You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: The Nightmares That Refuse To Go Away

Real Ghost Stories

The Nightmares That Refuse To Go Away

 

A while ago I was with my friends and we were babysitting my friend's twin brothers. We will refer to this friend as A. A put his brothers to bed, at around 10. It was almost 12 midnight and his parents weren't home, and B's mom wasn't there. (B is my best friend, and she is A's cousin.) So we were just hanging out and so D (his neighbor) and his friends T and S came over.

Weird stuff went on. Like a hazy black mist that just felt...negative, there's really no other way to explain it. There was an orb thing and it was just a really weird night. I can't see things, but I can hear and sense. It was so scary, and I'm really not scared easily.

But ever since then, I've had these awful, terrible nightmares. Generally I wake up crying and in a cold sweat. This was last summer, June 13 2008 (me and B marked it on or my space profiles.)

I'm still having these nightmares, especially when I go to bed unhappy. (like when I fought with some one, or when I got broke up with). When I'm happy when I go to bed, they are less intense, but still there. My friend, who was there, made me a dream catcher, but that really didn't work. None of the others have been much effected; a few had nightmares for a week or so. Does that mean I'm weak, or crazy? I don't understand why me?

As my profile says, my mom raised me to believe in ghosts, and she's very involved with that. But she doesn't even get why these nightmares are still plaguing me.

Help me?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Indiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, kryptonitee, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

bldfalcon (12 stories) (262 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-13)
I think you crazy to be hosest! It's better to be crazy than weak, though! Hey, I'm just answering to one of your questions!
kryptonitee (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-10)
Thank you for all of your help, I haven't been online lately, I've had a ton of stuff to do for school and such.
The dreams keep becoming less frequent, but when I do have them, they're a lot worse.
They're bloody, and just completely horrible.
I have never done drugs, and I've never drank, so I know that's not part of the problem.
I jsut don't know, I have been trying what you guys have told me.
I'm just getting desparate.
Hooligan (11 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-20)
I believe all nightmares are caused by demons, go and fight it but sometimes this can be hard as it will make the dream more fearful and even painful. Beat it into the dust but never consciously acknowledge it as that gives it power, also, it can run away during a fight but that's only because you're enjoying the rest from not fighting and thereby giving it power to stay away so look for it again in your dreams and keep fighting.

You can also just try to ignore the inklings of fear at night but I can't stand that itch.
bldfalcon (12 stories) (262 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-05)
I say forget about the dreams. The real fear is the real world. I don't mind getting trapped inside a dream, I actaully love it, because you can't die. In the real world that's where the danger is. What imt rying to say is, live your life and forget about the nightmares and it will go away. It did for me!
mcnutts (13 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-04)
Try paying attention to your dreams. Like write them down and remember all of the details in your dreams, whether there is smells taste colors. Then see if anything you remember makes any sense at all.
Also... If there is a book store, buy a book on dreams, for example a book that translates your dreams (must have colors smells textures,etc.)... And try to translate your dreams.
Also ask A,B,D,T,S on how they got rid of their mares.
You need to understand that not all bad dreams are bad, but quite good.
Hope things work out and things get better for your situation and most important... STAY HUMBLE:)
bldfalcon (12 stories) (262 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-03)
To answer your question if your week or crazy. I'll say your week. Your probably now use to it. When you get used to nightmares, it will go away. That's what I did and it never bothered me since. Go with god, but not even him can make the nad dreams go away. He probably will tell you, stand up to your dreams. It's a natural things, that's why God can't interevene.
bldfalcon (12 stories) (262 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-03)
Most of my stories, do have reference of dreams. So I can understand, but for the most part you have to understand your dreams, meaning don't run away from it, but try to figure it out. Nightmares happen for lots of reasons.

1. Too much things to eat late at night
2. Drugs and alcohol, it can make you unstable.
3. A weak mind. (mentally unstable)
4. Yes, finally but not least a paranormal experience.
Go down the list and see which one reflects your experience. If you believe in God then why you have nightmares. It's a natural thing to have nightmares, but thinking that it may be paranormal maybe. Again, I used to have nightmares and images from the darkness play with your mind all the time, so it could be that as well. I believe you though, I'm not offending you!
raingrl01 (5 stories) (151 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-06)
You said that you can feel and sense the spirits? I can too. That is probably why you are the only one of your friends that are still having dreams. Try praying, if your religion allows that, and asking for protection against these dreams right before bed. It helps me. Good luck! ❤
kryptonitee (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-04)
Thank you, all of you.
I do take Karate, and I have for several years.
Thank you for the advice. All of you. C:
christieshot (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-04)
Hey I don't know if this is going to work because I'm posting this from my phone but I HAD something similar happen to me when I was younger. I hope that it will help but your dreams being different everytime may be a problem.

When I was 6, I started having a reoccuring nightmare. In my dream I was older and would be walking with my friends in a neighborhood. On the opposite side of the street stood a shadowy figure I presumed to be male. His presence scared me so much I would run as fast as I could. The result was always the same, he'd catch me and then carve a checkerboard pattern into my leg. Then I'd wake up.

I had this dream every year after that, sometimes twice. Later in real life, when I was 16 out of sheer boredom I started taking classes where I worked since employees could be taught for free on our off time. I worked at a martial arts dojo. The next time I had the dream it started off the same, I even started running. As I was running in my dream I remember thinking "you know martial arts". At that time I stopped, turned around in my dream and fought this shadow man. I hurt him very bad. My dream did not end there. I went to the hospital with him where he was admitted into ICU.

Since then I have never had this dream again. Now my husband will state that "dream controlling" cannot be done. I beg to differ for obvious reasons. It may not be easy but if you can somehow realize that you are about to have this dream try to change it.

Hope this helps.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-04)
In which case I feel I may have answered your question-:To see the death of a loved one, suggests that you are lacking certain aspects or qualities that the loved one embodies. Ask yourself what makes this person special or what do you like about him. It is that very quality that you are lacking in your own relationship or circumstances, it indicates that whatever that person represents has no part in your own life.
kryptonitee (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-03)
Loved ones. It changes. But its never me, I seem to be looking down on the scene.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-03)
Whose death? Yours, your mom, a freind, you need to be more specific. To dream of the death of a loved one, suggests that you are lacking certain aspects or qualities that the loved one embodies. Ask yourself what makes this person special or what do you like about him. It is that very quality that you are lacking in your own relationship or circumstances, it indicates that whatever that person represents has no part in your own life. However to dream of your own death, indicates a transitional phase in your life. You are becoming more enlightened or spiritual. Alternatively, you are trying desperately to escape the demands of your daily life.
kryptonitee (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-02)
Yes, and she really can't make sense of it. Neither of us understand why me?
I have a wonderful relationship with my mom, yes. Thank you.
angelfeathers (106 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-02)
Sounds like you have a great relationship with your mom. Have you talked to her about this?

A.
kryptonitee (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-02)
Recurring, but minute details change. Sometimes the towns change. Sometimes the people are different. Its all really scary though.
kryptonitee (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-02)
Angelfeathers - My mom basically told me, "Hey, there are spirits out there. & I want you to know that you can always talk to me about it. (after I had been talking about my friend Mechelle. I dunno. I was little.)

No Ouija boards, everything started out of the blue. A said he heard something and things got weird from that point on.

Surya - They really are terrible. Usually, they end in death, adn then I wake up.
libertybelle (14 stories) (207 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-02)
I agree with Surya. Are the nightares recurring, or are they different ones every time? Do they seem to relate in any way to recent occurrences?

Perhaps more details would be of help to us so that we can help you.

Peace, Love, and Joy

❤ ❤ ❤
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-02)
Can you tell me about your nightmares. What is happening? I did note that you say that when you are happy your sleep ok. When you are less than happy you have bad dreams. You know nightmares are usually a sign that we must deal with whatever problems we are going through.
angelfeathers (106 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-02)
Kriptonitee, could you please explain: "...my mom raised me to believe in ghosts, and she's very involved with that." What does this mean? Is she actively involved in ghost-hunting? Palmistry? Card-reading? Seances? Ouija boards? Etc.? Do you engage in any of these practices?

Also, the particular night that this began, what were you doing at the time that these manifestations occurred? Had you been using a Ouija board? Did they just begin out-of-the-blue? If we can figure out (1) IF something is attached to you; then (2) why it attached to you, it'll go a long way toward figuring out how to rid yourself of it. Also, has your mother had any sense of -- or any experience of -- some of the weirdness that you've felt?

A.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: