You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Parking Lot Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

The Parking Lot Ghost

 

People generally relate ghosts and incidents of haunting with old dilapidated spooky houses, castles, palaces etc. But the incident, which I am about to relate, actually happened in my office where I worked for around 6 years.

I used to work for an Organization near Mumbai (India), which catered to clients, based out of UK and US. The office was operational 24 X 7 because of the different geographical locations, which our clients were based out of.

The office was not actually in Mumbai city but in Navi Mumbai which is outside Mumbai and is therefore not as crowded as Mumbai. I worked in that organization from 2001 to 2007.

We usually had operations working in 3 shifts, the last shift ending at around 3.00 am. There were cabs hired by our company, which were used to take staff back to their homes after their shift ended.

I was working in the late night shift one day and being in the Technology team, my work extended beyond 3.30 am. I came out of my office to the car park where one could avail cabs. To my dismay I found that all the cabs had left for the day and I was the only one left. Dismayed and tired, I was thinking about the next course of action when I heard someone coming into the car park.

It was a young lady, smartly dressed about 23-25 years of age.

She came to me and asked me what the time was & whether I had missed the last drop. I told her the time and asked her whether it was the same case with her. She just smiled shook my hand and walked away briskly. Something just didn't seem right. Her hand seemed very cold. It was also not common for people to hangout at the car park at such an unearthly hour. The eerie smile and calm behaviour of the girl was a bit surprising and unnerving too.

Since I was very tired, I didn't pay much attention to it and walked back to my office and enquired with the transport supervisor whether he could arrange for an alternate vehicle to take me home. He quickly checked the status and told me that a vehicle from the office would be available in 15 minutes and asked me to wait in the lobby in the meanwhile. I casually told him that I had met a lady who I thought had probably missed her usual drop and was also stranded like me. Perhaps it would be also worthwhile checking whether she needed any help. The transport supervisors suddenly froze in his tracks. Hurriedly told me that there was no one left in the office and that no lady had approached him.

I was surprised by the sudden change in his attitude but was too tired to think about it. On my way back I enquired with the driver about the sudden change in behaviour of the supervisor when I told him about the lady.

Imagine my fright when the driver told me that the lady whom I had met was not human but a spirit who regularly made appearances at the car park. Many of the drivers had unknowingly encountered the spirit late at night after around 3.00 am. The appearance of the lady described to me by the driver exactly matched mine. He further informed me that a couple of years earlier there was a lady who was molested and had died in that parking lot. Perhaps it might have been her spirit though he wasn't exactly sure.

At this point of time the entire sequence of events began to run through my mind sending a shiver down my spine. I could only think about her eerie smile and the icy cold hand now though I had not bothered much about it earlier. Though shaken, I quickly regained my composure and sat uneasily through the journey back home, which seemed to take ages.

After this experience I made sure that I was never alone in the parking lot ever again. But at the same time I really felt pity for the poor lady who suffered such a violent fate.

Other hauntings by sanjubhat

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, sanjubhat, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Prizzywania (4 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-15)
I'm feeling as if i'm in front of the scene, watching and sensing it! Greatly written man!:)
spookspirits (9 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-11)
According to me the lady ghost you encountered comes searching for her murderer (s) she doesn't mean harm to anyone, I think her soul will get peace if her murderer (s) will be punished.

1 crazy question-Was the lady ghost beautiful? 😉

Loves and regards from spookspirits
allesgute154 (3 stories) (254 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-27)
Hi Sanju, another great narration. I have written to your email id regarding a personal problem of mine. Please do revert. Thanks.
curiousme (14 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-10-01)
And yes if you could please help me with a reply of that exact place where in Navi Mumbai, so that me and my friends experience some paranormal experiences too by ourselves, as I have my college in Navi Mumbai

And I meant to say I felt bad for that lady,pardon

Warm regards

Allah hafiz
curiousme (14 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-10-01)
Hey buddy, first of all lemme tell you that I like the way you put up your words to present and express your expexperience, one can easily imagine things right before his eyeyes, awesome writing bro, keep it up 😊
And I've read almost all your experiences (that is what I believe) and I found all of them quite interesting including this one, felt pity for that lady though

Take care bro, Allah hafiz

Warm regards
Sceptic-Ari (2 stories) (611 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-09-22)
[at] Javelina:I am sorry that sounded silly to you, but I wondered if I might coax the address out of the author if I persuade him in this way... Silly me 😭
And truly, if details aren't provided, it becomes difficult to ascertain the plausibility of the story, more so as I am from India and it is easier for me to visit these places.

Yet there seems to be no answer from the Author...

Thanks Javelina for giving me jolt 😳 ❤
Wiz (23 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-09-22)
cool story actually got shivers up my spine that's freaky stuff! Wiz
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-09-22)
[at] Sceptic-Ari,
This story is over three years old. The author hasn't put up any new comments on any stories for over a year now. And you command they answer to you or you will not believe their story?
Is that supposed to sound as silly as it does to me?

Jav
Sceptic-Ari (2 stories) (611 posts)
-2
12 years ago (2012-09-22)
Dear sanju
Where in Navi mumbai is this office? I would like to visit and experience it myself. Please provide the details required so that I may reach there.
If not then I shall consider your story to be a very intelligent and well written fiction...sorry.

Regards
sanjeevgeorge (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-26)
such ghosts usually don't mean any harm to people who haven't done them anything.
maxts (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-30)
dude, I want to know where did this exactly happen, I'm a ghost hunter looking for some haunted place in navi mumbai, so could you please tell me the address, and info, you could always e-mail me on maxtsgang [at] gmail.com, I'm planning on conducting a research, so please lem'me know.
Thank you!
Catie (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-30)
Nice write up sanjubhat. I am really hardcore fan of your stories/experiences. Will love to hear more from your side. And please let me know your office location where you encountered this "SPIRIT".♥
sylviessweeties (135 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-13)
The spirit meant no harm because she sensed you meant her no harm
waynedruart (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-03)
You must be a fast with these things... You were workin in the office for six years and didn't know whether that lady was your colleague... Cmon she was a spirit from the first site. Get snappy or you could have been hurt...
anupama (12 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-04)
hey you write lovely yaar. But navi mumbai is not that much isolated place now a days.
... Let me also have to go the same place to have a look of that cool lady...
Where is your office in navi mumbai? 😜 ❤
sanjubhat (16 stories) (23 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-11)
I agree that the experience was very unique. The icy cold touch is something I shall never forget in my entire life.
Never saw the lady again.
I consider myself lucky to have got away quite easily. Anything could have happened.
A fine lady ghost indeed.

Guys... I'd really appreciate it if you could read my other post " The Restless Pathan" and comment on the same. Another unique experience with the other world.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-09)
You were not the only one to see this apparition so I don't think it was your imagination. The fact that this ghost interacted with you is the astounding part. You got other validation which only makes it more real.
We here in the states have urban legends as well and people who swear they have given rides to people that vanished in the car or asked to be dropped off at a local cemetary. Most of us take this with a grain of salt but then are they all liars? I doubt it. You may have been tired but I don't think you were hallucinating. You didn't even realize what you were seeing, you just thought it was another worker. I am sure this has changed your idea of the paranormal. I know it would have been an eye opener to me. You experienced something very few people get to experience. A full blown apparition that spoke to you and touched you.
Necropolis_Seraph (6 stories) (64 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-09)
Its a good thing she only asked for the time and did not do anything different. At least the spirit you encountered is not a violent one. Most of them that died horrible deaths may not be as good as that ghost you met. She might have been one fine lady. She brought it even to the afterlife. 😊
bluegirl0506 (3 stories) (43 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-07)
I can only imagine! Was that the only time you have seen that 'ghost lady'?
sanjubhat (16 stories) (23 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-07)
I can bet on it & it is a very creepy feeling if you come to know of it at a later stage for sure! 😁
bluegirl0506 (3 stories) (43 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-06)
Very creepy. Sometimes I wonder if we come into contact with spirits often and just don't know that that is what they are.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: