You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Dreams Become A Reality

Real Ghost Stories

Dreams Become A Reality

 

I was about three years old when I had a strange dream. The next morning my grandmother (My great grandmothers daughter) came over and while I was eating my breakfast I told my grandmother" I hope nana's up for the journey" shrugging it off as a silly little remark my mother grandmother and I got on as normal. The next morning my great-grandmother died.

My mother asked me what had happened in my "dream" and I told her, my mother told my grandmother and then got passed through the family.

In my dream my great grandmother came to me in a dream and told me she was going on a journey. My family now think that she told me because I was young and she loved me dearly and because I was little I wouldn't know about ghosts and spirits and so it wouldn't scare me.

I also told my mother another thing that she was sitting on my bed and holding my hand. My dear great-grandmother is still sadly missed and is in our thoughts always. I believe that she was warning the family so they would be prepared for her passing, but nothing can prepare you for the death of a family member and even though I didn't understand what death was I still cried at the thought that she would never come back.

She has never communicated with me again after her passing. Recently my last grand-dad died and we have had 3 white feathers, one in our conservatory, one I found in the downstairs bathroom and one flying past my grandmothers back door when there was no wind.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, dancer2396, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

chingvang559 (42 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-04)
In my culture, Hmong, we take dreams seriously. Whenever someone comes in your dream and tell you that they are leaving, then it is not good. Or when people come and ask you if they can take/ borrow this person, say no and don't let them take that person because it means they came to take their soul.
4d (15 stories) (167 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-01)
Dreams are awesome aren't they!?! It could be a connection to a person in the spirit world, or it could just be an over sensitivity to someone close to you. Great story, thanks for sharing. 😁 Aloha - 4d
ZackandChelsea_forever (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-01)
That was a pretty incredible story. I'm sorry for your loss, though. ❤

-Chelsea

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: