You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: The Fire Alarm, Tv And My Bedroom Light

Real Ghost Stories

The Fire Alarm, Tv And My Bedroom Light

 

As many of you are probably aware, on May 22nd I went to see Derek Acorah at his live show in Kettering. It was an amazing experience and the following events are what I believe linked to what happened. Even though none of my relatives came through to Derek Acorah, I definitely felt at peace. At the end of the show, Derek said; "All of the spirits here tonight, whether they managed to contact you or not, are following you home. I can guarantee that you will all experience something paranormal before the bank holiday is over," so I was going to look out for signs.

Bank holiday Monday had arrived and I had no signs from any of my dead relatives, but then I wasn't sure whether they had been with Derek or not. So I went to bed that night, a little disappointed, but I knew that my relatives would still be looking out for me. However, it was nearly midnight and I was awoken by the fire alarm ringing. I sat up and heard my dad and mum say; "what the...?" and then the fire alarm stopped. My dad got out of bed to check that everything was ok, and it was.

Now, we have two fire alarms in our house, both of the same make, one is upstairs and one is downstairs and it was the upstairs one that went off. I was pondering about why it had gone off; if there was a fire, the one downstairs would've gone off as well, and if it was the battery it was meant to keep beeping. No one could have pushed the button (it's really hard to push too) because we were all in bed and there was definitely no smoke around. Then I thought of what Derek Acorah had said; maybe it was my Nan, granddad, great gran or great granddad-just to say goodbye. My parents agree with me on this one.

At the moment, I am studying for my GCSE's (at the time of writing I have 2/16 left to go!) and am under a lot of pressure and I guess I am a bit stressed. It was also my 16th birthday on June 5th, a birthday that my Nan really wanted to be around for.

On June 3rd I was sitting in my room around 9:20 watching 'The Apprentice' when all of a sudden my TV switched off to standby. Normally, I have to push a button on my TV set or on my remote to turn it off. I was sitting a few meters from my TV and my remote was above my head. When I turned it on, it came back effortlessly.

Then on June 4th about 10:15 I was just getting into my bed to go to sleep; it was my birthday the next day and I had a dreaded ICT exam so I was actually a bit glum. I have a blue star-shaped bedside light fixed on my wall that is a pain because you have to flick the switch really hard to get it to turn on or off. As I went to turn it off, the bright light dimmed, fizzled and went out and then came back on suddenly. Just to check that it wasn't anything serious, I turned it off and then on again myself and everything was fine.

It wasn't until the next morning, my birthday, I realised that it could've been my Nan. I was over the moon that she had visited, even though I wasn't 100% sure.

My exam went as good as it could've done and the rest of the day was amazing, and I totally believe my Nan and Granddad made it that extra bit special.

So I guess Derek Acorah was right:)

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, laurenemmam, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

cutechoy (42 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-09)
i think you should name it,"my visiting relatives". Isn't that great? It is more shorter... 😁 😁
curtis354 (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-03)
i know this has nothing to do with te story but my tv changes channel when I'm at scool I need help.
lioncat97 (2 stories) (67 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-23)
I'd be creeped out.You are very brave. 😁 I wish I could be that brave.Looking forward to seeing more of your work.
laurenemmam (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-13)
Oooh and even better, I was looking through all the photos that me and my friends took at my birthday and a lot of them have orb-like things floating around me.
Definately my nan I would say:)
Xxx
laurenemmam (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-12)
Thanks for the ideas:)
I will check them out!
Although my dad did check the fire alarms in the morning and there was nothing wrong.
My light still works like now and I haven't touched it since it went all funny.
But thanks anyway
Xxx
Sergeant (3 stories) (98 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-12)
I have no way of knowing if your experience was sprit activity. You're right- the two smoke detectors are usually tied together and may have been a malfunction.

If a light bulb (Especially incandescent) isn't screwed in all the way or other issues the bottom connection of the bulb can arc, causing a sizzling sound and the result is a dimming light that may go out or even back on.

I would investigate those possible ideas.
laurenemmam (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-12)
Hey!
I shall keep you posted don't worry!:)
I'm glad that you liked my account though and the fact that I'm not the only one who thinks it was some friendly spirits:)
The only annoying part was that the fire alarm gave me such a fright! Lol!:)
Xxx
Composerman (33 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-11)
Excellent account. It's often the little signs that spirit wants us to notice, that we probably all too often dismiss as coincidence. Let us know if you have any more experiences like this, and maybe keep a diary of events that occur that are 'out of the ordinary'.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: