You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Really Weird Ghost Events

Real Ghost Stories

Really Weird Ghost Events

 

I would like to tell you about some things that have been happening since my Grandfather passed away 2 years ago (Jan, 2007).

My grandmother has experienced a lot of things that cannot be explained by common sense since my Pop passed on. A few months after he passed away, my Nanny had something weird happen. It was late at night, about 11:25, and my grandmother was in her bedroom putting on her nightgown and getting ready for bed. She was ready to go to bed, so she walked over to the door and flipped off the light switch. The light went off. She walked over to her bed (slowly: she has had knee surgery and doesn't walk well).

She was at the edge of her bed, getting on the bed, when the light went back on. All by itself. She got upset and said "Now, why did that happen?" to herself. She went over, turned off the light, and was able to eventually fall asleep. I would say that it took about 10 seconds from when she flipped off the light switch to when she was at the edge of her bed and it went back on. I investigated the light switch the next time I visited her house. It is the kind of light switch that couldn't have possibly gotten stuck and then slipped and went back on. I spent minutes trying to see if that was possible, and it wasn't.

Another time, about 3 weeks ago from today (May 14th, '09), she experienced another event that could not be explained by logic. She was in her living room watching TV and her cat was lying on the floor a few feet away from her. You can see the wooden door that goes to the basement from the couch in the living room.

There was a commercial on the TV and she looked over at her cat. He was staring at the big, tall plant that sits next to the basement door. My Nanny looked over at the plant and after a few seconds, the whole plant shook. It wasn't a small, little shake where only a few leaves shook. The whole plant shook strongly all by itself. Her cat then ran down to the plant and just kept staring. Now, the front door is also right near the plant and the basement door, but the screen door and the regular door were closed, so it couldn't have been the wind.

I honestly believe all these events are being caused by my deceased Grandfather. He isn't trying to scare any of us, but I have a feeling that he may be trying to tell my Nanny something important. I think this because a lot of events started happening about a month after he passed away. They lasted for about 4 months, and then they stopped. Then nothing happened to my grandma for about 15 months. But now they started again. I think my Pop tried to tell her something, then gave up, but now he is trying again. I really wish that I could see or talk to my Pop. I have only experienced 1 or 2 of the 9 or 10 strange events that my Nanny has experienced. I was with her when those 1 or 2 phenomenons have happened.

So does anyone know if I can talk to or see my grandfather, and if so, how? I don't believe I have any physic abilities right now. I have never physically heard or seen a spirit, but I have felt them. I appreciate your patience for reading this long story, and please comment. Thanks so much.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, elculver, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Hawkgirl (6 stories) (55 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-27)
I understand what you're saying. My own grandfather has his ways of letting us know he's here. However, we spoke to an expert and she said that he only wants us to feel at ease, that he's OK and he will be there for us when we need him.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-27)
From what I have read the sound of ticking or clicking is a ghost trying to manifest. Maybe your grandfather just wants the recognition and validation that he is still present. Just like any living person I think if you talk to a spirit the way you would any other living person they listen. If it makes your grandmother uncomfortable maybe it's time to tell grand dad to move on. If there is something he has to say you can ask that as well but if you don't provide a means of communication don't expect much. Using a recorder or automatic hand writing could be a useful tool. Maybe all he wants your grandmother to know is that he's ok and is watching over her. Maybe she doesn't care for the idea and wants him to move on or maybe she's ok with him hanging around.
elculver (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-27)
CutishIvy...

Other than that ticking, I get no response to the questions I ask.
elculver (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-27)
CutishIvy...

Thanks for your help. I asked the ghost if he is here and can he hear me? I recorded sound for 37 seconds. I played it back and on the tape, I heard this ticking noise that was not there when I recorded it. It sounds exactly like a clock ticking, except there are no clocks in this room. The ticking was not there when I recorded it. Does this mean anything or do I just need a better tape recorder?
CutishIvy (47 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-27)
try the tape recorder, ask questions then have it played back.
Good luck
Ghostluver (4 stories) (123 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-26)
Wow. Interesting story. I think that it was your Grandfather, do you think you could try asking a priest to bless the house? Or maybe you could try talking to the ghost

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: