You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Shadow Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

Shadow Ghost

 

This is the third encounter I've had and it scared me a bit more than the other encounters I've had.

This took place in my apartment in a town called Glace Bay. First of all, let me describe this apartment. It is only about ten years old and is slightly small. The previous owner was the father of a classmate who I (and everyone else) didn't like that much because of the rumours and lies she spread. Her father had died in a drowning accident. I don't know the details, but that apartment was his before we moved in. I don't know if he could be the shadow ghost, but it might help with something.

The way the living room is is there's a corner, and a window on the right side of the corner right by the edge of the corner. In front of this corner is a small couch. My bedroom door faces in that direction so if I look out that's the first thing you will see.

My friend Kelsie from Halifax was visiting me and staying at my apartment. She slept on the couch in the living room. She was only there for a week. The third or second night of her visit, I sat up suddenly in bed for no reason. I had been sleeping soundly just minutes before and I am a heavy sleeper. I looked into the living room and behind the couch was the dark shadow of a man. Just a shadow, with moonlight shining behind it. The moonlight cut off part of the shadow but the rest of the shadow (even in front of the window) was still in place.

I bolted out of my bed and stood in my doorway. The shadow didn't face me, but faced my friend, so I gathered up the courage to tip toe out and turn the lights on. The shadow was no longer there. I asked my friend if she saw that. She said yes, but she didn't want to jump up in case nobody else had seen it. There was nothing in the room that could have caused that shadow, and when I turned out the light again it still didn't return.

The shadow was there for the next two nights and then never returned once she left, at least that's what I think.

One day in the summer, I was home alone. The door for my apartment was closed and locked, and it was a hot windless day. I was in the kitchen, picking through the cupboards, when the door suddenly opened. I closed it again and locked it. I went back to the kitchen. The door opened. I peered around the corner and said, "Hello?" The door opened more. I said, "Is anyone there?" and the door opened a bit more. Now I was a bit freaked out and I peered out of the door but nobody was there so I closed it and locked it again. Nothing else happened.

Anyone care to explain what these two events could mean?

Other hauntings by miri_chan

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, miri_chan, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

johnpie2 (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-02)
THe exact same thing happened to me but seven times, it just stands watching me. What doest this mean?
I know it isn't hostile as it is only when I am half asleep and I don't feel any fear or emotions when I see it.
mongoosenation (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-10)
It's cool to read everyones take on this story, I noticed a lot of stories on this site about shadow ghosts. I've only had a small handful of experiences that I feel I witnessed paranormal events. My most profound was with a shadow type entity, it was a very brief encounter but it was certainly something very strange, a quick flash of a person shaped shadow at the top of the staircase in an old house I once lived in. I had no doubt what I saw, and never saw it again after that.
miri_chan (6 stories) (69 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-08)
To embrysgirl:
The girl is always making lies about me and my friends, but the friend staying at my house had never met her:p

To luel:
The spot he was looking at was directly at my friend sleeping on the couch ^^ I'm not sure why only her... It didn't seem to talk any notice to me at all ^^' Although now I'm starting to see it again as a darting shadow. O-o

To theknowingman:
I hope it wasn't a demon! I'd probably dart out of there fast as anything if it was xD
I'll try putting a few crosses around too, thanks for the advice and I'm glad you liked the story ^^

To luvparanormal:
I know that my friends father lived there and died in a drowning incident. The other tenants I've never heard of, because we got the place after he died.

To auburnla:
Something did happen to my health shortly after that. It was like an eating disorder, but I had no concern about my weight or anything. I just couldn't eat. Eating made me feel sick and I'd throw up (NOT intentionally).

To bobbyhobbs:
I think it was him too. As to why he was so interested in my friend though, I have no idea o-o The door incident also scares me o-o

To preacher1:
I'm also glad that it isn't harmful ^^
I'm not sure how to get rid of it though ^^
preacher1 (37 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-24)
It doesn't seem to be aggressive which is good. I would do some brief research about the place maybe even try to see what it wants if ever confronted again, but I wouldn't tolerate its presence for to long from what I read it could bring unwanted attention from other forces. Good luck and God bless
boobyhobbs (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-22)
Maybe the shadow figure that you are seeing is that girls dad... She shadow may be attracted to the women that was on your couch. Now however for the experience with the door... I don't know what that could have been...

Much Love,
Bobbyhobbs ❤
Auburnla (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-21)
I just posted a story about an episode in my life involving shadow men as well. They are perplexing entities. Seriously, there are a lot of theories about them--time traveller, negative energy, demon. Was anything unusual going on in your life/career? --Particularly your health? Did it change in any way?

What is it about corners and shadow people?
luvparanormal (12 stories) (268 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-21)
Did you ever check on the history of this apartment? With every place that has paranormal activity it's always good to inform yourself of the history of the property and the building it self. This might answer a lot of questions as to why things are happening.
It did for me.
theknowingman (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-20)
awsome story very good I loved it I'm not joking its inpresive 😐 😐 😐 very good story email me
theknowingman (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-20)
add god into your life add a cross in your house the deamons like to trick people a lot 😠 😐 😐
theknowingman (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-20)
the shadwy figure deamon probly messing around. 😐 😐 😐 ps look for and oulji in your house.
Luel (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-20)
In my experience shadow men are spirits that have a secret to convey. They almost always have visual cues (though often subtle and almost never audio) as to what they want to be revealed. Next time you see him watch what he is doing. Is he looking at one spot longer than any other, is he pointing, is he moving then stopping at the same place? I have even heard of one "blinking its eyes" when passing one particular wall panel. Though I must warn you that most shadow men aren't hostile but if they get frustrated or were just mean in their last life they can do some harm. Like most spirits I have seen they "feed" off of emotional energy. Meaning they get stronger off of moments when people are really happy, sad, angry... Ect. So my best advice is that when you see any spirit is to suppress your emotions so that you are only mildly surprised, never fearful, and to pay attention to what it is doing. If you do those things you can find a way to deal with it and just maybe put it to rest. Hope this helps ^^
embrysgirl (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-19)
Wow. Were either of you victims of her gossiping? If so, maybe he's trying to smooth out the tension. Or maybe he's convinced that one of you two is his daughter and he's trying to communicate with her.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: