You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Boarding School

Real Ghost Stories

Boarding School

 

A couple of years ago (2006-2007) I was studying in a boarding school, which was right across the other side of the country. This boarding school used to be an old hospice, mostly used to treat those who'd fought against the Germans after WWII, but I'm certain whether the grounds are older, since whatever's present there was not from this century. The boarding school was located on the edge of a forest with a 4-kilometre walk to the town.

Now, me and a friend of mine were both interested in the paranormal (me being a believer and my friend being a little sceptic), had heard rumours of the school or the school grounds being more or less haunted. One of the students claimed hearing weird noises, others were ready to use a Ouija board to find out what's going on there (a thing I advised them not to, yet they did it anyway - a story I might submit later), some claimed that 'something' was residing in a specific part of the school and that's what I'll tell about.

Me and my friend were in a specific part of the school, it was the library and some classrooms that was located there, it was early night and we were just chatting and having some fun when all the lights went out at the same time. First we reckoned that it must be because of trouble with the electricity, but when we looked out in the hall - nothing was wrong.

We just kept on talking and having fun until the fire door (a large heavy steel door) slammed. Both my friend and me tried to open it without success; it was as if someone held the door closed. Then the lights began to flicker and it became really cold. It felt to me as if someone gripped me from behind and breathed into my ears and both my friend and me heard the sound of bells (this said, there was 21⁄2 kilometres to nearest church and it sounded as if the bells was very close)... We finally managed to open the fire door and it all stopped. But since that episode the lights never worked and there was always cold in that part of the school.

Later that week I went to the local library to research some stuff about the town, revealing that the grounds where the boarding school is located was used to bury those who weren't allowed in holy ground (fx suicide victims, murderers, victims of the Black Death (plague), dead children who weren't baptized and so forth). I took this as an explanation to some of the many weird things that happened there.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Kaldaka, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

michrobe (3 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2009-11-01)
That's creepy! It sounds like that show a haunting! That was definitely an evil spirit that did that. Maybe a murderer.
AshleyHalliwell (4 stories) (100 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-06-16)
Dude, that would be an extremely creepy place to go to school. I do hope that you sumbit the story about the Ouija Boards because in my head I can almost see what will happen. Anyways I'm glad that whatever is there didn't try to hurt anyone.
Ghostluver (4 stories) (123 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-06-07)
wow. That IS REALLY scary. Dang, I think they should bless the school. I really hope you are safe and well.
AnGeLHeArT (5 posts)
-2
15 years ago (2009-06-07)
Wow!I don't think that is really the truth about the boarding school, in those days, (WW11, etc) if you were not baptized (Means if you don't get holy water as you were born) you die, better stick with both information, (Mine & yours) Cya! And thanks SO much for sharing! I'm loving it so far!

AnGeLHeArT ❤
princess123 (7 stories) (186 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-06)
wow that is scary, what happened after that episode? Did you go home or stay?

Princess123 x ❤
Magcargo (10 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-06-06)
At its location no wonder its haunted. Pretty scary. Great story.
Thanks for sharing.
Nor_Cal_Girl (3 stories) (97 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-06-06)
wow! That's a pretty scary place to build a boarding school on top of! I'm glad that you and your friend got out of there okay, is your friend a believer now?

Thanks for sharing!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: