You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: It Was His Last Goodbye

Real Ghost Stories

It Was His Last Goodbye

 

I love reading the accounts on here so I thought I would share my experience, I really enjoy them especially the sweet ones about loved ones saying goodbye. I really do hope the people who have them could share them.

My Grand-dad had passed away on the sixth of April 2009. I'm not a believer in spirits and ghost until I had this experience. It's not a big experience but it sure affected me and the way I think of spirits.

It was a few days before the funeral and I couldn't sleep so I was talking to my friend online until 5 am I was still wide awake then. I couldn't have imagined it. I was talking to my friend about my Grand-dad and how it's still hard to accept that he's gone and how much of a brave man he was, I was of course in tears.

Around 4am I felt something brush against my face, it was cold and it definitely was not one of my cats, it dried my face a bit. All of a sudden all I could smell was what my grand-dad smelt of. At first I was really scared but after overcoming the shock it made me happy to think he is still here for me when I'm upset.

I didn't have another experience after the funeral; I suppose he must have been in limbo before the funeral.

Do you think it was him?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Bean, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

buddyless5432 (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-23)
Hey bean,

I too have a similar experience. My grandfather passed away on june 28th, 2005, almost four years ago, going on five. On the day of his passing, when I heard the news I didn't believe it. I thought I was dreaming since had seen him the night before. Given he was hospitalized and hooked up with tubes and I.Vs out the a$$, I still couldn't believe he would have passed away without saying bye to me. On the morning that he passed away we all had gone to my aunts house for mourning. The house we were in is a one floor, two room house. Sort of like a ranch house, but really small.

Upon walking through the front door, you are standing in the kitchen, from the kitchen you can walk straight into a bedroom/ den, and if you walk to the right from the kitchen you hit another bedroom. I was standing in the kitchen looking forward, into the bedroom.den when I saw him sitting on the couch with my mom and aunts. From left to right it went my aunt, my mom, a blank seat, my grandma, and my last aunt sitting on the arm of the chair. I was standing at the door way of the bedroom when I saw him. He was sitting directly in between my aunt and my grandmother, with his arms around both of them. My family is from Ecuador, so in our house and in our relatives house we only speak spanish to each other. When I was graced with the presence of the grandfather, I saw him clean cut, no whiskers on his face, no beard, no nothing. He was in his favorite cashmere sweater, with a argil design of red and black. As I stood there I heard him say, "Estoy en paz. No lloar por mi, estoy bein, y feliz. Digale a todos, que no me lloran por mi, por que estoy en paz sin suffriendo, no dolor or nada. Etsoy sentando con el hijo de dios."

Translation" Dont cry for me, I am at peace. I am happy, and doing well. Please tell everyone else not to cry for me for I am happy. I am no longer suffering, in pain or anything, I am sitting here, next to the son of god. (Jesus).
This all in spanish in his raspy voice. I will never forget this because in the moment, I felt overcome with a sense of peace and joy knowing that he was happy. It was a life changing event, because at the wake, my cousin lauren, too had a similar experience, where she too was told the same exact thing, word for word.

Be happy that your gpa is watching over you to make sure your life is ok. Whenever times are hard, or your felling crummy, just remember your grandpa is watching you. Honestly if I could hold my grandpa one last time and tell him thanks for everything for helping me cope with his passing. Your mom was giving you a sign to let you know that no matter what happens she will be there to help walk you through anything no matter how difficult. Keep your head on straight and always smile, remember your grandpa is watching you. He never wants to see you cry. Because form what I have learned, there is peace in the end, no matter how bad things are for the person who lost the loved ones.

I hated the thought of being happy that my grandpa passed away, but it was a happiness because he wasn't suffering, he wasn't living of off tubes (Feeding tubes, or I.V's), or have to have a machine do the breathing for him. As he told me he was at peace, sitting next to god/jesus, I can only assume your grandpa is doing the same.

The connection that you and your grandfather had will never fade, he will always care, love, watch, and take of you, even if he isn't physically there.

~Christian ~
moonshadow (3 stories) (146 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-07)
First of all I wish you my deepest sympthey on the passing of your grand dad but he will allways be with you. My mother passed on a year and a half back and iam living in the house now and have had a few experiances I had one similer to yours while my mother was in hospital just days before she she passed on I could feel her presence in the kitchen and like you I could smell her and the lovely fresh smell she allways had it is said that a persons spirit often travels around a bit before the final parting that night certinaly proved that for me... Love your story and may peace be with you...
KatieChan (3 stories) (63 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-03)
Yep it was him. I believe he is still watching over you even though he died. He must really loved you and you'll always be in his heart! Good luck and God Bless! ❤ KatieChan
Cholulteca (148 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-02)
Yeap, I do believe they still around, if not "here" all the time, they are able to pay us a visit from time to time =) 😊
ZackandChelsea_forever (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-02)
This sounds a lot like the experience a friend of mine had after his friend's friend had committed suicide. He told me he felt her presence. It doesn't seem uncommon at all, so yes, it probably was him trying to cheer you up.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: