You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Grandpa Still Visits Me

Real Ghost Stories

Grandpa Still Visits Me

 

When I was a little girl, my Grandpa was my favorite person. We were extremely close. I was the sun that man's earth revolved around. I should tell you some back ground information before I tell you the main part of the story so that it makes sense.

When I was a child my Grandpa always called me Dutchie. I had a severe speech problem, which made it really difficult to understand me when I talked. Grandpa told my mom one day: "I can't understand a word she is saying. She might as well be a little Dutch girl." That kind of stuck with me and from then on, he called me Dutchie (short for little Dutch girl). Also... My mom moved us to WV when I was very little so I was raised there but I would spend the summers in Ohio with my Dad. Grandpa also lived in Ohio and he was a huge baseball fan. Columbus has a minor league baseball team called the Columbus Clippers. Grandpa would pick me up from Dad's and take me to every single home game the Clippers played. So Grandpa and me spent a lot of time at Cooper Stadium watching the Clippers. And the last piece of information that would be helpful is my son, CJ. He was born when I was 18 and Grandpa died when I was 19, CJ was only 10 months old and does not remember him but CJ was Grandpa's pride and joy. Grandpa loved him sooooo much and it really saddened me that he only saw him one time, two weeks before he died.

Ok, so now on with the main part that I want to share with everyone...

My mom moved back to Ohio when I was only 20 years old but me and my son stayed in WV. I liked it there but we would visit mom a lot, especially in the summer. When my son was 5 and we were visiting mom we went to a Clippers game at the stadium that Grandpa used to take me to. I was waiting in line for food and my son took off running. I left the counter and went after him but I lost sight of him in the crowd. In less than a minute I saw him again. I saw him walking toward me with his right arm in the air like he was holding the hand of an adult but nobody was there beside him. I picked him up and hugged him and asked if his arm was ok and he said yes and I asked him why he was holding it up. He said that he was holding his hand and he turned to point to someone but nobody was there. I asked whose hand and he said that he's not there. Again I asked whose hand, and my son said Grandpa Sam's. I think that Grandpa went to the game with us that day and he followed my son when he took off running and brought him back to me, safely.

When I was 26 I got married and when I was 27 we built a house together (I am 34 now). When we were moving in I was unpacking the master bathroom. Only me and husband were there. My son was at a friend's house. There was no music playing and the house was fairly quiet when I heard a man's voice coming from the master bedroom that said "Hey Dutchie". That's all he said. I walked in the bedroom and saw my husband in the living room and told him that I didn't think it is appropriate for him to call me that as only my Grandpa ever did. He had no idea what I was talking about. I told him and he said that I never told him about that nick name and when he said that I thought about it and did not remember ever telling him. This time I think that Grandpa just stopped by my new house to say hello.

These are the two most intense encounters I have had with Grandpa. But other things have happened also. When I am alone in the house I know that I am not actually alone. I smell cigar smoke (my Grandpa smoked cigars) and I do not allow smoking in my house. There have also been times when I have felt pressure around my body, almost like someone is hugging me, but nobody is there.

These things do not scare me at all. I am comfortable when these things happening and I feel at ease. I feel that he keeps me and my son safe. I think that he even saved my dogs life one time...I'll tell that story later.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Kimberly2375, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Kimberly2375 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-12)
Thanks everyone for your thoughts. I enjoyed sharing my story and it was nice to find out that I am not the only one who has a constant visitor.
Patch (3 stories) (91 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-11)
He's probably just looking over you and making sure you're alright.
It's good to have someone looking over you.

Thanks for sharing. ❤
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-11)
Lovely story.

I don't think your grandfather "wants something" if anything it is to watch over you and your family. It must be very comforting to have him around. Thanks for sharing
ParanormalReality (35 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-10)
Hi, thanks for posting your story. I believe that it was your grandpa who stopped by those times. A child wouldn't lie about something like that and your husband wouldn't either. Its a good thing that your grandpa still visits. And its a good thing that you feel comfortable about it. Thats very nice of your grandpa. Thanks again for posting.:)
Leanne (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-10)
😁 Your story touched me very much because I had a similiar experience with an uncle. Go to my profile and read "He Called Me Dintzie".
I believe you grandfather could be yours and maybe even your son's gaurdian angle.
He loves you very much and still wants to be part of your life. 😁❤
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-09)
I believe some spirits visit when needed. How long they can do this is up for debate. Some think it's only initially after death and then they just move onward. Some feel a spirit around for years while others only for a short time. I don't know if there is linear time on the other side but it does seem like they know when to intervene so maybe some concept of time is still there.
Wishes2810 (1 stories) (21 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-08)
I think your grandpa maybe protecting you, and your son. Have you ever thought of him being an angel? (Guardian angel) I mean you were so close, it maybe possible. I think he dosn't want to leave you, he still loves you very much.
wertona9 (3 stories) (14 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-07)
I think that if your grandfather was a good man, he is probably making sure you are safe, and trying to let you know that he still loves you as much as he did when he was alive. 😉
Anna84 (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-07)
I do understand that feeling... It happens to me exactly the same, my grandma always follows me around the house.
It makes me feel safe.
Your grandpa is just making sure that you are all right
😁
t3h_h0bbitz (4 stories) (18 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-07)
My mom has had a very similar experience. She was asleep one night when she heard my deceased grandfather call her name.
Kimberly2375 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-07)
I forgot to put this at the end of the story. Is it possible that he wants something from me? Should I ask him? Or could he just be there because we were so close when he was alive? Like I said, it doesn't bother me that he is around. I like having him around, he makes me feel safe.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: