You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ghost Hunting :: The Mysterious White House

Real Ghost Stories

The Mysterious White House

 

I live in a small town in Limburg, the Netherlands. In this town there's this house, and every time I came past it I was just drawn to it. The house has been empty for as long as I can remember and it wasn't in the best state anymore. I never understood why, because it would be a beautiful house if you put a little effort into it.

I tried looking through the windows sometimes what gave me the idea that something terrible must have happened there. You could see the stairs through the front door, and all the steps were collapsed in the middle. The wallpaper in every room was ripped from the walls and so were the curtains. That was what I could see from the front of the house.

Then one day I and my best friend decided to check out the rest of the house. We walked to the right side of the house (it's partially attached to another house) and there were some sort of garages or work rooms. Although the only tools that appeared to be in there were an axe, a scythe and a wheelbarrow. We searched for a door that we could open so we could get inside. None of the doors opened, but behind the house was this little building where the doors were taken out so you could walk right in.

Inside the house we couldn't believe what we saw, it was fall and in that time of year there are spiders and insects everywhere. Inside the house we couldn't find any! It's like they were scared away from it for some reason. There were also weird stains on the walls. It could have been blood, but it could also be coffee or just old water stains. It's hard to tell when you're about 15 years old and definitely not an expert in that area.

We came into the backyard and there was a white plastic table whit similar chairs standing against it. The chairs were tilted so they were standing on 2 of 4 legs, but since the house has been empty for at least 15 years it wasn't possible that the chairs were still standing. With some of the storms we had around that time the chairs should be lying around on the floor. There was also a rack for wine bottles, with still about 10 bottles inside.

We continued into the house, still no insects or spiders were found, not even a spider's web. Some of the sockets were completely burned, but around it there was no trace of a fire. Though there were also these weird stains. The next thing we noticed was that the rooms that didn't have windows were a lot brighter then the ones that did have windows. It should be the other way around, how can it be lighter when there is no source for light?

We decided not to go upstairs or downstairs, because we didn't bring a flashlight. The entrance of the basement looked very dark so without a flashlight there was no point to go there. The stairs of the basement looked the same as the ones that went upstairs as far as we could see. I could be really dangerous to walk those stairs and we didn't want to get stuck inside. We got a really eerie feeling when we stood in the basement entrance. It felt like something really didn't want us there so we decided to leave the house immediately.

After that I felt as though I was being watched for the rest of the day and even a few days afterwards. We wanted to go back again, but this time a little more prepared. Unfortunately, after we came back from a school camp the next week, the house was torn down. At least most of it, the basement was still there and one of the very dark rooms with a window.

This all happened about four years ago, and up to this day the dark room is still there. They have filled up the basement and placed white gravel on the ground. There are some chairs placed randomly onto the gravel and there's a fence with a gate. But since the gates are never opened I wonder why they placed those chairs.

I don't know for sure if this qualifies as a ghost story, but it really felt as though we weren't alone there. Like there was this history that still needed to be figured out...

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Danjirox, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

wolfv3s (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-31)
Hoi. This story is very interesting indeed. I wonder why they only partially torn the house down. Hmm did you try to search the internet for facts about the house? Maybe a murder scene took place and there must be some documents left about it right?
Danjirox (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-17)
Hmm those are both very good points and ideas...
My friend said yesterday that she wanted to research the papers too. Maybe she also knows some older people that might know something... It would be at least a start:)
I tried the internet just now, but all I could find was informaton about diesel and gas that would be very cheap 🤔
Maybe I'm not searching right... Does anyone know the best way to search for something like that?
triscint (1 stories) (31 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-16)
If you want to know the history of the house don't go to people for answers if it's to horrific they will not tell you the whole truth. Google the address or search though local newspaper. Call me paranoid but if I was you don't let anyone but your best friend find out that your researching. 😐
libertybelle (14 stories) (207 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-16)
Danjirox, I think you're on the right track by wanting to research the house.

Also, have you tried talking to older folks in your neighborhood about the house? One of them might be able to tell you something; if they've lived there long enough, you might be able to get the whole story, which you can then check against the newspapers.

I, for one, would be very interested in your findings. I'm a history nut who really enjoys looking into old mysteries. I particularly enjoy how closely the legends/rumors match up with the facts--or often don't!

Love, Joy, and Peace!

❤ ❤ ❤
Danjirox (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-16)
Yes I thought so too, but we went to a school camp 2 days after we visited the house and when we came back it was already half torn down...😢
Its'a few years ago now and still that one room is standing there...
Maybe I could check the library for old newspapers... You never know what you find 😕
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-15)
Have you try go back there and see what's up with it and maybe find out what going on that house before it's tear it down mayb like murder or some reason that cause the blood stain like you say something not want you and your best friend there may had been a murder sence.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: