You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: The Visit

Real Ghost Stories

The Visit

 

I have been visiting this site for a while now and really enjoy reading the stories. There have been a number of ghostly encounters that have happened to me since I was a child that I would love to share with all of you. The first story is as follows:

In the late 70's when I was around 4 years old, my parents and I moved into a three family house. We rented the apartment on the third floor. There were no elevators in the house so that was 3 flights of stairs up and down every day. The front door opened up into the living room, to the left of the living room was my parent's bedroom, and then off that room was a spare room. If you stood with your back to my parents bedroom to your right was my bedroom and to the left was the doorway to the kitchen. (I hope I described that ok) So from my bedroom I was able to see a part of the living room where my father had his speakers and stereo equipment set up, and the doorway to the kitchen.

One night I woke up and was really thirsty, being only 4 I called for my mother. She got up walked from her bedroom through the living room and into the kitchen. I was sitting up in bed waiting for her to bring me a glass of water and all the lights were off accept for the night light my mother used to keep on in the kitchen. As I was waiting, something caught my eye between my father's stereo system and the wall that separated my bedroom and the living room. I watched as a man stepped out from that space turned his head and leaned into the doorway of my room to look at me. At first I thought the man was real, and said Uncle Johnny is that you? I asked this because this man looked like my uncle, he was thin with a long face and beard. Then the man opened his mouth and looked like he was talking, but there was no sound. At this point I started to notice the man disappearing. I remember being frozen not knowing what to do; I couldn't even call out to my mother who was only a room away. All I did was throw myself back down on the bed and put the covers over my head.

My mom came into my room with the glass of water, and said what are you doing? Get up, here is your water. I asked her... Is the man still there? She said what man, you must be dreaming. I said no mom he was standing right there staring at me. She didn't believe me and went back to bed. Ever since then I slept with the covers over my head. More things occurred in that apartment after that first experience, which I will post at another time. However, I think I know who that man was.

I never knew my grandfather on my father's side because he left his family when my father was a kid. My father is the oldest of four boys: Stan (my dad), Bobby, George, and Johnny. My grandfather was in Vietnam and when he came back his mind was never the same. I heard that he went out one day and just never came back. My father saw him only one more time after that and all my grandfather said to him was... Get a haircut. Years passed, my parents got married and had me. After I was born, we are not sure when, word got back to my father that his father had passed away. Remember when I asked "Uncle Johnny is that you"? One day I was going through old photographs with my mother and saw a picture of my grandfather before he went off to war, I was both shocked and surprised to see that the man in the picture was the same man that visited me that night. I said mom, this is him this is the man I saw. My mother just looked at me and then she said, I can see why you thought it was uncle Johnny because he looks just like him.

That was my first experience, I hope you enjoyed it.

Other hauntings by cosmogal926

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, cosmogal926, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-31)
Hi mustang, LOL I like your analogy πŸ˜† You are right though, he appeared to me the way he looked in life. I think he did that so when I described him to my father he would know exactly who it was. So not only to come see me but to assure my father that he did come back after all those years. Thank you for your comment. 😊 ❀
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-25)
Hi cosmogal926~ It does appear that it was your Grandfather visiting you. If it looks like a duck, and acts like a duck, then IT'S a duck. What I'm trying to say is that if it looked just like him, then it had to be him. He never got to meet you when he was alive so he came to see you in his afterlife. I'm sure he has visited you on other occasions, you were probably just unaware of it. His presence could be what woke you up and then you just realized, after the fact, that you were thirsty. It's a little scary, especially when your little, to see something like that. It's fear of the unknown that is scary. But it's nice to know that our loved ones are watching over us even after death.
Thank you for sharing.

SHELBY ❀ 😊
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-20)
Hi rpbonvie, thank you for the comment. It really was quite an experience for me. I was scared as a child to see that, but now I kind of feel lucky in a way to have been visited by him. My father said to me that his youngest brother Johnny was the only one who looked like their father and believes that he came to see his first born grandchild before he crossed over. 😊
rpbonvie (1 stories) (6 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-10-19)
I really enjoyed that. Thanks for sharing it. I too have never met my paternal grandfather as he died way before I was born. I would love to see him like that...
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-04)
Hey aussie, (Darren) LOL good to know your real name. Thanks for your comment. I'm sorry I just saw this now. I agree with you. Our loved ones who have passed look in on us from time to time to make sure we are ok.
Thanks again, and God Bless
Jenn 😊
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-17)
I can relate to your story Cosmogal, our parents and grand parents watch over us, "thats for sure" and your story was confirmed and validated by the photo, God bless you girl.
Darren😊
Nor_Cal_Girl (3 stories) (97 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-06)
What a cool story, your grandfather must have just wanted to see how things were going for his family he left behind. Maybe he felt bad or something.

Thank you for sharing your story!
Magcargo (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-06)
wow it could be your grandfather. He might just be checking up on you. Anyway Great Story. Cant wait to hear your other stories. 😁

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: