You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Dark Robed Night Visiters

Real Ghost Stories

Dark Robed Night Visiters

 

My experience happened from the age of 3 to 7 in the early 1980's. I lived in an old mobile home park in South Sacramento, CA. From a very young age I remember seeing dark robed figures. I could only see them at night when I was in bed. I would hear a whispering sound in my ears that only became louder the closer the figures got to my room. They wore long, dark robes with hoods. They looked 6 feet tall. Their face was covered with only their eyes showing. They did not look like human eyes. They were small and very bright. When I saw the figures I couldn't move or speak. I was terrified at first. Two of them would visit me. They would sometimes appear by my bedroom door or at my bed side with their arms out. I saw them many times during a four year time frame. Even though I experienced this many years ago, I still remember vividly how they looked and the sounds I would hear before I would see them. My parent's moved to a new house in 1984 and I have not seen the dark figures since then.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

pierre-moz (1 posts)
 
2 years ago (2022-08-10)
i had this happen lots when I was a kid about 8 years old, I was havin a tough time then had an encounter with a boy on my stairs who looked like a negative photograph, then not long after they showed up at night for months, the chantering noise like someone chanting but whispered chanting, reading strange books while stood all around my bed they didn't go when I moved either, browny red robes with hoods over there heads about 3-4 feet tall, busy movements. I felt they helped me control my emotions at the time.
ruelue (1 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-31)
I experienced the same, I woke up and saw the figure standing in the doorway of my room... It just continued down the hall. I have no idea why, but I got out of bed and tried to follow it. I walked and looked but saw nothing... I started back to my room and I just had a weird feeling, like I was being watched... When I turned around there it was, towering over me... This dark hooded robe. No hands, feet, face or eyes. I was terrified, so scared I couldn't move or breathe. Then, suddenly I just felt calm & peaceful. & heard in the calmest voice "go back, I will get you when it's time". I went back to bed and slept well. I have never seen that thing again... And I am so puzzled by it.
pam (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-30)
can you move at all because it could be you tring to get back into your own body
Paul (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-09)
I had a common experience while on a holiday in the states. Unable to fathom I felt paralyzed. God has guided me strong.
Carla (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-09)
I had a similar experience happen to me when I was a youger child. It usually happened after I fell asleep and was woken up by this entities force. I was unable to move. It happened for a couple of months and then one more time after I was a teenager. My experience happened while living in the UK. Praying worked for me. Do not feel alone. I have never forgotten what happened and think almost daily of it!
Chris (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-09)
You know what you should ask them what do they want next time and pray to God for protection always works

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: