I asked my mother if she had seen it because I told her about it, she said she only saw the end of her dress. I was only 9 years old and now I'm about to be 18 and I remember that day like it just happen.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Illinois

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

bardsidhe (38 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-01)
as long as she was not wailing like a banshee... Because she sure sounds like one in image...
Sabrina12993 (2 stories) (56 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-23)
😕
Your house must have a lot of history!
She sounds scary looking... I would've screamed so loud the neighbors would have heard me!...seriously...Well hope she doesn't give you a visit again... God bless
Sabrina!
Bie (14 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-11)
Oh Damn! Too Creepy! You must have been freaked out! Maybe there has been some incident on the lady dying before you came to live there. Do some researching.

Peace, Love and Happiness!
Bie
chelsey (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-31)
WOW! You must of been creeped out! I would be closing my eyes and pluging my ears! And tell it to go away!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: