You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Wordless Children

Real Ghost Stories

The Wordless Children

 

I am a nineteen year old, still early in this life, and never once lived in a place that had any sort of long history to it. It never matters where I go, or where I live, this always happens a few times within the year. It is a strange phenomenon where children, of whom I've never met, come to me in my bedroom.

It always starts off the same; I'm usually deep in sleep, as I was this particular time as well. My slumber at this time is always different than normal though, it is like I am unable to dream, so it is just a wispy blackness. I do not mind though, sleep is sleep, and I usually feel very heavy and quite rested. Maybe it's that these experiences are so vivid that they wash away whatever dreams I might have had before. But, during these times, and this time, I wake up, for what appears to be no reason.

I did not feel alone in my bedroom. I generally sleep with all my lights off, my window shut and my bedroom door closed. My covers are usually drawn up to myself so I sleep in my own little bubble. I always feel perfectly alone when I fall asleep. This time, I knew I was not, and I drew my eyes to the corner of my bedroom.

Standing there in the corner of the room is a little girl.

Since there is barely any light, everything is in deep shades of grey or muted blues. But I knew vaguely what she looked like. She seemed young, only about five years old, and did not place into our generation very well. She had long blonde and very curly hair, which was partially pulled back. She wore a black and white dress, very pretty, white stockings, and black dress shoes. She looked like a little girl ready to go to church.

She spoke not a word. She stood there, and looked at me.

I always think that the next time I'd see these things, I'd feel frightened, but I never do. Never do I feel scared. Surprising myself, I speak out loud. "Hello? What's wrong?"

I sat up in my bed and looked at her. "Is something wrong? Can I help you?"

I never know why I say these things, but I say them every time I see someone like her, it is almost like it is the right thing to say. "Don't worry," I'd say, "It's alright. I can help you somehow. Tell me what's wrong."

She still wouldn't speak, just continue to stand there and look my way, and so I got up out of my bed. "Hold on," I'd continue, "I'll help you. Just give me a second to turn on the light." I would walk to my light and flick it on.

When I looked back to the corner where she stood; nobody was there; whenever that would happen, I'd always stand there in some sort of disbelief, and a weird feeling of disappointment would wash over me; then a feeling of great relief. I flicked off the lights again, and looked at the corner to see that she still wasn't there.

And like most of the times that this had happened, I'd speak once more, "If you need my help again... I don't mind if you ask me." Then I'd crawl back into bed, and fall right back to sleep.

The only one who believes me is my mother, who shares the same sort of thing where people will wordlessly walk into her bedroom as well. But her circumstances and the visitations are completely different than mine.

I am often visited by children like the little girl. Boys, girls, and any age ranging between 5 and 11. They always stand there, looking at me. And I always ask them if I can help them somehow. They always leave whenever I turn on the light.

It doesn't matter where I lived, who I've known, and how I sleep. It is inevitable that something like this will happen at some point, and I expect it to happen in the future.

I wonder though, what these visitations mean, and if I really do somehow help them. I also wonder why I speak before I think of saying those words.

Other hauntings by Azumizai

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Azumizai, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

zoajet (2 stories) (276 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-29)
Well You said you can see it right? Well recording them is probley one of the best ways to hear somthing but proboly hard to understand the ghost. When somthing like this happens to me, I record it and while recording I would ask it only yes or no things and tell it to shake its head up and down for yes and left and right for no. Like "do you need help?" trust me it works most of the time. No the reason for the recording also is if it trys to say somthing else.
courtneyOMGG (12 stories) (179 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-29)
Azumizai, that's the same with me!
People have told me to do EVP in my house, but I know I'd be WAY more scared then I am now if I caught something on the tape 😜
Do whatever feels right for you.
Azumizai (2 stories) (8 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-27)
Sorry for the late reply, I have not been in good access of the site over the weekend.

[at] courtneyOMGG & JamesRobiscoe:
I could attempt to do something like that, using recording devices of some sort. But... That thoughts scares me a bit. I guess I'm afraid of actually HEARING something. But it is certainly something that I would try if I feel the problem is pressing enough. I completely forgot that spiritual things tended to muddle with frequencies.

[at] dreamergal72:... True... And with all the suggestions I've been getting... I have a feeling that trying to leave the light off would be a good thing.

[at] Tonith: The idea of a notebook is really interesting. I might try to explore that.

[at] kittythatsme: Oh that sounds interesting... Yet another suggestion for recording it all.

Thank you all very much!
kittythatsme (4 stories) (28 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-27)
Hmmm this is interesting because I too have often had visits with spirits that don't speak. But after a few times I left a stero by the bed and when the spirit was there hit record... I could hear whispers on the play back but could not understand what they were saying. But when the event took place and I talked to them, I could not hear anything back... Until the tape was played.

Look forward to hearing more from you.

Much Peace
Katie
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-26)
It would be interesting to see if using a video camera (borrow one if you have to) and set it up in that corner of your room. You may not get any voices but you may get a form or shadow. You may just be sensitive and you seem to be ok with that. Now is the time to do some investigating to get some proof. All this could be residual and you are just sensitive to it meaning that where ever it happens you get in tuned to it. Or you are the one being haunted simply because they know you can see them which brings us back to being sensitive. Another thing I would try, to see if it's an intelligent haunting is to put a drawing pad and crayon in that area of the room and write "Hello" on the pad and hopefully even if it can't talk it may be able to read and write. Give it a shot, you have nothing to lose.
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-25)
Light on you can't see the spirits/ ghosts that why you can't see it when you turn the light on. So it better with light off. I know it not comfortable.
JamesRobiscoe (419 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-24)
Azumizai--I'm guessing you either don't receive or have not watched any of the cable ghost series, such as Ghost Hunters, Paranormal State, etc. Ghost hunting has become a small national passion. You'll discover a range of investigative devices used, and as Jmak and Courtney say, they record frequencies we live folk can miss seeing/hearing. These programs offer some basic practical insight into the scientific data being gathered, and some evidence is indisputably persuasive.
Now, that's just for your own take-it-or-leave it information. Same with any investigating you might want to do--do what feels instinctual. Like you, I know any paranormal activity pushes our comfort level, but most of life is and will be like that anyway, right? <G>
As for another comment of yours, I kind of look at it that we don't come up with a solution in matters like these, but we choose a way to proceed, and the solution will find itself.
courtneyOMGG (12 stories) (179 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-24)
Azumizai, sometimes spirits do talk, but on such a 'level' that we are unable to hear them, but they are caught on tape.
It's the same things, sometimes we cannot see spirits, but they may mess with electricity, eg, lights, tv's, etc.
😊
Azumizai (2 stories) (8 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-24)
[at] Jmak: Thank you very much.

I haven't used a tape-recorder because, 1, I don't have one and 2, they don't say anything. I feel that it'd be a bit silly to record silence. 😆 Then again, they COULD say something when I'm not awake. You never know.

And I will be writing my mother's stories (with her permission), at a later date.:] That's for sure.
Jmak (6 stories) (156 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-24)
Azumizai welcome to YGS. Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Have you considered keeping an audio recorder near to try to catch any conversations from your visitors? You also mentioned your mother has the same gift, has she been able to determine what her visitors are trying to convey to her if anything? How often do you and your mother have these visitors? Sorry for all the questions 😊 God bless.
Azumizai (2 stories) (8 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-23)
[at] JamesRobiscoe: Thank you very much for taking the time to respond. I'd love more comments on this, since I'd prefer to have some understanding of whatever is going on.

What you say does make a lot of sence. I'm a naturally very anxious person, and if I get a worry in my head, it does not tend to leave quickly until I can find ample evidence against whatever it is I am worrying about.

So your assumption that I am afraid of what could appear in the dark is correct.

So... I guess I need to come up to some solution. Since, obviously, me just turning on the light every time doesn't seem to bring much solution other than ends the contact...

Maybe, if I try to leave the light off, and attempt to see what would happen, maybe I can get better clarity of what to do in the situation, and maybe learn what it is all about.

[And... I actually have pretty wretched eyesight without my trusted glasses, but I can see pretty well in the dark since it doesn't seem to make a difference if my glasses are on or off. Also, they DO only appear in my room. I don't know what I'd do if I saw them elsewhere.]

Thank you very much for taking the time to respond.
JamesRobiscoe (419 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-23)
Azumizai--I appreciate your candid answers. Do you want more comment, or are you content just telling your story?
Uncertainty is a state we're all plagued with from time to time, and it's my belief that sometimes just letting a problem "go" will lower my anxiety and bring an answer so obvious I cannot ignore it. Most of the time, though, I also need to do my part and think a problem through objectively, extracting what I can actively do to "investigate" the aspects of a problem to move it forward towards solution.
You seem split between fear of the dark and no fear of the dark. Dark is fine as long as you are sleeping but not fine when you anticipate something hiding in it? (I've long wondered why apparitions vanish in the light and all investigations are done in the dark, etc. If a thing is there, isn't it still there light or dark? I mean, most are not vampyres.)
It doesn't seem consistent to hear you say you're not afraid of the apparitions yet always turn on the light when you've had ample evidence they vanish. I trust you've had your eyesight tested, and that you don't see the spirits anywhere else but in your room.
So why are they there? Why you? What can you bring to the situation beyond making them go away? You must think outside the situation and decide what it is you want. As the Chinese proverb goes: When you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there.
Azumizai (2 stories) (8 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-23)
[at] 4D: Thank you for your kind words. And yes, I suppose it is like a blessing or a curse.

[at] JamesRobiscoe: I've had an interesting, if not, stressful life at times, yes. Do you think that attributes to why I see these things at times?

I'm also uncertain of why I turn on the light. To tell you the truth, I'm very scared of the dark. Even at this age, and despite the fact that I sleep in pitch blackness. When I see these things, I'm not initially scared of the dark, nor do I notice. But I always feel a draw to turn ON the light, whether that is my latent fear or not, I just... Feel the need to do so. (The idea of not doing it seems a little bit... Scary to me)

I'm actually uncertain of what my goals are when I face these apparations... Sometimes, during those times, I'm more or less moving without much thinking, so I can't say for certain what I'm trying to DO.
JamesRobiscoe (419 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-23)
Azumizai---You must have had an unusual and interesting life to have lived in many places by the age of 19. I hazard to guess that not only your disposition encourages these appearances but perhaps your character, background and field of work. I'm curious why you feel so strongly that turning on the light is the right thing to do. And what is your goal vis a vis this phenomenon?
4d (15 stories) (167 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-22)
Azumizai,
This experience that you have gracefully shared really shows your true character. 😁 You seem genuinely concerned for the well being of those that are young, maternal instinct shines. You also show respect and security of your own well being 😊 which is smart. How can you help those in need if you yourself feel in danger or in the wrong. This seems like a gift or curse depending on who you are. A gift because there are those who look to you in times of need, or a curse if it inconveniences your health, lack of sleep... Great story, thanks for sharing! Aloha -4d ❤
Azumizai (2 stories) (8 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-22)
[at] boobyhobbs:
I won't end up doing that because, I feel that turning on the light is the right thing to do. Whenever I think of that experiance, and keeping the light off, I feel very uneasy, like it isn't the right thing to do. Unless I feel otherwise, and safe, I will keep the light on.

But I'll remember your suggestion if such a situation arises.

Thank you~
Azumizai
boobyhobbs (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-22)
Maybe the next visitation that you get... You shouldnt turn on the lights. Thats what I would do. Try talking to the children in darkness. Maybe they feel more comfortable showing themselves to you in the dark.

Much Love,
Boobyhobbs ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: