You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: A Haunted House Or A Haunted Life

Real Ghost Stories

A Haunted House Or A Haunted Life

 

When I was a child, our family moved into a semi-detached house in a village called Rossington. I was born a few weeks earlier when we moved. The trouble didn't start until I was seven when a dark shadow appeared at the corner of the front bedroom. I screamed and ran downstairs... The shadow followed me to the top of the stairs and then it went into the bathroom when my mother and step father had arrived. They searched everywhere... Nothing; my brother said it was him, but he was downstairs.

A few weeks went by, me and my brother were playing around in the house and as we ran around the house the doors slammed shut behind us, until we were trapped on the top landing. We were just standing there looking in the direction of the doors and before I could turn around, my brother had fallen downstairs; afterwards, he kept saying "it pushed me, it pushed me" I didn't have a clue what he was on about. My mother stormed in and shouted at me, thinking that I'd caused him to fall. I tried to convince her, but she was tough to convince.

The following times I couldn't comprehend what was happening. In the middle of the night I would see a figure hovering outside my bedroom window; a woman with scars on her face (no clue has to if it were a reflection) She wouldn't do anything apart from watching me go to sleep. On some occasions I would be fine in the mornings, but on others I would wake up and see the insides of my eye sockets, it caused me to panic, I washed my face frantically and then ran outside thinking I may be dreaming; it turns out I wasn't, everybody stared at me for a few minutes of me in my underwear. My mother, at that point started getting suspicious about the house and how it seemed to be after me, than any other person in the house.

After leaving the house we discovered it was owned to a man and wife who died without having children and that the image in the window remains separate. Now I'm 22 still getting haunted as if I was expecting something to happen. Now it's the little things like constantly having bad dreams and seeing my grandma die before she actually did. I had a dream of my granddad who was clutching a portrait saying... "You're not alone" these are the same words my grandma used at the time of her death. I believe someone or something is reaching me through my subconscious because I'm picking up information I never knew I had, about my family.

A year ago my mother confessed something to me, about her seeing a shadow hovering over my cot, stroking my face and leaping into next doors house. A week later a relative died.

At present: the only paranormal I'm receiving are strange voices saying "DAD" close to my ear. I now realize, it's not the house that's haunted... It's me.

Other hauntings by hauntedexpress

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, hauntedexpress, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

RonYP (5 stories) (28 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-05)
i don't know what to say, after reading your story my heart melted it was scary but what catched my attention the most was you. I felt sadness and something else I can't explain. Your story grabbed me by the heart I hope your doing fine.
hauntedexpress (2 stories) (8 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-05)
There was a lot of anger in that house, my step father at the time was very violent. It seemed to be filled with hatred. The experience has bothered me a lot, but it's good to wright about it.
zoajet (2 stories) (276 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-27)
blank, I said they lucky because most people don't develope the abilty to use theirs. Every one has it but due to certien tecknolgy, people stop needing to use it, I agree that without phones more people would be able to use it but now they don't. This is why I said that their lucky to have it and be usable. I put myself at danger every day. I lernt this not even you may know of.
blank (8 stories) (110 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-25)
Zoaget sorry to say that your assumptions of me are wrong. I do know about a lot of stuff and am doing a research on human's sixth sense. It's only that we use part of our brain in inventions which temporarily shuts the doors for telepathy, telekinesis etc. Imagine if the telephone wasn't invented we would be using our telepathy. It's just like a muscle that hasn't got much work. Please saying some people are lucky, everyone has it. It is that we don't make the best use of it and all the hints it gives we take it as coincidences. I don't mean any offense to you, but I've done solid ground work and so I stand by the views I give. Take Care.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-19)
I'm never sure if it's a gift or a curse when I read some of these stories. It does seem like either people or places are haunted. Being sensitive has its drawbacks if one doesn't want to be experiencing such things. I'm sure there are ways of blocking it. Apparently when a spirit knows someone is aware of them and their existence they don't want to let go of that person. If it were me (and I'm glad it's not) I would still try and convince whatever is following me to go to the Light. It's stuck between worlds and that has to cause much confusion and therefore you get the antics and pestering because these poor souls don't realize what has happened to them. Could it be they are just looking for someone to explain their plight and end their confusion? I would give it a try and you may have the satisfaction of knowing your "gift" helped someone proceed to where they belong.
miri_chan (6 stories) (69 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-17)
Have an exorcism done if you can. The voices saying DAD might be warning you of the death of your father. Try spending more time with him just in case ^^
zoajet (2 stories) (276 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-17)
Funny blank, I don't recall myself saying she was possessed, I just said their haunted. And exocism on yourself is a protection methrod. Become better at this blank, I know what I am talking about. And every one have the ablity to she or sense ghost, it just depends on if they lucky to awanken it. I bet you never even heard of the 3rd eye,
blank (8 stories) (110 posts)
-1
15 years ago (2009-04-17)
Zoajet guess your'e wrong, she isn't possessed, she is blessed with esp.
zoajet (2 stories) (276 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-17)
Your haunted so have a exocism done on yourself. So becare full at times also.
blank (8 stories) (110 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-17)
Seems you are blessed with extra sensory powers, I know you are going through several hardships but please do convert this into positive energy, give an attempt for telepathy, telekinesis etc. You will really be able to do it. Give these things a rest, speak to a religious person for now and that will do the trick. Take Care.
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-17)
Sound like you are pyhics about that experience that you or family know what will happen or see what wiil happen.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: