You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: Daughter Seeing Spirits

Real Ghost Stories

Daughter Seeing Spirits

 

I am a single mom of a three year old daughter. I have suspected for a while that she sees "things". I have been to a couple of mediums that have also brought this subject up saying she does. We recently started staying with my grandma while our house is being built. My grandfather died in the house about 3 years ago. Strange things happen, loud crashes, I will start the dryer, come back and it will be off and the door opened, and where we sleep, someone constantly jerks the door handle at night. My grandma says this always happens and claims the noises are from squirrels on the roof. My daughter is having conversations with her toys and the other night I walked into the room as she was saying "Leave Me Alone", she was by herself I asked her who she was talking to and she said no one.

She speaks a lot of my dead uncle who died like 30 years ago in a car wreck. He was only 18. No one really ever told her anything about him but she talks about him a lot. One more strange thing happens in this house where neither one of us can sleep good. I have the most crazy vivid dreams and wake up all through the night. Every night I wake up at 4:00 a.m. Has anyone had an experience like this? Is there anyway to confirm she is seeing things? If she does see things why does she deny it? Am I crazy?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Indiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

lightningspirit (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-13)
You are not crazy! Spirits have been known to tell children to not tell anyone of their presence. I wouldn't be alarmed. Most spirits are not here to harm us, they are just looking for a friend. Most of them are protectors and they likely will not harm you or your family. But, if someone tries to break in or harm your family, the spirits have been known to attack the intruder or attack someone who they feel is a threat to you. I would get a recorder and put in your daughter's room or close by where she's playing and see if you can pick up anymore voices. But, ask them if it's ok to record them first. Just out of respect for them. Hope this helps you. If your daughter is not afraid then you have nothing to worry about. Children are a pretty good judge of character and as you know, they do not hesitate to tell you when they are frightened.
carri (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-09)
Yes your daughter is able to see the spirit world she has a gift. My daughter is the same way. Wow she can see the 18 year old who died, that's amazing. We are hard core christians me and my little daughter but she can see the spirit world and I can hear it. She has more of a gift than me. Children I think can hear and see spirits more
Carri
samialyssa14 (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-01)
i have an idea I believe the younger you are you can see ghosts and I believe I could see ghosts when I was younger but it stoped when I was about 10 and I had once seen my grandma sitting in a rocking chair in my room I asked my mom and dad about it and they said that my room used to be my grandmas and she did have a rocking chair in the spot so first I think you should try and remember if that room was a big part of your grandpas or uncles life
cmangal83 (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-05)
I hope you read this,

I respect every religion there is and whatever beliefs people have. What I do know and believe is that 4 a.m. Is supposed to be the time of God. It is a common time in most religions where priests and devotees of God often start their prayers. Whatever is happening is stopping at that time for a reason. You should say your prayers at this time or meditate or whatever you feel comfortable with. But trust that after 4 a.m. Is a Godly time. As for your daughter she doesn't think you will believe her. Slowly gain her confidence by telling her of experiences you may have had even if they aren't true. But she needs to feel like she is not alone and that her mommy is right there with her. Let her know that nothing can ever harm her and that she is protected by God or whatever you believe. The main thing is that she is never afraid and can always come to you if something is wrong. Trust me I speak from experience. Best Wishes.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-24)
I read all of the other commetns before posting, I have only one thing to say...oh, my.

As you posted your story to this site not to receive a lecture or Biblical education but for support and empathy, I will comment on your story.

It is quite true that often people who love us deeprly can leave traces of themselves behind, letting us know how truly loved we were, and are. That may be what is happening in your home.

As for your daughter, what a precious child you have! Remeber that, with or without the gift she is truly THE miracle of the story.

God Bless!
cupcake10132 (4 stories) (193 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-02)
Beileve your duaghter, and ask her to tell the truth and who's inside her toys. Ask her questions and make qise descions for she is one ofn the other few who hear things.=)Let her be.

~~Takuari
Brittany (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-26)
Prophetess, I have read many of you comments and have found myself biting my tounge, but I can't do it anymore. I am probably one of the most tolerable people when it comes to religion. I was brought up in a christian church almost my whole life. I never felt right though. I decided when I was about 14-15 that I had to find something different. Thats when I discovered wicca. I am sure you know that means I practice witchcraft. Having said that I can now continue.
I have no problem with you being a devout christian. Here is my problem with you. First off all people have the ability to have psychic "powers", if you will. Its called intuition, the third eye, and so on. Its a gift everyone is born with. Its not a heavenly sent gift and I, personally, have never heard a psychic claim it was.
As for the bible preachings you claim to be the truth. And this may be a History lesson for some. The bible was written hundreds of years after jesus had died. It was cut and pasted from a long collection of stories to fit a specific story line the creators seen fit. You have to remember that people in that time were poorly educated, if educated at all. And we all know that in areas of uneducated people, violence and other crimes are more prevalent. No offense to anyone. Now, the people of that time were becoming increasingly difficult to control, thus the bible was created. What better way to control peoples behaviors then to instill fear into them. And we all know an eternity of damnation, are soul burning in a fiery pit instills it the fastest.
So, next time you feel the need to qoute the bible and educate everyone on the evils of ghosts or the punishments for lying, remember what I said.

I, by no means, am prejudice, nor is my opinion biast. I feel that they only truth is the real truth. If my words offended anyone, I'm sincerly sorry.
Aileen (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-25)
Loud crashes can be tricks of the mind. Also, my dryar does that as well. It's usually because the door to it isn't closed all the way and opens up after a few spins. I too hear door handles being jerked at... Kind of like somebody is trying to open a door without their fingers? Or with their wrists like they have something on their hands and don't want to get it on the doorknob.

I'm sure you aren't imagining it and you're not crazy... Sometimes things just seem a little coincidental. Your daughter, though, seems to have a gift. You should teach her to embrace it.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-18)
Martin, no since in even trying to reach that one. She has it set in her mind that no one else is right. That her belief system is the one true calling. I wonder what she thinks of the Amish, or the Catholics, May be the Holy Rollers are speaking tongues through satan. I think she needs to sit down and read the new American bible or the American standard bible instead of the mistranslated King James version. She's not even following what she is preaching anyway. Once again she is preaching intolerance and indifference to those who have a belief system outside of her own. I almost feel as if she actually greatly dislikes those who do not believe as she does. I teach to those who listen, compasion, empathy, love, and respect for all. Just as Jesus did. He didn't sit down to eat with the rightous, no he eat with the sinners. No matter if they are pagan, christian, wiccan or atheist. For the lord says to love each other as he loves us. But I digress, sorry to have gotten on my pulpit there Martin. I also apologize to those of you whoes faith I used as an example, it was not intended in a demeaning manner.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you all.
Martin (602 posts) mod
 
17 years ago (2007-04-18)
Prophetess, I specifically said that if you had paranormal experiences you could submit your story using the "submit your story" link at the top and you could give it all the christian interpretation you wanted, so stop acting all paranoid. Just tone it down in the comments area, as it is not a platform for preaching. Second, to answer your question about psychics, most of them attribute their gifts to God, no specific religion in particular or religious books. God wouldn't fit in a little book of rules and regulation, especially not one written by a superstitious, bronze age tribe thousands of year ago who sacrificed lambs to get rain. No offense intended, but you really need to broaden your horizons.
Prophetess (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-18)
No doubt but Martin does not seem to think so!

I have spiritual discernment too, demons move within the body as well, yes I have spoken to Satan himself inside a woman at a Homeless Shelter. Because he knows I preach the word of God, now I can also post an email that I received from him as well. He speaks the old english language because he is so old.

The closer you are to God, he will reveal himself to you unfortunately!
Victoria (2 stories) (33 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-18)
Prophetess, you really should post your own stories... I for one am curious to hear about the demons you encountered while you were a card reader...I'm sure others would like to read them as well... It could save someone's life, you never know.
Prophetess (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-18)
and let me ask you this Martin, where do these psychics say what or where they are gifted by and whom?

Please inform me of this now be honest with your response, where do they say they get this information from?

This should be an interesting response Martin!
Prophetess (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-18)
I did not see that up their, but I will not apologize for posting the truth Martin, you are just upset because you know I am speaking the truth, wow you really are a blasphemer like big time by tearing apart the bible like that, holy cow, good luck Martin!
Martin (602 posts) mod
 
17 years ago (2007-04-18)
I gave you a warning on this page:

http://www.psychic-experiences.com/real-psychic-story.php?story=138

And yes, I am willing to take the chance of going to hell because I didn't memorize some passages of a book written by a 4000 years old desert tribe. How infantile would that be for the creator of all things?
Prophetess (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-18)
Martin you did not give me any warning, why are you lying? Lyers get left behind Martin!

I am not a saleman I am teaching the truth instead of them believing lies, and since you say you already warned me when you did not, does that not prove that I am right about people lying on this site? Hmmmm

Feel free to erase what you will, the Lord father is watching you closely Martin hee hee, if you erase his words from the bible, you will be questioned about it later on! Are you willing to take that chance?
Martin (602 posts) mod
 
17 years ago (2007-04-18)
Prophetess, I already gave you a warning previously about preaching, this is not your little congregation, so I deleted your long list of Bible quotes, please don't post it again and again. If people want to read your religious book, they'll go to a christian bible web site. If you want to write a definitive post on your point of view and your real ghost experiences (or as you would call them, demons), submit your story, it can be as long as you want. You're free to register and provide all the bible links or favorite passages in your profile page, also. And do read or posting guidelines, we don't appreciate proselytizing:

http://www.yourghoststories.com/comments-guidelines.php

Meanwhile, in the comments area, try to act as a person and not a salesman.
Prophetess (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-18)
Brittany when you die you are judged by God, the Angel of Death either takes you to Heaven to join the Lord, or to Hell where you will be eternally separated. Their is no such things as ghosts.

by the way, witchcraft, those that do that get left behind by the lord Brittany, it is not the first religion either. The lord created the heavens and earth first then the angels, then man then woman, it was not until satan tempted Eve to pluck from the tree of consiousness that paganism began, however it started off with God. However because beezlebub wanted to take over and let his pride puff him up because of his beauty (if you read ezekiel 28 Brittany you would know this) then he ruined it for everyone-until Jesus Christ was born to save us. Why do you think King Herod wanted him destroyed? Beezlebub the prince of demons knew full well we would be saved by Christ, which Satan does not want us to have, you see he will be going to hell soon, and he wants to take others with him, so now what does he do? He infects people with demons. I know I have had one before which the Lord removed it.

I would suggest giving up the witchcraft Brittany it is not worth it to be left behind is it?
brittany (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-18)
Prophetess, I have to totally disagree. I guess because I practice the first religion ever, witchcraft, and do lots of divination where spirits are involved, I should know. I believe that there are demonic spirits, but not all of them. When you have two frightened children spirits come to you for help and an evil spirit after the kids, then you could see my point. The children I helped were by no means demonic at all. They just needed help. There have been to many good people die and then visit there familys. How are they demonic? It just doesn't make sense.
Prophetess (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-18)
Lily, no such things as lost souls, they are called familiar spirits in the bible. Familiar because they are familiar with the people. They are demons, fallen angels of God.

If you read rev 12-this is explained, and if you revert back to Luke I believe it's ten-where they saw Satan falling from the sky like lightening.

This was prophesied in the bible about new age thinking mixing with Christianity, it is satan's tactics to separate you from the word and truth of God. Their is only heaven and hell Lily, no inbetween. I have cast out the familiar spirit in my husband with the Lord, you can usually tell someone has one because they will know your thoughts, which only the Lord Father should know. You see when Eve was tempted by that fallen Angel named Satan (read Ezekiel 28) she plucked from the tree of knowledge, which is the tree of consiousness. We were not supposed to know what is going to happen next, what someone else is thinking etc...

Now if you read revelations 19, it explains that true prophesy is witnessing for Jesus, through the spirit of the Lord. Not through cards, and horoscopes and all that nasty stuff, that is false prophesy done through demons. They are on the inside of the body Lily as well as on the outside. I asked the Lord to remove my divination spirit and I threw up-now if you read Acts I believe around 17 it talks about Apostle Paul removing that divination spirit.

Sometimes demons can become viscious when exposed, by swearing, calling names to someone and that sort of behaviour. Sometimes they can even get violent.

I hope this answers your questions, ghosts do not exist, it is satans tactics, this was prophesied in the bible of new age mixing with christianity, in other words people reading cards, mediums and all the like will feel like it is from God and talk about it like it is, but do not know scripture what so ever, how do I know this? Because I used to read those devil tarot cards and felt the same way! But at that time knew nothing about the bible, until the Lord set me free with the real gift of prophesy.
Lily (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-18)
I hope you are not scared for yourself for your little girl, you should know you are always in control in situations like these. I was reading Shanes reply and it "sounds" like good advice. The part where it says you could kindly ask this thing/things/being to please leave most defintely works. Their prescence isn't wanted in your home and if they would please leave peacefully.

To my knowledge this is efficient in the case of wandering souls who believe they have a right to be there and sometimes are in denial when it comes to them being dead. Harmless and not out to get you or anything like that.
I lived in a huge, gorgeous house with my family when I was younger (usually my parents wouldn't have dreamt of such a luxury due to low income but guess why this house wasn't so pricey...). I have three sisters, I was four at the time and my oldest sister was twelve so we remember it clearly. Every night, the house filled up with people - soooo many people, the noise was terrible. My parents, especially my dad, couldn't sleep. One time he didn't sleep for three days straight it got to him that bad. My new-bourne baby sister ofcourse cried relentlessly. The attic was especilly bad and at the time me and my younger sisters didn´t understand why we couldn´t make it our play room. My uncle's wife is "special" and after a few visits she stopped coming. My mother wanted to know why and she explained, ending with my mom asking for advice. She was told to go to the front door, open it and announce that this party was over, this house was her home now, they were not welcomed and would they please leave in peace and not bother her and her family again. She did just that(feeling a wee silly she later told me). And guess what? Like a miracle, it was gone. No more noises, no more creepy feeling, no nothing. These beings were not out to get us personally, I think they just wanted to have good time, personally, they might not have known they were dead. I remember on one occasion, one of "them" actually came into my bedroom, asked me what I was doing up so late (I was awake but in my bed), looked around the room and left.
Anyhow, that whole story just to agree with someone...
Hope you are well and have the situation under control. Love and peace.
jimmy (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-18)
if anyone wants to tell me just what they see at 4:ooam in the morn I would like to rapp with them. I never believed in ghost or spirits but the things that happan to me at night are making a believer out of me an this is no lie. Up until this very day I still see the same things. You can get me at gemini1 [at] datasync.com I think I am normal just like everyone else.
jimmy (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-18)
i do think that you see things at 4:ooam in the morn. Why cause I also see things to this goes on every night an I also try to tell someone. But they might say this guy is a nutcase. Well anyway I do see what I see I don't like to have anyone laugh at me. If I was face to face with you I can tell you just what I see an how it comes about at that hour in the morn. But I can say this much it does not try to hurt me.
Abigal (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-09)
I know that you are not crazy! When I was a little girl after my grandfather died, I used to say "Mommy, I see Deek. He sitting in the chair..." "Deek" is what I used to call him because his name is "Richard" and my Grandma used to call him "Dick". I just missed him alot. That is atleast what my mother tells me. Also, many young childeren pretend and talk to their toys like they are real people. I did that and so do many other little girls. As for her talking about your uncle, that is a little strange. Maybe she really does see ghosts. Can you ask her if she sees your uncle? That might be the thing to do.
jackie (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-30)
Thank you for your comments, The mediums I have been to are located in Chesterfield, IN. I don't believe they are scams I don't just go anywhere for this advice I know there are a lot of fakes. If you are interested it is called Camp Chesterfield. They are on the web. There is some great history there, if you have time look it up. Once again thanks!
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-29)
Well thank you Brittany, I only say and do what I believe in. If the person chooses to use something that I have provided them, and it helps them to over come what ever they are going through. Well I am just glad I could be of help.

Peace, Love, and Luck, be with you.
brittany (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-29)
Shane, you give some of the best advice. And I would have to agree with you completely. There are too many legit mediums out there who offer their services for free. As for worring about you daughter, it seems that the only spirits that communicate with her are past relatives, which is fairly common. Keep in mind that just because she wants them to leave her alone doesn't mean they are a threat to her. She, like anyone else may not want to be bothered at the time. If you get too worried or upset, set up a camcorder or evp in the rooms she is talking to the spirits and see what you get. I feel that she is in no danger. As shane said, keep an eye on her and moniter her behavior, but don't take the normal 3 year old behavior as something else. Kids will be kids. Hope everything goes great.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-28)
First you are not crazy, children especially young children see things that most adults can not. They have not had their minds polluted with societies judgements. You say you have been to a couple of mediums, please tell me you didn't pay for their service. There are so many scam artist out there you will never know what you are going to get. As for her denying that she is seeing or talking to someone this could be the spirit(s) telling her to say so. Which if this is the case causes me a little worry. Because if this is the spirit(s) of family or loved ones they would almost want their presense to be known. Somewhere along the line someone is going to start telling you its demons telling your daughter things, but unless her behavior changes dramaticly I wouldn't worry about that. If you would like to have the energies removed from your daughter and the home there are a couple of things you can do. 1. Ask the spirit(s) to leave and go to the light, that their presense is no longer welcome in your home. Do not antagonize by trying to force it to leave. 2. Have your church do a blessing on the home and your daughter. 3. Perform a Native American cleansing ceremony on your daughter and home. Of course if you are living with your grandmother you may want to get her permission to have any of this done.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: