You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Ghost At My Dad's House

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost At My Dad's House

 

I seem to be having a lot happen to me lately. This story took place last month, in the summer.

I recently went away to visit my family in Nova Scotia, so I stayed at my dad's house. My dad and I don't talk often, and he was in and out of my life when I was a child. Put simply, I don't like to be around him because it's awkward and I don't like him very much. Well, the 'new' house they bought is over 60 years old. The town I lived in used to be a mining town before the mines shut down. A lot of the houses there are houses that the miners and their families lived in, and are still standing today and are shockingly big and have nice interiors. There's new flooring in most of the rooms, but not the bedroom I used. Under my bed there are old bits of newspaper from the 40's and 50's stuck to the floor. I haven't been able to piece them together, as it seems' like they're glued, but I have looked at a few pieces and noticed the word psychic more than once.

When I was downstairs on the laptop one night, there was a big bag of garbage across the room. I was chatting on MSN, when suddenly a piece of balled up paper rolls out from the abyss of rotten food as if someone is pushing it along. It rolled out of the garbage bag and onto the floor and across it a bit. I was freaked out about this, so I grabbed my paper and pencils slowly as if in the room with a wild tiger, and then bolted upstairs. As I was running up the stairs, I heard footsteps coming up behind me. The stairs are very old and VERY loud, so you can tell when someone is going up or down it. So I bolted into my room and shut the door behind me. The footsteps continued until they got to the top and then silence. I was scared witless, and every night when I'd go downstairs, the footsteps would follow me up and every night I'd make a mad dash to my bedroom.

When I was in the bathroom in the daytime, I went to open the door. The door locks only from the inside, and I had just unlocked it to leave. But yet, the door was stuck as if locked. That happened to me twice.

The presence in my father's house definitely wasn't a nice one. It seemed evil.

Other hauntings by miri_chan

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, miri_chan, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

book_luver123 (227 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-03)
Mm. I think it is either the ghost that got trapped there by a psychic by mistake.
miri_chan (6 stories) (69 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-02)
Colulteca;
Lol I'm not thank goodness 😨
I live all the way across the country:D I was just there for a visit:p

Monoxide:
I'm 14, and no, my dad hates kids so he doesn't have any.: p
He apparently has noticed something, but I'm not too sure.
monoxide (2 stories) (17 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-02)
thats interesting
Can I please ask how old are you?
And does your dad have any other kids?
Has he noticed any goings on of that nature?
Sometimes entities in house are drawn to young people
Cholulteca (148 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-02)
Humm...scary! 😭 hope you are not living there anymore... Not good, definitelly 😉
Claudia

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: