You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Rita And Her Children - Pt 2

Real Ghost Stories

Rita And Her Children - Pt 2

 

I know it's been a while since my last entry about the presence Rita. This new entry shall be an update on the things that have been happening these past several months. The womanly apparition is still with me as well as the little shadowlings, who I've lovingly adorned with names Mischief and Mayhem. Yes, I did say 'lovingly'.

A while ago, I was trying everything I could think of to get rid of the trio (before, I thought there were several little shadowlings with Rita, but now I've realized there's only two), but to no avail. I tried burning sage, I made salt lines, brick dust lines, I even had my friend's uncle who's a preacher bless the house- nothing helped. She did not go away. There were lulls where I didn't see her for a few weeks at a time, but she always came back. Ya'll, at one point, I think I even hurt her feelings, as crazy as that might sound.

As I mentioned in my previous entry, I never felt as if Rita or the shadowlings were evil entities, but whenever they came around my energy would be drained. Luckily, that's not so much the case now that I've actually welcomed them into my life. I know the majority of you are probably screaming "Why the hell would you do that?", and yes I know, welcoming a force into your life only strengthens it, but it's okay. Rita, as I've come to realize, is okay. Let me explain.

A few months back, during one of the periods when I had not encountered Rita for a while, I went on a 4 day trip with my friends to Saint Augustine, Florida (beautiful place, by the way). Things were great, and we were having tons of fun. My energy was back, I had been sleeping, and I was getting to the point where I wasn't constantly looking over my shoulder. We were sitting on the beach just talking and laughing when this middle-aged woman came up to us. She, like everyone else, was just a regular beach goer so we didn't think anything of her approaching us.

She introduced herself politely, and then looked directly at me. She said my name, which took me by surprise because we hadn't given her our names, but I figured maybe she had just overhead one of my friends say it. She asked if she could sit for a few moments and we told her she could.

I remember the conversation vividly because of the strangeness. She asked "Do you mind if I read your aura to you?" I was taken aback, but then I sort of giggled, thinking she was joking. She just smiled, but her eyes were serious. My friends played along and told me to let her do it. Finally, I agreed.

She took my hands, flat and palm down in hers, and she looked me straight in the eyes. Her eyes were super intense, and I felt like she was looking right through me. "You have a highly empathic soul. That's what drew me to you. Your light stood out to me. But, negativity can feed off that light. She wants to protect you, you know? You're lucky to have a guardian. Don't fight her away." After that, the woman kissed my forehead, got up and walked away.

To say they least, I was dumbfounded. My friends laughed it off saying she was probably drunk, but I thought hard about what she said. The fact that she said don't fight HER away was a bit troubling to me because I immediately thought of Rita, but then I remembered how drained and tired I would feel after a visit from Rita.

One week later, I was back from vacation and home alone watching TV. It was about 11pm, and my sister and brother-in-law had went out to catch a late movie. I had had a few glasses of wine, so I was pretty relaxed. The back door of the house is at the kitchen, and I heard the doorknob being jiggled. I thought it was just them coming home, and I remember being annoyed because we NEVER use the back door, so I had to get up from my comfortable position to unlock it.

I look outside, and it's someone dressed in black trying to break into the house. The person didn't see me, so I hid and began to call 911. Then, I hear the glass window on the door break, and he unlocked the door. The operator was on the phone, but I was too scared to talk because this intruder was about 5 feet from where I was hiding. So, I heard him walk around the kitchen to the living room rummaging through stuff, and that's when I start talking to the operator.

I was in full panic mode and froze. Nothing like this had ever happened before to me, and I was scared he would find me before the cops got there. I heard a loud thump in the hall and a "What the f***?" Then, there was another thump and the guy gasps and I heard his feet shuffling quickly as he ran past me out the door.

By that time, the cops were there and apprehended him. They calmed me down and got my statement, all the while I hear the guy saying that there was another person in the house, and the cops checked, but there was no one else. The intruder said that someone pushed him hard against the wall, another person in black, but he told them it wasn't me, that he hadn't even known I was there. A patrol car sat outside my house until my sister and brother-in-law got home.

I honestly do believe that it was Rita. I think she scared the intruder off and protected me that night, because all I could think about was what the woman said at the beach. It wasn't until a week after that incident that she came again, and I didn't allow myself to be frightened of her. She stood in the corner of my room and, like always, all I could make out was a dress and bright green eyes, and the two shadowlings moved around the room like they always did.

That was the night I invited her into my life. I thanked her. I accepted her as my guardian of sorts. That's been about 3 months ago, and now when she comes to me I don't feel drained and tired. I believe that she has protected me from other situations in my life in the past, but I didn't realise it, and I'm thankful that she is around.

Other hauntings by AlskaRJean

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Georgia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, AlskaRJean, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-07-17)
Alaska - I know from personal experience that there is a very distinct difference between the energy emanating from a good spirit and that from an evil, or not so good, spirit. Many others on this site will tell you the same.

Just a thought to bear in mind: Perhaps Rita and the children would be better off if they were assisted to leave this earth realm? I don't know whether Rita is a guardian spirit or not but what about the two children? I really can't offer much of an opinion on the guardian spirit aspect of it but it is possible that they are stuck here for reasons beyond their control. Just something to think about.

Regards, Melda
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-07-17)
There are just as many (or more) cases of individuals who have very positive relationships with spirit guides who have never tried to trick or deceive them in any way. Just as with interactions with live human beings, one has to trust their gut and we should respect the OP's judgement.

My grandparents have always watched over me and made their presence known in one way or another. They are my spirit guides and after more than 20 years, I am certain they aren't demons.

I also live with the spirits from the mass grave next door every day - in this building one is never alone. Their presence makes this place feel like home and I fully accept their presence. It has been over six years now and I have yet to be tricked or harmed in any way.

Beliefs aside, my experiences are not unique.

AlskaRJean - I am glad you have found peace with your otherworldly roommates. Many believe that cleansing and blessings will only drive out negative entities so perhaps that's why she and her ilk have stayed. So long as you proceed with caution as with anything - I don't think you have anything to worry about. Please keep us posted ❤
Rajine (14 stories) (776 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-07-16)
The spirit world is so vast and complex its hard to be sure if there's good or bad. I do however believe our ancestors protect us. But in my religious belief is that spirits and the like have no business on earth and if they stay it'll only to cause trouble. But I guess if u believe and have hope then maybe it could be in your favour
Spockie (8 stories) (203 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-07-12)
I have to agree with Anno_Domini. It is not a good idea to cultivate spirit relationships. Even those spirits who appear to be benevolent, kind and good can be evil spirits manipulating you for their own hidden purposes. Be very careful.
Anno_Domini (3 stories) (167 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-07-12)
Hi AlskaRJean,

I don't meant to be a killjoy, but in general I believe that "spirit" relationships should not be cultivated. In my view, spirits can work in concert with one another, manipulate people (the affirmation coming from that lady on the beach) and your feelings (feeling drained, happy, sad, etc). There have been many documented cases of people who've had spiritual "guides" or "protectors" only to find out in the end that they were deceived. Sometimes the deceptions lasted decades even. Do take a look at my profile for my take on this.
CuriousDee (8 stories) (631 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-07-11)
Alska,

Rita sounds like a fierce protector. It's interesting that once you accepted her presence, that drained feeling went away. Maybe it also has to do with accepting that you are sensitive to energy/spirit and learning to adjust.

I think we all need a little 'Rita' in our life, she sounds lovely. 😊 I'm sure the woman in Florida coming up to you was no coincidence. 😉

Thank you for sharing a great story,
Dee

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: