You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Was It A Dream Or Real?

Real Ghost Stories

Was It A Dream Or Real?

 

I had a weird dream a few days ago and would like some answers as to what it was exactly, because I am not entirely sure it was just a dream! I am hoping someone can answer my questions. I am not sure anyone will believe me, but I am hoping someone helps me. I am desperate, and afraid. I am really confused, but I will try to explain the dream as best I can;

I was at the bus stop and it started to rain. I didn't have any idea why I was there or what I was doing and I didn't have an umbrella or anything. I didn't recognize my surroundings at all. I was holding a piece of paper in my hand that had my name on it, the right upper corner if I remember correctly. I tried to read the words below but it was in a really old form of cursive, much like the 1800's style, and it was written with a quill pen so I couldn't read any part of it past my name (which I had trouble deciphering). Just as I was trying to look at it closer a strong wind blew it out of my hand and I tried to catch it but couldn't. Then all of a sudden this guy shows up out of nowhere. He had on a long trench coat (since it was cold and raining I guess) and brownish blond hair. I couldn't see his eyes at first, but after the next wind blew I saw that they were red.

He caught the paper and was holding it out to me with a closed fist. I took it quietly, honestly afraid for some reason. I don't know why but I had an uneasy feeling about him. Then the bus pulled up and he got on, I was so stunned that I couldn't move, and the bus driver asked "Hey, You, You getting on or what?" I don't know why but for some reason I said, "No, I don't think I should." He said alright and closed the door and sped away. I looked on for a while, not sure of what exactly happened. Then I started to walk home, where ever it was I had no idea, and I didn't know what direction to go in or anything. Then as I stopped at a crosswalk about a little ways away from the bus stop and the encounter there I saw the same stranger standing on the opposite side of the walkway.

As I walked by him he paused and I paused and he smiled. I tried to thank him but couldn't get any words out of my mouth because I was too afraid again. I was stunned. He kept walking and as he finished passing me I saw he had what looked to be either ears or horns. Either way, he wasn't human. I quickly turned around to get a better look and he was gone. Then all of a sudden I was watching the surroundings fade and a voice was whispering to me, "Are you scared? If you are, you can look away. Either way, I'm always here.

Well?" At first I thought it was part of the dream then I realized my eyes were open and for a moment I could almost smell what I thought to be rain. I couldn't move and thought I was imagining things. I blinked and the smell faded, I sat up in my bed and looked around. I was clammy all over and my hair was matted and my eyes were wild. I swallowed and my throat was really dry. Then I heard the voice say "Farewell, until the next." And I distinctly heard footsteps trailing away, hard and heavy, just like a guy's. I was so scared I screamed and reached for the bible above my bed. I sat there hugging it to my chest until my mother came in and comforted me. She asked what was wrong and I told her. She didn't believe me, but she did say she thought she heard someone or something go up to the attic though. She dismissed it as just being mice.

I have no idea what it all means, but it was definitely more than a dream. I am no longer afraid, but curious as to whom the stranger might be, and why there was an empty piece of paper left on my dresser, which I do not remember putting there. If anyone has any ideas, I'd really appreciate and like to know them!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Georgia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Twilightkiss, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

sterhawk123 (1 stories) (28 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-09)
it's just a piece of info I got from a pschic, a gardian angel is visable the way it's easiest for you to understand same goes for his/hers name
flamewithin (57 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-11)
dont provoke it. It could be a demon wanting you to be courios and seek it out. Leave it be and pray for your angel to protect you.
KatieChan (3 stories) (63 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-04)
That was an interesting dream you had there. It looks like he is watching you. If I were you I would keep an eye on him just in case. Maybe its a guardian of some sort. I don't know. Thanks for sharing and God Bless! ❤ KatieChan
4d (15 stories) (167 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-04)
THAT WAS CRAZY! Your story gave me the goose pimples! I'd like to thank you for sharing and God bless you as you uncover your mystery, Aloha - 4d ❤
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-04)
What you described sounds like classic sleep paralysis coupled with hormones and teen sexual frustration. This is no reflection on you as an individual I'm simply stating a general explanation for these kinds of dreams. Kinetic energy also plays a part in what may seem like poltergeist activity when in reality it's the teen that is producing the phenomenon. Some think spirits are attracted to high energy and most teens and children have an abundance of this kind of energy. There are people that claim to have a sexual relationship with an other worldly entity and maybe this is the way the dillusion starts and takes hold. Once again I am not personally talking about you but this phenomenon in general.
Julles_And_RatsDogsAndFrogs (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-03)
Oh wow that is difficult for ME to decide, and I really wonder because people don't usually feel fear in dreams. It is a little hard to imagine a new place in a dream, too, unless it is animated or unreal.

I think maybe a guardian angel or something noticed fear, and you... Maybe were sleepwalking to the bus stop? You describe it as too real to be a dream. I think maybe your guardian angel knew danger was on the way and brought you back to your bed. He left to the attic to take off and fly somewhere. Maybe one of the men you saw were spirits and that was their guardian angel.

Unless it WAS a dream but the angel knew you would have these questions and told you that he/she will always be there for you even though there may have been nothing to be scared of at this point. It may have been that is was raining outside.
minx69 (6 stories) (26 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-02)
Wow, very interesting I must say. I would be curious to know, I am about mt own dreams. Maybe you shoud soend the night in your atttic? See if anything happens. And remember just because it looks evil dosnt mean it is. Take care.
Sqweeky1297 (30 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-02)
go up to the attic and see if anything up there and if there isn't then sign your name up in the corner and keep it by your bedside and see what happens from there. But that might of been a fallen angel trying to do something good for the last time before he goes to hell.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-02)
I am not so sure that I would think of him as a spirit guide, other wise I would not think you would have the feelings of dread or fear.

Tell 'it' to leave and not come back if it is not of the Lord, that it is not welcome there. This will tell you for sure.

Where there any events leading up to this encounter, eother positive or negative?

Thanks for sharing!

God Bless!
Jitow (362 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-02)
If there is such a thing as a spiritual guide I do not think that it would have horns, red eyes and pointy ears. My advice is not to be curious, that is what it wants. Even if you have to go back to being scared by all means do not be curious. It wants you to talk to it which means that you are voluntarily inviting it into your life, at which point you will not be able to rid yourself of it. Remember this is not a person but an it. I would highly reccommend that instead of clutching your Bible to your chest, reading it daily and believing God's word and you won't see it again and that is what you should be hoping for anyway, not another dream like the one you just had.
Twilightkiss (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-02)
Yes, Link21, I have, mostly in the attic and there is a clawing noise about my room around 2:00 each morning, when I say for it to stop, it stops and I hear more footsteps going from my room to the hallway.

Thank you so much for the comment, I do hope you are right! ❤
link21 (7 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-02)
I myself think that the man that you saw was a spiritual guide or a guardian either way its most likely not a bad entity. Have you seen or heard the man at all after that? I would really like to know. 😁

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: