You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Don't Let Elka Get You

Real Ghost Stories

Don't Let Elka Get You

 

This story is very recent and I am curious as to why it happened.

I was trying to get to sleep one night but wasn't very tired. I was lying in my room which has another spare room next to it. The door of the spare room was open and I was staring at my large bear collection trying to sleep. All of a sudden my bears started talking to me which was very odd. I thought I was going crazy. It took me a moment to really listen to what they were saying. They were urgently telling me "Don't let Elka get you". I got very scared and wondered how I was imagining it. I didn't know anyone called Elka and I still don't.

I was about to yell for my mum when the voices stopped and a tall dark shadow came out of the spare bedroom and into my room. I completely froze. I have a big fear of ghosts and have seen them on multiple occasions, but this one wasn't nice like them, I could tell. It suddenly got very cold and I wanted to pull my duvet up but I was too scared to move. The shadow that was standing in my doorway suddenly started moving towards me. It came and sat on the end of my bed and I felt the bed move like someone really was sitting on it. It sat there for about a minute and then left. Every night from then on the spare room door has been closed at night.

Does anybody know why this would have happened? It was very different to the ghosts I usually see.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, needsanswers, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

needsanswers (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-03)
No they're the kind of bears you'r get from a greeting card store. They're Skansen Beanie Bears.:)
LochKalten (1 stories) (17 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-02)
Elka Australia is one of Australia's leading plush and soft toy importers and wholesalers. Are the bears of that brand name?
Cheers

Loch
needsanswers (1 stories) (8 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-06-25)
I've recently moved out of the house where this happened and I was telling my friends how much it used to scare me (each at separate times). I was asking them if when they were around there were any particular rooms that scared them. Each of them would say the spare room (they might have made it up though, I'm not sure how honest they were being). Anyway, I was telling my mum about how I would stay awake for hours and hours after everbody had gone to bed because I would be scared of...something. I couldn't quite put my finger on it (still, to this day I don't know if Elka was real or not).
After telling my mum about all of the things that I'd seen and heard and felt in that house (Elka, whispering, a dream where elka tried to kill me and I woke up couldn't breathe for a few seconds) she told me that a man had been murdered next door a few years before we moved in. She didn't want to tell me that while we lived there in case I got scared (which happened anyway). In my new house which is only 4 years old I feel completely free of presences and I sleep really well now.
needsanswers (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-20)
No, I don't know anybody called elizabeth. Also, I'm not sure if that's how you spell it but that's how it sounded (ELKAH).
Tonith (1136 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-04-19)
Ok I just looked up the name Elka and its Polish for Elizabeth meaning consecrated to God.Doesn't sound much like a fallen angel. Also looked up the names of fallen angels in different cultures and the name Elka isn't among them. Do you know someone named Elizabeth?
Tonith (1136 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-04-19)
Being 13 your body is going through some heavy duty changes right now. It can make for some vivid dreaming. Hormones can and will do that. Fear can make you cold too. Now all this aside if you have had other encounters with spirits you may be sensitive by nature and this is the outcome of something that is present in your home. Black shadows have been said to be ghosts that can't fully manifest. It doesn't mean they are necessarily evil. I will look up the name Elka but the only name that is similiar to it is Elke and that's a swedish female name. I will have to research it. I don't know what people in here think about talking stuffed animals but it makes me think of a nightmare more than a ghostly encounter of the bad kind.
babyboy (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-18)
well if anything like this ever happens again I say just keep the spare room door shut... It may have some evil spirit in there... And try to find a way to banish the ghost away... I wish I had a bear that would talk to me lol
needsanswers (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-17)
I took your advice, zoajet, about walking through the house and seeing if there are any uneasy feelings I get when I walk into the small room connected to the spare room. It's sort of like a small attic only it's not in the roof. The only entrance to it is through the spare room.
crystal8495 (guest)
-1
15 years ago (2009-04-17)
Something like this happened to one of my best friends once. She said that one of her stuffed animals told her also, the shadow went away when she started fasting and praying everyday for a week. TRY IT! ❤ ❤ her hours of fasting were from 6am to 330pm everyday. ❤
zoajet (2 stories) (276 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-17)
well most people consider exocism a part of religious peopl belife, but its just a protection spell. I not religious at all and I learn things most people don't even know about these days. A few people even heard about an sealing cerimony a even less know about the way of doing one. I bet you also never heard of it,
needsanswers (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-16)
Thankyou. It makes this all a little bit hard for my as I am only 13. I am religious but my parents aren't so I'm not sure how an exorcism would go in their books. Thankyou for the advice.
zoajet (2 stories) (276 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-16)
wow, we wouldn't really be good friend if we knew each other. I am always around ghostes, but the evil ones don't harm me cause they fear me, any ways, back to your encounter. The bears talking to you was proboly your protector spirte. They would warn you only of harmful happenings. They projected a image of the "Elka ghost" to warn you what to look out for. Now a little background information about this "Elka ghost" I indeed heard the name Elka before, asting did they tell you to spell it this way? Any ways. It was a fallen angle that was banish to hell, except, unlike most fallen angles, the "devil" did not allow "Elka" in, and was banish to spirte world. Now here where it gets kind of hard to understand so I'll say only the easy parts. Spirte world (some call it sleep paralysis) Its when you sleeping while being awake. Try to have a exocism done and put up a type of rectangler paper called seals. See if that works. Also, do me a favoer, walk in ever part of your house, see if there is any uneasy feeling spots or colder temp. Parts. If there is please inform me at my e-mail or if you have anything to ask me. Dragongod101 [at] hotmail.com
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-16)
err...
No offense, but I'm on the fence about this.

You could have been dreaming... Or starting to drift asleep. I've been in a situation where I wasn't really asleep but... Getting there and thought my fiance was talking to me.

Or it could have been something. Maybe some background on other encounters you may have had would help.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: