You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Paralyzed Awake

Real Ghost Stories

Paralyzed Awake

 

I've been living in the same house for five years, in those five years a lot of paranormal things have happened, different doors opening fully and slamming shut while the doors had been previously closed fully. An unwelcome "guest" sits on my sister's bed across the room I sleep day or night. You can actually hear the springs contract and then you hear the spring let go as if a person just got up, this happens when no one is on that bed but. One time she was fixing her hair standing in front of her dresser a foot away from her, she just ignored it. I guess it's her way of dealing with it. But I have to say that the most frightening thing that's happened in this house had to be when I was paralyzed while awake.

It was today 5/12/09 before 5:17am. I had gone to sleep at about 3:35am I have trouble sleeping sometimes and watching TV doesn't help either, but I finally got to sleep praying before I laid down. Sometime later I had a feeling I had overslept so I opened my eyes because I didn't want to wake up late but then suddenly I felt my body get really heavy so I thought I was just tired I looked at the window I saw it wasn't even light outside I decided to just lay there because my body was still very heavy. I had my blanket over half my face, I was cold, then I realized I couldn't move my body no matter how hard I tried my body painfully tingled every time I tried, my eyes shut and all I saw was black and distorted images of white, gray and black.

I panicked and decided I was going to yell so my sister in the opposite room could wake up and come to my room but I couldn't open my mouth I could only move my head sideways and every time I tried to move I felt like I was being smothered with a blanket. I could still breath but very scarcely. All I could do was hear my thoughts in my mind so I started saying "go back to hell leave me alone" over and over again. That didn't really work then I started saying "dios es mi salvador el me salvara!"in Spanish (god is my saviour he will save me!) I was VERY angry by now I couldn't even move my head without not being able to breath since I was reading the bible before I had slept. I remembered to say that and the St. Michael verse over and over again. I was beginning to panic and frustrated I couldn't move a single finger.

After a while the heaviness was no more but my body still tingled and I felt very weak it seemed like forever but it was probably 5-10 minutes. When I finally was able to move and my body stopped tingling I got up looked at my clock it said 5:17am then I said a prayer out loud, laid back in my bed and the only reason I left my room at 5:36 was because I kept hearing footsteps on my ceiling (roof) I got up and left to go to my sisters room she was already awake by now I told her everything.

I became scared after she told me that that exact thing (except the tingling) has happened to her at least three times now. This was my first time and I hope my last.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, gmar, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

dreem (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-18)
I've had several episodes like that too, including hallucinations of faces. Voices and footsteps when no one was there. I researched sleep paralysis and found an article where it said it might be caused by salt depletion (exercising lots, night sweats etc.). After a night of two such very very scary episodes, when I finally could move again, I raced into the kitchen at 3 in the a.m., made myself a bunch of toast and poured salt on them, and ate as many as I could (til my mouth started to burn). Since then I've never had another one yet! That was over 3 years or so ago.
Ghostluver (4 stories) (123 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-16)
I really hope you never go through that again too! Hope you and your family are safe!
TheLightBeforeDawn (5 stories) (41 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-16)
One of my friends house is VERY haunted. They've had a minister in at least 3 times and the spirits have not gone away. The entire family has expirienced some thing of the sort of what you have. I would try sleeping with something religious under your pillow or your bed. A cross, bible, anything that reminds you of the Lord.

It seems to be working for my friends family so I would try it.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-15)
I know these occurances are terrifying, and I am not discounting the fact that there may be something paranormal occuring in you home, but the incident that happened when you wre asleep sounds like sleep paralysis. It is terrifying and does leave you shaken.

About the other occurances with the doors opening and closing, someone getting on the bed, etc. Tell 'it' to leave in the name of the Lord. Place across in each of the rooms, especially the bed rooms and continually tell it that it is not welcome in your home in the name of the Father.

Keep us posted,

God Bless!
sugarnjewrly (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-15)
The same exact thing happened to me a least five times. I was sleeping and suddenly it felt like someone dropped a big bag of rocks on my chest. It was very hard to breathe and everytime I tried opening my eyes, whatever was on top of me kept on forcing it shut. It was strange. Well I've done some research and this paralysis is often known as the "Old Hag Syndrome".

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: