You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Message From Beyond

Real Ghost Stories

Message From Beyond

 

I had gone on vacation the summer of 2004 and my dad passed away in August of that 2004. I never got to say my last goodbyes. Time passed and strange things had been happening to my siblings in regards to my father. I, however, never encountered anything until late October of 2005.

My mother went away on vacation and left me alone for the first time. I didn't want to stay at home alone, being that my father died in the house, I was always spooked that he may appear on me. I decided to sleep over my girlfriend's house and every time I left my house, I made sure to close my bedroom door (a habit I have). I would stay the night then go to school and work and come back in the evening. When I got back to my place, I noticed my bedroom door was opened. At first, I thought I must have not shut the door properly so that night again, before I left, I packed my clothes and made sure I closed the door.

The following day I got back and again the door was opened. I thought I was going nuts, so I called my mom and told her what was happening. She kept telling me it could have been the wind that pushed the door open or that maybe I thought I had closed the door but really didn't. When I thought about the wind opening the door, it was an impossible task because there was no window near the door and those nights weren't that windy. The third night before I went to my girlfriend's house, I closed my bedroom door and to make sure I closed it right I pushed up against the door to see if it would open and nothing. I kept trying to open the door in different ways without touching the knob and it wouldn't budge and so this time I knew for sure the door was properly closed.

The following day I got back and again the door was opened! From then on, I knew someone or something was opening my door. I called my mom up again and told her what had happened. She told me it could have been my dad's spirit telling me something. At first, I didn't believe her until she asked me if I was doing anything my father wouldn't like me doing. As soon as she said that, it clicked. For one, my mother didn't know I was sleeping over my girlfriend's house and two, my father never liked me to sleep over anyone's house, he'd always say I had my own bed to sleep in, why sleep in someone else's.

That night, after I spoke to my mom, I decided to stay home and sleep there. I woke up and got ready to go to school and made sure again the door was closed. That evening, I got back and the door was still closed. My mom got back from her vacation and I tried it out with her and the door kept closed. Ever since I stopped sleeping over, the door incident also stopped. I guess my dad didn't want me sleeping over and opening my bedroom door was his way of telling me that I had my own bed to sleep in.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

Thedreamer (1 stories) (34 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-12)
I think he is trying to tell you that just becaues he is gone that does not mean you can do anything you want! You know how dads are 😉

❤ Selinda ❤
Fran (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-06)
What a sweet story, well your dad obviously still wants you to know he is around, you'll just have to have your girlfriend sleep at your house from now on... Unless he wouldn't approve of that either. Very touching.
Mathy (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-06)
Your dad is still loving you even after his death. He must be a wonderful soul. Anyhow, I like your story much. The story is simply meaningful and touching... Have nice day!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: