You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: My Haunted School

Real Ghost Stories

My Haunted School

 

This is Taurusgirl10 right here. And this is my very first story I've submitted here! "Congratulations " I told myself. Unfortunately, my first story is very, very scary. At least it was to me. I attended an elementary school a couple of years ago. I won't say the name, for privacy reasons.

The school is separated into parts. The basement and some of the first floor is for third graders. The new wing (built 15 years ago) is for the first and second graders. Forth and some of the fifth graders were on the first floor as well.

I was excited because the next day was my first day at school. The day before the first day of school, we have a night where the students could see where their classroom were, and they got to put their school supplies in their desk or where ever you were assigned to put them. My classroom was on the second floor. I was so excited that I got to go to the second floor. I had never seen it before.

When I walked through the hallway on the second floor for the first time, I felt something different. (I'm also a psychic) It felt like something was watching me. It wasn't something good, but I was too happy about forth grade, so I just ignored it. I put everything away where it should be, greeted the teacher and my new classmates, and left.

The next day, it was the first day of school! I wasn't the most popular girl in the world, but I didn't mind much. My teacher Mrs. Rodriguez (Not the real teacher's name. Privacy reasons) let us do an activity where we tell each other a little bit about ourselves. We were all standing up, when a huge gust of wind blew in our faces. It was freezing! We thought the windows were open. We went to check, none of them were open. We didn't really pay much attention to what had happened. We continued through the day as normal. My teacher announced that she was pregnant so she would have a substitute teach us in March and continue for April as well.

On our very first REAL day at school, we were having math class and the door and the overhead screen slammed shut at the same time. And it wasn't softly either. It was a real SLAM. We all just joked around saying " Oooooo, the haunted door." It all seemed like just logical coincidences... But at the end of the day that day, I was sitting by the door. It was open, so I looked out a little. I sort of screamed, but no one heard me. I screamed because I saw a strange looking black shadow. It wasn't necessarily a shadow. It looked a little foggy and transparent.

Weeks later, I started hearing voices of children in the girl's bathroom. But no one was in there. And it got so bad, that once, the lights all popped. The school custodian put new bulbs in while we were all in PE class.

The next experience that came from that elementary school is a little too big to mention on this experience. But I'll tell you that it was the scariest! If you want to find that story, look at my story entitled " The Haunted School part 2 ". I'll admit that this wasn't a very interesting story, but these were just minor things that happened. My other stories are much more interesting. I hope you read my other stories, until then,

God Bless

~ Brianna

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Illinois

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, taurusgirl10, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

MelissaXXjennifer (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-14)
I believe this...
In my area... There are a few haunted highschools that have been abandoned for 30-50 years.

Its veryy possible.
Hopkirk90 (2 stories) (24 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-16)
Some people are forgotten when they pass 😢. The school ghosts are probably trying to be remembered. The ghost at my school was an early 60s teacher. The school was built in 1958 and I saw his outline at one event (in school teacher clothing too, hence how I knew he was a teacher). Well, at least the caretakers noticed him!😁
taurusgirl10 (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-15)
Hopkirk90, that's very creepy.
Orbs appeared in a lot of pictures in my school too. I guess the spirits wanted our attention. 😁
Hopkirk90 (2 stories) (24 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-15)
The ghost in my school's drama room (in the basement) used to move chairs and tables when no-one was there. It also once drew on the chalkboard when there was a class in (not with chalk, it was as if someone had licked their finger and drawn it with their fingertip).
Apparently, some of the caretakers also saw it. Mainly when the corridors were dark after some events which could finish as late as 10pm. I once saw something walking across the corridor and I saw an outline of something on the stage in the hall when it was mainly in darkness (after an event). I took a picture and there was what appeared to be orbs, on it.
taurusgirl10 (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-24)
Actually, chairs flew at students. I don't really know what they wanted. But, it was scary.
Chaos (1 stories) (21 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-15)
heh wow well I guess that ghost had something to say about the renovations. More then likely that was the cause of it all. To disturb a ghosts haunting ground usually gets them mad. Though I guess since nothing else happened it is nothing to serious
zoajet (2 stories) (276 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-15)
ah love huanted stories, I am what some people may call it, a mogest. I Always have good and bad ghostes around me. Your story sounds a lot like many of the schools I visted (some I had went to and some just looked around in). Now the wind: It proboly was a few ghostes passing by the kids. The strange figure is a little harder to believe for a good amount of people. A normal person uses only 10% of their brain during their life time. This also deal with your conection to your aura (or for some spirteral powers) Some people have the strong enough to hear them, see them, Feel them, even be harmed by them. Now the light bulbs, most of the time things like that happens, its not anything with the supernatural. The lights are conected by wires, a good enough power uses can send an electrical voltage which proboly cause the lights to blow. To try it, at your home, have a tv and a fan plug in the same out lit and have tv on. Then just keep turning the fand on and off and diffrent power levels. Well if you have and thing to ask me or need help with, e-mail me at dragongod101 [at] hotmail.com. Will be happy to help:)
Hopkirk90 (2 stories) (24 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-13)
Taurusgirl10, I am a psychic and I believe your story since I also attended a haunted school.
Although some people seem to believe that psychics are biased toward their own beliefs, this is not exactly true. As a psychic myself, I often find that I am very rational about what I see.
The children's voices, did you hear them clairaudiently or was it like it would be apparent to human hearing range (physical noise). Just interested see, I have heard noises physically (laughing in my kitchen when no one was there, cat's collar noise) and clairaudiently (many noises).
I know what it's like to not be believed and it's very brave to post these real events online. I think posters are just trying to analyse the situation in depth 😳.
taurusgirl10 (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-13)
If you don't believe me, then don't tell me that. No one ever believed me. I submited this story here because I wanted people to believe me. It was very scary. And you weren't there, so you'll never know if it was true. Non-belivers, keep your thoughts to yourself, please.

😭
JessOx (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-12)
Thiss is rather interesting, although your phsycic your eyes can be descieving.[not saying you lieing though. (Y) ] but teachers and children could have been around still past school hours, so the voices might not have been paranormal, and as for the ghostly transparent thing it seems that could have been something paranormal.

Very interesting story and I hope to be readind you 'Haunted school story part2' x
troyarn (5 stories) (479 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-04-11)
I have to agree with hobbyholly and say ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...
taurusgirl10 (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-09)
Sorry everyone, but my second story that I mentioned in this one was rejected and it can't be published. I'll try to submit a different one. What happened in the second story was that one of my friends seemed like he was possessed or something. I don't know if it was even real or not, but he really seemed different and scary. I think that's why it was rejected. It could've been anything. But I think it had something to do with the school. He seemed evil. It was terrifying.

Signed,
Brianna
scaredtobealone (3 stories) (17 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-09)
...interesting, I can say I'm waiting for part 2 also. This story sounds like it's going to get even more interesting
taurusgirl10 (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-08)
Hobbyholly, I'm in 8th grade. The school is in Waukegan, Illinois. I didn't tell you the name of the school or the teacher's name becasue I don't know if any of them go onto this web-site.

The school was 83 years old at the time. We had no air conditioners. My teacher did notice the gust as well. But we all ignored it because we thought it was nothing. In Waukegan, it can be cold out. But sometimes, the tempretures can reach the 80's. We were all having math class, so everyone was in the room. I sat by the door and I looked out and saw the figure. And I did see the figure in the hallway. I didn't scream in my head. I kind of made a high-pitched sound. But it was so quiet, no one really noticed or heard me. I don't really know what caused the bulbs to pop. But I added it on this story, just in case. But it was strange how they all popped at the same exact time. I'm not saying the ghosts caused it, but it was definetly weird. And no one is around in school hallways sometimes because in elementary, you walk around in the hallways with the rest of your class. And if you go somewhere alone, everyone is in class already. The voices don't even sound like children a lot. It sounds like part of the voice is cracking kind of. It sound like sound affects or something. If you don't believe the story, that's your choice. I won't argue. No one ever really believed me when I told my cousins in Texas. 😨
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-08)
ummm
Please don't take offense to my questions. I mean no disrespect... Just some clarification.

Are you over 13? Or in elementary school still? Or jr.high?

Since you won't give the name of the school, what part of Illinois?

"We were all standing up, when a huge gust of wind blew in our faces. It was freezing! We thought the windows were open. We went to check, none of them were open"
- I'm assuming the first day of school was in a warmer month... Or still somewhat warm out. Could it have been the a/c kicking on? Did your teacher notice this gust?

"But at the end of the day that day, I was sitting by the door. It was open, so I looked out a little. I sort of screamed, but no one heard me. I screamed because I saw a strange looking black shadow."- Were you alone in the room? Did you see this shadow in the hallway? Was it moving? Was it a figure? Did you scream in your head?
"I started hearing voices of children in the girl's bathroom. But no one was in there. And it got so bad, that once, the lights all popped."-Do you believe the voices are what caused the lights to pop? Sometimes, in older buildings... Even new, light bulbs can pop. It can be a bad bulb... Or cheap.

Hearing voices in a school...I've said it before to other "haunted school" stories...I'll say it again. Its a school. If its packed to the brim with kids or the end of the day when "nobody is around" you're bound to have a few students/staff/janitors/administrators around.
RonYP (5 stories) (28 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-07)
i guess it was sort of trying to get some attention like the ones you see in movies part of the hauntings their are valid and happens in real life but others are really just fiction

Excited for part 2... 😆
taurusgirl10 (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-07)
I just finished posting the second story!
Wait until it's published! I'm so excited!
😊
taurusgirl10 (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-07)
Thanks. I'm writing part 2 right now. I can't wait until it's posted! I want advice really badly.

God Bless,

~ Brianna 😁
snowflake (5 stories) (61 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-07)
Wow! So far, it sounds scary.I'm sorry I can't offer any advice... Thank you for sharing your story, and I look forward to reading part 2... 😁

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: