You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: She Won't Let Me Sleep

Real Ghost Stories

She Won't Let Me Sleep

 

When I was much younger I lived in an older house across town, I would often sit and look outside the window that was next to my front door. In broad daylight I would clearly hear three knocks on the door. Course there was no one there, or even anyone who could play a prank since I was watching the porch the whole time. Even at night I would have trouble sleeping because I felt someone was there besides my sister.

We moved into these newly built homes and for a while nothing weird had happened. Years later I again had trouble sleeping but this time I would hear creeks and loud cracks that would consistently keep me awake. As I got older I just dismissed it as the foundation and adopted this new mentality that what is real is what I can touch.

One night my sister was downstairs and I was just about the drift to sleep when I heard a loud laughter in my ear. By the way it sounded was almost evil. I ran downstairs to my sister, asked her if she had heard anything in the back yard and she looked at me confused. I know what I heard, even if it was in the backyard it had to be outside my window on the second floor. I heard it as if it was in the back of my head.

This happened when I was around 15. I'm 19 now nearly 20 and the past few days I have been woken up around 4am. A couple nights ago I was sleeping and around 4:20 I felt as if someone choked me awake. I remember just jerking around trying to pry whatever was around me. Nothing much happened after that but I couldn't sleep I just felt threatened. Even though I was tired I couldn't find the courage to sleep. So I called my boyfriend and just heard him snore away to calm me.

Last night around the same time I kept getting woken up around the same time but it was like it was in my dreams this time. Like seconds before I would wake up a woman's face would appear in my dream. But most of the time was her voice like she was getting my attention but I couldn't make out what she was saying. I could just tell the alertness in her tone when she would wake me.

This time I didn't feel threaten just annoyed she wasn't letting me sleep. Every time I would drift off she would again use my dreams to wake me.

I tried looking at some of the stories others had posted but most didn't apply to my experiences. The choking wasn't much of a sleep paralysis I'm just not sure what to do. I told what ever is in my room to please let me sleep. Most of the time I ask it to leave I just don't know what to do. I'm not sure why it's doing this now.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Minivinny, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

amy_x (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-08)
thats well weird. I don't know what to say really, just that I would try and contact her, ask her to let your have some sleep! Good luck 😁
Sapper (7 stories) (19 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-18)
Is this still taking place? If it is maybe I can lend you some help. My email address is jps_cobra1 [at] yahoo.com. E-mail me if you want to.
JP
zoajet (2 stories) (276 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-03)
Ok first off I am a ouija board user sense I was 10, FEAR IS THE SPIRTES KEY. I came in contect with many good and evil spirtes. I read other people commets and if you made the spirte really mad, moving would do nothing, they will follow where ever you go. NEVER BURN the ouija board or try to get rid of it until the spirte is gone. To make matters worst, spirtes from the ouija board are not the same as normal ones. The ouija board spirtes are summon from the depts of hell, so normal prays and exicisem WON'T WORK. I learn to deal with them by expariences. One way to get rid of them is to not show fear. The fear you show them is the key that allows them to hurt you. If you don't pay attention to them then they will go away. Also if you know the dark arts (wicken) then show them who is boss. Also, iadvise to set up seal papers all over the house is your being haunted. If you have any thing to ask me, anyone, send me an e-mail. Darkzone98 [at] hotmail or dragongod101 [at] hotmail.com I will help if you have any problems.
sinimabeats (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-22)
She's trying to tell you that you are not breathing in your sleep. She's your brain's way of keeping you awake so you can breathe and provide it with oxygen.

This explains the choking and why you cannot sleep.

Try using a mouth piece that has air holes or finding out if you have trouble breathing in your sleep.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-03)
Sure.
Let her be the first to initiate the contact. She has been, so far.
But please, do not be disappointed if her message turns out to be less than prophetic. Sometimes we get all worked up and excited about something that just MUST be SOOO important if they slipped through the veil to TEACH us, when it may JUST be that she misses LIFE.
Thanks again.
Minivinny (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-03)
Thanks for your help. What are the best times for me to ask her. Around the same time she wakes me?
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-03)
Tell her, in your dream, that if she has something to say to you... Then SAY it.

The space in time that falls when we are just about asleep, and just about awake would appear to be the "best" time for visitation with someone who is either too scared to show themselves, OR do not have enough self energy to manifest.
She is not really trying to be obnoxious. She IS trying to get your attention.
I would suggest surrounding yourself with your own form of protection (I personally "use" a bright white room with a mirror in the center. In my minds eye I flood the room with PURE white light and use the mirror as my "eyes". I try not to look directly at, or in the eyes of, anything I try to contact this way. ONLY because, I do not KNOW them) EVERY time you go to sleep.
When she let's you know she is there, just ask her to spit it out. Tell her you do not like playing games and would prefer the up front and honest approach.
Be respectful. But be firm.
If you DO NOT take matters into your own hands at this point and either confront her, or learn to block her, you will probably end up with a waking habit. Who knows? It might already be started. The only thing THAT means is that you would habitually awaken at the same time every night until the habit can be broken.
Have you ever tried to help a child learn to sleep through the night? It is not easy.
Good Luck!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: