You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Mirrors Playing Tricks And A Face Above Me

Real Ghost Stories

Mirrors Playing Tricks And A Face Above Me

 

Miri here again, this one might be a bit short.

Lately, my mirrors seem to be playing tricks on me again. If you read one of my other stories, you'll see that the images in my mirrors would shake while the mirrors themselves were perfectly still.

I recently put two more mirrors in my bedroom, because as much as mirrors scare me, I love them.

Both mirrors are on different walls. The blue mirror is next to my bedroom door, so that when you come in the bedroom, if you go straight to the computer desk (which I always do XD) you'll see yourself walk by in the blue mirror. The pink mirror is on the other wall next to my closet door. It's on the far right from the computer and about a foot above. Sometimes when I walk into my bedroom (not all the time) my image walking by will appear on the pink mirror and not in the blue where it should be. I turn back and look again, but the images are back where they're supposed to be. This has happened several times. Other times I'll sit on my bed and look at the pink mirror and for a split second I'll see the image of my own face. This has also happened more than once. My mirrors are becoming odder and odder!

Last night I went to sleep quite late, or rather early in the morning (6am XD). Being the night owl I am, I wasn't tired at all and had trouble sleeping (but now I'm dead XDDD). I was reading a book when suddenly I felt a very menacing presence, the presence of the ghost that usually lingers around here now. I'm not sure why he was angry but I think this had something to do with it: Desperate to know more about him and find out his name, my friend Cassy and I decided to resort to a Ouija board and conduct a séance. When I talked to her about it, I also felt a presence like that. For some reason, he doesn't seem to like Ouija boards. We decided not to go through with it because of how menacing the presence felt to me, so I figured there must be a reason why he hates them so much. Now every time I talk about Ouija boards or even type it I feel that presence (even now). It only calms down when I say that we decided not to use it, as though that is some comfort to him.

Well, last night I had been thinking about the Ouija board, just thinking, mind you. When out of nowhere that presence pops up. It was more menacing than before, so I looked around. I saw a red dot darting around the room for a few seconds, images in the TV (which was off, mind you) and shadows darted around. I got scared so I ducked under my covers. I usually don't face the closet when I sleep, so I turned to my right and out of the corner of my eye I saw something above me. I looked up for a closer look, and it was the face of a man. He had brown hair, kind of combed over but it was thick. He was either in his late thirties or forties, because he had a few wrinkles. He was looking down at me, glaring. I was petrified by then. I ducked under the covers and closed my eyes tight, facing the closet this time. The presence didn't disappear until I promised that I wouldn't use the Ouija. Once the presence was gone I jumped up and stayed out of my room for a while. I had only seen the face for about a second, and it wasn't like a head without a body, just like he had his whole body but that was the only image he could project of himself, as if he couldn't get any more power or something.

If anyone could tell me why he might hate Ouija boards, or why my mirrors are playing tricks again, I'd appreciate it.

Also, if you want any pictures of my bedroom or the mirrors, I can upload some.

Bye~

Other hauntings by miri_chan

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, miri_chan, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

amac (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-06)
i had the same sort of thing but with a face floating behind me I agree mirrors are freaaaky
bigC (4 stories) (80 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-15)
yea I hate mirrors to that thing the guy below me said 'chicken' his dream was my real life except I did scream. He might be menacing but it might be that kind of fatherly menace sounds like he might actually be trying to protect you cause ouija boards can atract ghost,demons, whatever else.
chicken (29 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-03)
I've always hated mirrors. When I was a little kid I once had a dream about me looking into a mirror and seeing a large person behind me. I opened my mouth to scream, but nothing came out, and I woke up. I just don't trust 'em.
greenpondmike (1 stories) (82 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-06)
Using a ouija board will bring demons into your home-don't use it unless you want more more spirits than what you have, and more menacing than what you have. The anger you feel may be the spirit's strong disapproval at using it. I heard on a talk show (coast to coast am) that two or more mirrors in a room can cause paranormal problems-especially if they are directly across from one another.
miri_chan (6 stories) (69 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-05)
I apologize that the pictures aren't up yet. I keep trying to send them, but every time it says failer because the recieving end's inbox is full ><"
Also, I took Surya's advice and took down the mirrors when I felt the presence again. At first it grew stronger and angrier so I left the room, but when I came back it was gone. Also, my poor blue mirror is smashed;=; I put it out in the hallway and when I came out of my room I stepped on it;=; I guess that's 7 years of bad luck for me XD
-_Syeetaque_- (5 stories) (109 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-05)
Wow, lioncat97...
This is the first time I've heard of ghost that gets a fright of its own reflection lol 😆...
lioncat97 (2 stories) (67 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-05)
I like mirriors not only for thier beauty but because they protect me. Like one night a shadow tried to come in the room and it looked at the mirror, gasped and ran away. I think it scared itself 😆
billiegene_95 (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-04)
Maybe he had a bad experience with them?
I'm not sure sorry that's my only guess
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-03)
SUre I would like to see the picture, also Yes same me too I love mirrors too I don't feeling anything or whatever from that mirrors cause it never spook me before.
jane_doe (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-03)
oooo I would luv to see pictures. It would help alot. And mirrors freak me out I hate mirrors, ever since I was standing infront of one at an old house of mine and a man appeared behind me. I flipped out I only use small mirrors now I don't like full mirrors.
miri_chan (6 stories) (69 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-03)
Oh, I forgot to add,
If there is a green glow to any of the pictures, that is NOT paranormal. It's the vibrantly green color of my room XD (notkidding ><")
miri_chan (6 stories) (69 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-03)
I'm sending the pictures right now, so they should be up soon if the email sends ^^
I tried to do it last night, but the email didn't send;=;
I apologize in advance for the mess of my room XD

Devilchild;
I can see myself in maybe two mirrors when I walk in the room, but because of the angle the pink one is at, it's impossible to see yourself in it when you walk through the door.
I was also wondering that about the ouija board. O-o That might be the reason why, he doesn't want to leave.
The pictures should be up soon ^^

Book_luver123;
I'm not sure why I love mirrors XD They just seem pretty to me, so I keep buying them.
As of now, I only have five in my room. A lot of my prettier mirrors are in storage;=; I'm hoping to take them out soon <3

-_Syeetaque_-;
I know how you feel XD
When I walk in my bathroom at night I just can't look at the mirror >< And in my bedroom my biggest mirror (a huge long one on my closet door) is always hidden (I keep the door closed over so I can't see it LOL)
-_Syeetaque_- (5 stories) (109 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-03)
miri_chan...
If I were you, I would avoid having mirrors in my room...
I hate mirrors since sometimes you could see these things behind you...
I hate mirrors... Even at night I won't sleep facing them... And I won't look into a mirror whenever I go into the bathroom...
You might call me a coward, but I hate mirrors! 😨
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-03)
Thank you, miri_chan. That would be much appreciated.
I am actually wondering if it is simply the mirrors causing an issue, and little else. Anyway, the photo's may help in that.
Thank you.
book_luver123 (227 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-03)
How can you love mirrors I am petrified by them, that's why I only have a crystal hand held mirror. Unfortunately You are probably going to resign from more mirrors. Sorry it isn't much. ❤
devilchild (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-02)
I agree with Surya (: You should try taking down the mirrors, and see if you can still feel a "prescence" in the room with you. Maybe you're just seeing images in the mirror because you have so many in your room. If you're walking past one, you would be able to see yourself in another. I'm not saying it isn't possible that there might be a spirit lingering around in the house, but it's a suggestion. (: And as for the Ouija board- I think maybe the ghost is trying to warn you. Maybe someone else that's lived in the house before you has tried using it, and harmed him. So maybe he doesn't want anyone else trying it. Maybe he thinks you're trying to get rid of him, so he's trying to scare you out of using it, so you can't make him leave his house. You should upload the photos, I would love to see them, and study them so I could get a better look at what might be happening in your house. (: Thank you.
miri_chan (6 stories) (69 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-02)
Oli;
LOL I guess they do:p
I know it sounds stupid, but I keep putting them up because I ABSOLUTELY LOVE MIRRORS <3
XD I'm not sure why, I've just always loved them. I've always wanted to have a room made of mirrors, so I just keep putting up little ones to attempt to create that affect.

Surya;
I should stop putting up mirrors, but like I just said, I love them ><
I'll try that next time I get that feeling. Thanks ^^

Whitebuffalo:
I'll upload those pictures ASAP. ^^
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-02)
Yes. Could you please post those pictures?
Without seeing the layout of your room, and not going back to find the story that you hinted about in this one, the mirrors have me wondering if there is some sort of optical illusion/fun house effect going on.
There have been times that I was in a location that seemed as if there were dancing orbs, vibrating reflections and floating objects. Upon closer examination, it was discovered that the mirrors, instead of complimenting one another, were working against one another, so to speak.
So, yes, please DO post those pictures. I would be interested in seeing their reflective properties.
Thank you.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-02)
Well I can't say I am over impressed by the way you continue to put mirrors up in your bedroom. It sounds as if you want things to happen to you. I would not say your mirrors are becoming "odder & odder" as you put it, I think maybe you are seeing things. As for the presence you feel and when you mention the board it goes crazy, try taking the mirrors down and see what your room feels like then and how you feel.
Oli (2 stories) (74 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-02)
Even ghosts know Ouija Boards are bad lol. Maybe that's a sign to stop using them? And why did you put up more mirrors if they scare you?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: