You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Doppelgangers?

Real Ghost Stories

Doppelgangers?

 

I recently had two experiences with doppelgangers, and that was the first time I've ever seen them before.

The first time I was at my house, home alone, in my bedroom. My bedroom door is always closed, as is my window. I was looking through my bookshelf and sorting things, when I saw my cat dart past me and run under my bed. I hadn't known that the cat was in my room, so it scared me a bit. I bent down and looked under my bed to coax her out, but she wasn't there. A few seconds later I heard meowing, and dashed out of my room to find the cat outside meowing at the patio door.

Doppelgangers?

The next time I was at my grandmother's house. My grandmother and I live in different provinces, so I was vacationing there for the summer. This just happened recently, last week.

I was in the hallway when my mom came out of her bedroom and walked into my room. And I saw this very clearly, because I was standing right next to the bedroom door. As a person that likes privacy above anything, I yelled, "Hey What're you doing?" I looked in my room and nobody was there, and I turned around to see my mom walk out of my grandmother's room and say, "What?" carrying laundry.

This is the first time I've seen doppelgangers, so would anyone care to explain some more for me?

I'll gladly give more information if you need it.

I also have pictures of my kitty (XD) if anyone wants to see those.

-Miri-chan

Other hauntings by miri_chan

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, miri_chan, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

miri_chan (6 stories) (69 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-03)
I haven't ben on for months, so I'm REALLY sorry for the late replies!
Lazria:
I hope so too! It didn't seem harmful, and I haven't seen one of myself, and I sincerely hope I never do. ><

4d:
WOAH. That. Is. Freaky. O-O
I've seen shadow ghosts before but never like that. And Layla thanks you very much for the compliment XD

Elner:
I'm pretty sure I'm not hallucinating ^^'
I don't take any mediciations, nor do I d drugs or smoke. And I am positive that my only medical condition is asthma ^^
I'd also much rather think it's a ghost than a hallucination. If you think it's a hallucination, wouldn't you start to think you're going crazy?

Amanda_lynn:
A doppelganger, is, like dreamergal72 said, a spirit that can imitate a person by taking their form. Also, right now I am in my own home and just last night I saw my cat jump behind my computer desk. The only problem? I had just let my cat outside. It seems as if my cat is never indoors when this happens O-o

Dreamergal72:
Again, Layla thanks you for the compliment:3 XD

InJanuary:
Perhaps you're right, I've never even conisdered these possibilities that you mentioned.
But one thing:
My cat has never gone behind my computer desk, because it's right by the wall and there's not enough room for her to fit. But just last night I saw the doppelganger again and it had jumped behind. Perhaps it could still be one of those things, but we'll never be sure until we figure out the answers to all the things like this.

WIckedWitch2000:
Thank you for the definition ^^
Fortuneately, it's been a few months since then and neither my cat nor my mother (not that we're particuarly close ^^') were harmed.
And thank you again, and I'm so sorry for your poor kitty;=; If anything happened to my Layla I don't know what I'd do;=;
WIckedWitch2000 (1 stories) (71 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-04)
Oh and I also am sorry for that wikipedia stuffy stuff. I copy and pasted it XD. Sz. And I was so caught up in that I forgot to say Nice kitty. I had a cat, but in a cyclone it got washed down this drain. We have this big drain in my street. And... Bye! Wish you luck! (Bumps Chest Twice) Peace!
WIckedWitch2000 (1 stories) (71 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-04)
I do not know if this would really help, but I got this information off the wikipedia to help you out XDDD. A doppelgänger (De-doppelgaenger.ogg pronunciation (help·info)) or fetch is the ghostly double of a living person, a sinister form of bilocation.
Search Wiktionary Look up doppelganger or Doppelgänger in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.

In the vernacular, the word "doppelgänger" has come to refer (as in German) to any double or look-alike of a person. The word is also used to describe the sensation of having glimpsed oneself in peripheral vision, in a position where there is no chance that it could have been a reflection. They are generally regarded as harbingers of bad luck. In some traditions, a doppelgänger seen by a person's friends or relatives portends illness or danger, while seeing one's own doppelgänger is an omen of death, or results in immediate death upon the two coming face to face. In Norse mythology, a vardøger is a ghostly double who precedes a living person and is seen performing their actions in advance.
inJanuary (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-02)
... No offence,

But I think the concept of a doppelgangers is far fetched for me. (and trust me I'm open minded). It just seems so uneducated. Not that I, or anyone for that mater, have all the answers.

What I think is that once we do figure some things out a little bit more we will laugh at these terms.

Now- what about a bend in space? A bend in time? A worm hole? A parallel place?

I think with the little science with have available to us in regards to paranormal these concepts seem much more convincing (to me at least).
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-23)
amanda lynn doppelganger is like something as a person or animals that may call a shape shilfer like ghost can do to shape shilfer to look like your love one or your favorite pet.
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-07-23)
Aw very pretty cat you have I have a cats too I am a cats lover. Yep that sound like a doppelgangers.
amanda_lynn (24 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-22)
I have but one question- what exactly ARE doppelgangers? When I first seen that word above, I thought it meant like, almost a "twin" of someone/something...?

Would you please explain that to me? (: thank you.

And I have another question, actually...

Did you only see it those two times? Did it happen again, after you left your grandmother's house? Just out of curiosity. (;
elner (38 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-21)
i think your just hallucinating I do that all the time and just ignore it for a reason at all because I don't want the feeling of ghost
Sqweeky1297 (30 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-20)
liza I was just readding your commet and to correct you in the spirt world that's a poltergist not a doppelganger sorry.
4d (15 stories) (167 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-20)
miri_chan
My friend went out with us one night and said when he went to get his cousin to come too he saw his uncle watching television in the living room. When he went to his cousins room to see if he was ready he heard his uncle snoring in his bedroom. He checked his uncles room and sure enough he was asleep, when he went back to the living room the TV was off and no one was in it. As they left they turned and saw shadows moving around inside the window area! Great story! Beautiful kitty by the way! Aloha - 4d
lazria (9 stories) (82 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-20)
Dopplegangers can be a couple different things. Spirits (like ghosts) that imate other people (by appearance or by sound). They are other types of dopplegangers that are more dangious - if you look up Doppleganers, you'll see what I'm talking about (harmful toward the orginial person - a doppleganger can only "stay" put if they manage to dispose of the orginial person). Hopefully it's just some spirit, who's trying to get your attnetion by taking the form of something/one that you know.
KitKatKittyKat (1 stories) (13 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-19)
:3! Kittyyyyy! ^_^

And that's creepy...o_o Too creepy even. I actually had an experience with my doppelganger, but that's a story for another day~
miri_chan (6 stories) (69 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-18)
OMG, THTS WHAT MY CATS MOTHER LOOKS LIKE:O
Black with a white spot O-O
Her mothe disappeared and was never seen again. She was my best friends cat.That's so cool that you saw that:o

Deathbat19,
A doppelganger is a'ghost' that imitates people, like when the doppelganger imitated my mom, it took her shape and exact looks. Same with my cat.
deathbat19 (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-18)
haha wow yall are all conversating the cat. Lol I have heard the word doppleganger on shows like sealab 2021 on Adult Swim Channel, but what exactly is that? In your own words 😕
old_ky_home1047 (2 stories) (15 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-18)
ohh I have a calico... Yeah I can visualize that better (: I imagined a black cat with a little white on it... Haha I don't know why (:

❤ old_ky_home!
miri_chan (6 stories) (69 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-18)
Aha, I'll post a picture of her soon then ^^
She's a 1 year old calico, if you can visualze that whike you wait:p
old_ky_home1047 (2 stories) (15 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-18)
aww this sounds interesting. Its a very good story (: & I would like to see your kitty... Lol... Because it would help me like visualize the event. Thanks! (:

❤ old_ky_home1047

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: