You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Attempted Possession Or Sleep Paralysis

Real Ghost Stories

Attempted Possession Or Sleep Paralysis

 

As you can tell from my title I'm not sure whether I experienced what's known as 'sleep paralysis' or if it was something far more sinister.

So here's how it went down. Yesterday, the 14th, I was up all night from studying for finales and it was midnight so I figured I'd give it a rest for the night and go to sleep. I decided to lay on my back that night, which is unusual for me because I hate sleeping on my back, but I felt an impulse to so I did. I had been reading a bit about sleep paralysis that day so maybe subconsciously I was getting into the position that most people are in when they experience it? I'm not sure, it was like a magnetic pull to sleep on my back.

So anyways the weirdest thing happened. I felt myself drifting off to sleep and then instantly I fell asleep I also woke up. It was like the two events were simultaneous. I don't really know how to describe it. It felt so surreal. So anyway I was awake (again?) when I felt this rushing going through my body. It felt like someone had injected me with a drug and I could feel it working its way through my system. I felt the rushing go from my head, down to my toes and back up. I got so freaked out. I opened my eyes and my vision was so hazy that I couldn't see a thing. I tried to move my fingers and realized I couldn't so I freaked out. I didn't feel any pressure on me although I did feel as though something was watching me; like it was waiting for something.

I tried to talk then scream, but all that came out of my throat were these weird choking/gurgling noises. Then I figured that if I could move my neck sharply to the side I would be released. I started praying to the Gods and Goddesses for protection and strength (I'm Wiccan) and I tried to move my neck. The third time I got it and was released.

A few nights back I had an encounter with something that could've been good or it could've been evil; I'm still not sure. I wrote about it; it's called Crystal Contact with my Spirit Guide. But I was thinking could it be Dex, the spirit I contacted a few nights ago, or could it be sleep paralysis or something else entirely. It hasn't happened again, but then again I didn't sleep on my back again so...

Other hauntings by AshleyHalliwell

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Connecticut

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, AshleyHalliwell, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

IDrawOnMyself (2 stories) (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-21)
Something similar happened to me too, I have it posted on mine. I too was sleeping on my back, I'm still not sure what it was.
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-18)
I hate to sleep on my back, I like to sleep on my side way cause it's comftable and yes I sometimes get feeling being watch too but nothing there when I look.
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-18)
I hate to sleep on my back I always sleep on side way cause it's comfortable. So it's best sleep on side way.
scorpi266 (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-17)
Astral catalepse, very common, you caught yourself leaving your body. Here is a youtube video post of explaining astral catalepse. Http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtRZTsuUaTc
Orbs in pictures are angels, spirits/enities/ ghost are more misty looking in photographs.
Ghostluver (4 stories) (123 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-17)
like EPTX, I am very sorry that that creepy thing happened to you. If you ever want to talk you can just email me. What you do is on this comment click on my name, and you will see my account. Then you will see my email address. If you email me anytime soon, I will try and give you more help.
AshleyHalliwell (4 stories) (100 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-17)
I just talked to him a few minuets ago. He's never been mean, rude or impatient with me. He seems like a very calm spirit, but I'm not sure what to think of him. I asked to stand at a certain spot on the wall and took a picture and I caught an orb. If I knew how to post pictures then I'd show you.

And I agree that it was probably sleep paralysis, but it was just soo creepy.
EPTX (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-16)
I'm sorry you had to go trhough that, in my opinion that is the most horrible feeling anyone can have. But I do believe it must have been sleep paralysis a lack of sleep, stress, and thoughts in your subconscious mind can all add up together and cause an episode try meditating to clear your mind and maybe cleanse your room to remove negetive energy... This is what has worked for me. Sleeping on your back increases your chances of having an episode of sleep paralysis, so try sleeping on your sides. Good luck, and as far as Dex goes have you had any recent contact with it?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: