You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Little Boy In Baby Blue Pyjamas

Real Ghost Stories

Little Boy In Baby Blue Pyjamas

 

I come from the Netherlands where people don't believe in ghosts. Only a few do so, that is why I'm glad that I found this site. My experiences started last year in October last year.

It started early morning whilst waking up. I was sitting on the edge of the bed trying to wake up (I was still sleepy). Suddenly there was a woman, s hand next to left side of my head and it snapped it, s fingers twice. It was only the hand, nothing else. It was grayish / white of color and had long, fine fingers with long beautiful nails. My husband did not see this, he was still asleep.

I shrugged it off and went downstairs (I'm not awake yet?). From the stairs you wind up in the kitchen, which is really small, about 6 by 9 feet. I live in an old workman's house that is about two hundred years old.

In the morning, the first thing that I do is to switch on the light of the cooker- hood because the kitchen light would bother my daughter in her sleep. Then I make breakfast for my husband before he goes to work. When I got downstairs I heard a woman's voice saying two or three words, but I couldn't understand. It was too muffled. Right after the woman said these words, the light of the cooker-hood started to flicker and I heard a child giggle. Now, that light has never flickered before and hasn't since. My daughter laughs, she doesn't giggle and at that moment she was still asleep in bed.

A couple of weeks later my daughter was staying at her grandparents for a few days and my husband and I had the house to ourselves. My husband decided to stay up late to watch a movie and I went to bed early. From my bedroom I can see straight into my daughter's bedroom. There is only a door in between. I also didn't shut the blinds in her room.

I saw a shadow figure of what appeared to be a little child in my daughter's bedroom. It seemed to be playing. It looked like it was jumping on the bed. Then walking on hands and feet on the floor and sometimes peeping round the door as if to see what I was doing. Maybe it was afraid of getting caught. It didn't scare me. In fact I found it kind of funny to look at. In the following weeks it once stood next to my side of the bed as a shadow figure.

Some time later I was bringing clean laundry upstairs when suddenly I heard a loud hiccup. It was so loud and clear like it was standing right beside me. I was certain it was from a small child. Later my daughter and I were in my bedroom and went over to hers, when she saw it too. She said it was standing next to the chimney, watching us. She saw a little boy in blue pyjamas with bears on it.

In January this year I went upstairs for another load of laundry, when I saw it as a full bodied apparition. I guess I scared it, because it ran into my bedroom. But I got a glimpse of it from behind.

It was indeed a little boy, not older than two and half maybe three years old. He had blond hair, a little longer at the back. (Which was a fashion in the late seventies)? He was wearing a baby blue pyjamas. (Sweater and pants). That was the last time I saw or heard from him.

Now the funny thing is that no child died in the house during the seventies until now and neither in my family. Could the woman have brought him? Do any of you have an idea?

Love Christa

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, MaChrista, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

ghosthunter9876 (67 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-22)
God rest their souls. Maybe these spirits were once part of families themselves when they were alive and passed away individually leaving behind many unfulfilled wishes and tasks which they would have liked to do and when they saw you and your family they simply must have followed you back to your home to spend some time in your home for some peace.
jonesss (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-05)
Well as someone from the Netherlands too, I can tell you that there are people here who believe in ghosts too.

I think this story is incredible. It's nice that you don't find it disturbing or scary that a little boy plays in your house.

I really don't know where he came from, but he seems to interact with you and seems playfull and sweet.

Good luck with getting more information.
scaredtodeathchina (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-14)
wow.that must have been a hard time for all of you. You should lok at the history of house. That could help you guys.
jerryhend1 (3 stories) (136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-30)
Well, I would say that it sounds like your little ghost, just aw followed you home, hair and jams sound like from the late 70's early 80's. Like strays small ones tend to follow good people, like animals they tend to have a 6th scents of such ones (the little one could have passed anywhere) just not around/or in your house, as long as the little one doesn't frighten your little one or frighten you too much, I think I would like to hear what your husband would say if he saw him in his blue bear pyjamas...
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-26)
Could be a matter of you being sensitive and your daughter is following in your gift. This sounds residual to me. Unless you make some kind of eye contact (and from what I gather, if you do, you will know it) this could have been the antics of whatever child once lived there but none the less residual. What you thought as it peeping out to see if you were watching could have been his routine of looking out for his own mother and knowing he wasn't suppose to be jumping on the bed. Same with the hand you saw. Just a glitch in time that repeats itself to the one sensitive enough to catch it.
blank (8 stories) (110 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-25)
Heyy that's really cool, I clearly get the picture and also comprehend your braveness. Nice to see you so bold with encounters with apparitions, but luckily they don't mean harm whereas in my case it differs. Do you see apparitions quite a lot of times or is it that you only see them at your place. Let me know and we'll try figuring out who they are and what they want. Best Wishes. Take Care.
cash98 (19 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-24)
Well that was interesting Do you normally see ghosts or was it just those times? If it was just then Don't worry about it! If you start seeing some more email me at elmore-family [at] hotmail.com
JamesRobiscoe (419 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-23)
Christa--Welcome to the site! Sweet land of The Netherlands! Now, about the boy child apparition. The bears on the pyjamas would make it seem as though the fabric were fairly modern (stamp-printed cloth) so it's likely this is a recent child, not one from the land long before your house was built. But those who advise a bit of land history are right. And check with neighbors (or newspapers if you want to keep your research private) to learn if a child had died (or was murdered) in your VICINITY. Intelligent (interactive) ghosts can move about, and maybe this one came to your house attracted by your daughter as a playmate. Take notice of temperarue drops, since (as your flickering light demonstrated) spirits require energy from somewhere to manifest.
I am sorry your husband dismisses the subject, since the three of you united, or at least "on the same page" with each other is a good family dynamic. But at least your child has you to speak to so she's not left high and dry on her own to grapple with what bothers her.
If you have a camera, perhaps you could keep it handy. If you're visited again, which you probably will be, you might capture an image or two as further proof. It is good you do not seem to be fearful. If ever you are, call upon St. Michael. Please keep us posted with a new story as time goes on.
3nj0y (19 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-22)
That is really odd... Perhaps the little boy is a "travelling ghost"; as they are called.
He could be an earthbound spirit who did not have any playmates/siblings in earthly life (just guessing here); and he feels close to your family because his family in life were either abusive or maybe he was an orphaned child.

Best of luck, 3nj0y. 😕
MaChrista (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-22)
No, my husband didn,t. He doesn, t even believe in ghosts and he doesn, t want me to talk about it to our daughter (she a 9 year old). But she is experiencing a lot too, so we talk about it when he is not there.
As for the history: the boy looked pretty recent, as if it died in the eighties, maybe seventies. At that time no child has died in there, nor in my family. I have also known some of the former owners. None of them lost a child...
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-22)
Well, I hate to sound like a broken record: But I would look into the history of the land/house.

Has your husband seen anything?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: