You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: A Haunted School

Real Ghost Stories

A Haunted School

 

Everytime I think of this experience that I went through thirty-five years ago, the hairs on my hands start to stand! I wish it never happened because the thought of that eerie experience haunts me to this day. I have always been a person who does not want to believe in ghosts. I believe that if one does not believe in such things; these apparitions will not appear. I always tell my friends that if you believe in ghosts, spirits, jins and such like, they will show themselves to you BUT if you do not give them any thought, you will not be disturbed by such things.

It was a cool night in April, 1974, and I had to accompany my companion to the Tranquerah English Primary School where he was a teacher, as well as a hockey coach. The school hockey team had to stay overnight in one of the many classrooms because they had to leave for Seremban in the early hours of the morning for a hockey tournament. We went over to give the children their supper of "yew char kueh" or what we fondly refer to as "deep fried chromosomes". This is a popular but simple favourite made of flour, shaped into twin-sticks and deep-fried to make them puff up. So please do not think that we gave the children anything out of the ordinary! Malaysians love this simple delicacy dunked in hot, black coffee!

Before this Chinese delicacies were given out, my companion, Eddy by name, started to give a pep talk to his boys. Eddy stood in front of me facing his hockey team. He was engrossed with his talk and did not notice anything amiss. While he spoke, I felt someone tap me in the small of my back. I turned to see who it was but there was nobody; not a soul! Funny, I definitely felt a hand tapping me! I shrugged it off and continued to listen to Eddy's pep talk. Again I felt someone tapping me gently in the small of my back. Again I turned around and there was no-one in sight! I was beginning to feel uncomfortable and I could feel fear started to grip me but I refused to be overcome by this feeling.

The third time it happened, I felt that it was time for us to leave. I have never felt this feeling before and the hairs on my hand were standing as if they were on viagra! As soon as Eddy finished with his boys, I said that it was time for us to go and I began to hurry him out of the place. Eddy, not knowing what I had experienced, could not understand why I was in a hurry to leave. He kept asking me for a reason and I just simply said, "Don't ask. I will explain later". I could not leave the place fast enough!

As we drove out of the school grounds, Eddy again asked why I was in a hurry to leave. Only then, I started explaining to him and told him what had happened while he was giving his pep talk. He then said, "Oh, it must be because during the Japanese Occupation, many people were tortured and killed there". Oh, wow, thanks for telling this to me now, I thought! And in such a matter-of-fact manner! I was lucky that I was young then. Just imagine if I was much older and had incontinence, I would have surely left a trail from the classroom to the car-park!

Well, that was my first experience with unseen beings and I hope I will not experience anymore in my lifetime. Although I did not see anything, being 'touched or tapped' by such beings gave me an eerie feeling that I will never ever forget.

Other hauntings by sandieshun

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, sandieshun, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-17)
The OP does explain what it is, "deep fried chromosomes" was just a nick name given the food.
"We went over to give the children their supper of "yew char kueh" or what we fondly refer to as "deep fried chromosomes". This is a popular but simple favourite made of flour, shaped into twin-sticks and deep-fried to make them puff up. So please do not think that we gave the children anything out of the ordinary!"
dinosaursabre (2 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-17)
I don't think Yew Char Kueh is deep fried chromosomes. It is deep fried rice flour.
puppy5282 (2 stories) (23 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-01)
This story sparks my interest as I too have felt strange taps as if someone is trying to get my attention. Amazing story though. 😉
Diyanuh (2 stories) (39 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-07)
Well first of all; Great story. Thanks for sharing.

Also, I have been touched like this too well like a brush on my back although when I turn to see what it is there is nothing there... Also I think you should just ignore it and it might go away or it could get more angry and physically hurt you... I think that it might not do anything but if you get holy water around your house or so, it will go away.

Thanks for sharing.

❤ Diana
TheUnknown (1 stories) (192 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-26)
The spirits of the tortured Malaysians stays where ever they were tortured or killed or raped by the Japanese during WW2.

Sandie Shun, when I saw the title of this story, I thought that you met a ghost walking silently in your school corridor with blood covering the whole body, but at least this story is good enough. Just remember to show respect to the deceased in that school, it might have been a tortured house before during the Japanese Occupation.
luvparanormal (12 stories) (268 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-21)
I find it very interesting all of the opinions on this site. Some very interesting and with a meaning and then we have others that are just a simple opinion. I have learned that what might not be scarry for some might be terrifiying to others. So remember we are all entitled to our own opinions and stories and each one of us has our own way of looking at things.

Sandieshun, I can imagine how terrifying it might have been for you when this was the first time you ever experienced something like this. Thanks for sharing and look forward to your other story.
sandieshun (2 stories) (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-19)
This is especially for 'blank' - thanks for your empathy. After reading your stories about your friend's grandpa, my father's visitations came back to me. I would like to tell you about it. I will have to wait for 'space', apparently there are too many stories being submitted! 😊
sandieshun (2 stories) (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-19)
I appreciate all the comments given, many thanks. I agree with Tonith that some unseen being out there was trying to get some attention. I wish now that I could have helped in some way but since I was still young then, I got just plain scared out of my wits! 😊
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-18)
Anytime a place has had traumatic events it's bound to leave some sort of energy behind. Residual energy usually doesn't poke anyone in the back though. Sounds like whatever was there needed some attention. It makes me sad to think there are spirits unable to move forward for whatever reason and the best thing we can do is point them in the right direction> to the Light. Easier said than done when one gets scared and I know I would have been. I always hope if something like this ever happens to me, that God gives me the courage to help the spirit go forward and not be stuck between worlds. We have so much to learn about the other side and why some move on and others resist.
ico (1 stories) (34 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-17)
I remember a specific classroom in my old high school had some strange occurances. The school had been around since the 70's and I know of atleast 2 kids dying in that school (one from a heart attack during a basketball game, the other I'm not sure). I heard of a lot of strange things happening in that room, I witnessed some minor things like objects moving and a couple times I'd see a person in a ROTC uniform out of the corner of my eye, I'd look and see no-one there. It was pretty strange.
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-17)
Hi, really cool story. The school I went to a teacher had a heart attck there. He didn't die there but it still at lease gave me the scares. Because in my last year there me mom had to go to work earlier. So I stayed with the lunchlady. I was in the caft by meseft for a lease an hour before the teachers started to come in, and the luchlady was in her office. And the place where the guys had the heart attck was only seperated by a small wall. But at the in of the wall was a small opening. And remember having my back to that small opening and have a feeling of being watched. Trust me it was scary.
GIRLIE 😨
blank (8 stories) (110 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-17)
Sure Madam that was quite a scary incident, nice to hear that you haven't experienced anything else so far. Thanks for sharing it with us.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: