You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: Ouija In The Dark

Real Ghost Stories

Ouija In The Dark

 

Welcome everyone. This is my first story ever and I'd figure that I'd start with my Ouija board experience. This happened a year ago when I was 12 years old. I have been obsessed with ghosts for some time and finally bought an Ouija Board the day of a sleep over. I was sleeping over my friend, Beth's, house. She isn't as obsessed as me, but is still in for playing an Ouija board.

We both just figured that it was a game, but that we'd try it anyways. So at around 11pm we went outside into the woods surrounding her house. We found a flat rock earlier that day and decided to use that one. We placed the Ouija Board down, light 5 candles, placed them around us and began. We weren't really asking any important questions, at first. However we had a voice recorder so I'll tell you where the it started getting creepy.

US: Devin (its name) do you like it where you are now?

DEVIN: No

US: Why not?

DEVIN: hot

US: What's hot?

DEVIN: Where I am.

We thought that he might have died in a desert or something and maybe he was stuck there.

US: Devin where are you, exactly.

DEVIN: hell.

After that we looked at each other like, what the heck. He had been really nice to us, but after he told us that he was in hell he went nuts. He started swearing at us, and telling as that he was going to capture out souls and bring us down with him. We kept trying to go to goodbye, but he wouldn't let us until eventually we got really scared. There was a huge gust of wind and the candles went out. We screamed and shoved the pointer to goodbye (without his consent).

Then we ran for our lives back into the house.

The next morning we found the Ouija board and pointer where right were we left it. We buried them around that rock after breaking it in half. I still use the Ouija board but if I ever get 'Devin' again I think I'll go straight to goodbye. As for Beth, this wasn't our first time with the Ouija board, but she hasn't used it since no matter what I say. Also whenever we go into the woods we always feel as though someone is watching us.

Other hauntings by AshleyHalliwell

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Connecticut

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, AshleyHalliwell, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Christ_our_Lord (13 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-17)
yikes...a bit creepy. I'm a huge paranormal fanatic and all but I think I'll exclude from ever using a oujia board. However, if you continue using a ouija board, I just think you should be VERY careful about what you get yourself into because I know of people who have been possessed and one of my friends friends were actually suicidal from using it... It became an addiction and no matter what, they couldn't let it go.
AshleyHalliwell (4 stories) (100 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-17)
I know that by posting this story I may have given the false impression that I am naive or something. I also may have given the impression that all Ouija Boards are evil or that I've only had bad experiences. Neither of these are true. I've had millions of wonderful experiences with the Ouija Board and only a few that were bad. Not all experiences are bad and I don't want to sound stupid saying this, but I am actually very much more mature then my age suggests. I have what a lot of people call 'an old soul' and I am somewhat psycic.
Shinobi_Enryu (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-24)
That's quite intriguing. He says he's in hell, but he's there communicating with you...you'd think once you're in hell, you'd stay there. For a long time. Well at any rate, that spirit despite the reasons n' whatnot will try desperately to communicate with you once more. Even hiding his name. So be very careful. Take care and stay safe.
phantom42 (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-13)
This sounds terrifying... I would never be brave enough to do that in the dark woods. I'm glad you knew to say goodbye; many people don't even realize that this is for their use, not the spirits'. I would just like to say, however, that you can't always control the spirits that contact you, and there is absolutely no guarranty that an evil spirit won't lie to you just to get your guard down. Keep that in mind, and great story!

And as for you, Emma2008, anyone who is interested in the paranormal is welcome on this site, and YOU ARE NOT TO SAY OTHERWISE. Ashley has made a mistake that anyone uninformed of the dangers, no matter what age, could have made, and she has learned from it. Although I disagree with her descision to continue to use it, it is not my place, nor yours, to insult her or judge her. By the way, the age for anyone to be allowed as a member on this site is THIRTEEN.
PAV1243 (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-06)
you're 13? So am i:]... I used the ouija board maybe about 3 days ago. I used it in my elective psudeoscience in school where we learn about ghosts and spirits. I didn't want to use it after all the stories I've heard but I ended up using it. I was dissapointed that nothing happened... But I was a bit relieved. I've never really been interested in ghosts but now I am. Nothing bad has happened to me and I hope it stays like this. And wow great story. I would never go into the woods with an ouija board. I really hope nothing happens to you and beth... Stay safe. And god bless 😊
courtneyOMGG (12 stories) (179 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-01)
If the spirit is evil, it may lie and say it isn't evil, there is so many ways to be tricked by spirits while using this board.
Just be careful.
And saying a protection prayer is a VERY good idea.
Take care
❤ ❤
Vampirekagome1 (16 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-31)
you burned the board oh no that never ever a good thing to do that means that you didn't close the gate which means other demon and or evil can come through
Jackets (3 stories) (71 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-31)
Be careful when using this board. Just because you ask the spirit communicating with you if it is evil, the answer you get may not be truthful. "Evil spirits" use deception and trickery to obtain their end goal, whatever that might be. I know that you are "obsessed" now, and I am not telling you to stop, you are able to make your own choices in life, but please be aware of the potential consequences of your actions.

Please take the time to read my story titled "The Period Of My Life I Simply Refer To As Ouija Obsessed." It will at least give you an idea of what using the board can potentially bring. I started using the board somewhere around your age as well.
AshleyHalliwell (4 stories) (100 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-27)
Ya, I'm thinking of saying some sort of protection prayer. Or at least the first question that I'm going to ask is if there evil.
courtneyOMGG (12 stories) (179 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-26)
This is one creepy experience!
If you really want to keep on using these boards, I suggest saying some sort of protection prayer or have some form of protection with you.
Just to make sure that you don't contact and bad/evil spirits.
Playing with these boards is like playing with fire, sooner or later you're going to get burnt.
Take care ❤
WIckedWitch2000 (1 stories) (71 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-20)
Ugh! I wouldn't want to had that experience when I first did it! So... How old was he?
😨 😭 😨
AshleyHalliwell (4 stories) (100 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-24)
To whitebuffalo:
I figured out his name was devin because the questions I posted were only a few that we asked.
As for my obsession, I just really enjoy using Ouija boards and anything else paranormal.
We chose the woods because it seemed like the creepiest place at the time.
The feeling of being watched is stronges where we communicated, but it's through out the woods now.
AshleyHalliwell (4 stories) (100 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-24)
Hi everyone. Sorry it took me so long to reply. I may only be 13, but I'm certainly not stupid. I understand the game, but I thought at first that it was just that: a game. Now that I know diffrently I want to keep trying, not to get a bad spirit but to get a good one. And as for Emma2008 I don't know what I did to upset you but do you know that old saying? "When you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all. Ya, that applies here. Also if any of you have any questions then just e-mail or comment me, but I won't be on the computer all weekend.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-23)
DemonSora,

Where in the world did that come from?

I never said my religion was the one real religion. I never said Wiccan is not a real religion either.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by saying I'm whining, I just posted my opinion, one that is based on many more years of experience than you have. I never said anything about not using a board, but when done it needs to be done correctly.

Respectfully,

Rook
Ghostgirl24 (9 stories) (30 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-23)
AshleyHalliwell: As A Ghost Hunter and someone who see's the departed quite often I understand How you can be scared and frightend. Playing with a Ouija Board is something a lot of people do, but they don't know what can actually happen until its too late. In your case you didn't know what happened until it was too late, Breaking and burying the board does not close the connection you made the night before, to tell you the truth sweety it probially made the situation a lot worse. You said that when you and your friend go into the woods now you feel like your being watched, I agree with you 100% because you more in likely let something not of this world out and its got its eyes on you. I'm sorry to scare you sweety but I'm telling you the truth because it seems like no one else will. So in saying that God Bless you and keep you and your friend safe, DONT USE ANOTHER OUIJA BOARD AGAIN! STAY OUT OF THE WOODS! Get off this site, your way to young to understand the power of the paranormal, as I see your way too immature to be here since you put yourself and your friend in danger doing somthing you shouldnt have been at in the first place... Good luck and god bless.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-22)
Well. I am certainly not going to tell you that it was a stupid move to use a Ouija board.
I do, however have a few questions. I am sorry, I have not read through all of the posts. If I repeat something, it is not out of meanness, just ignorance to the fact that it was already asked.
HOW did you discover his name was Devin?
You say that you are obsessed with the board. Can you explain your obsession?
Why did you choose to communicate in the wood?
When you feel like someone is watching from the wood, is it in the same spot as the communication?
Thank you.
Emma2008 (4 stories) (110 posts)
-1
15 years ago (2008-10-22)
The fact is is that there is a 13 year old child that is obsessed with a game that may or may not be a portal to hell. I'll be the first to state the obvious: knock off your silly obsesion, stay off this site because you're way too young, too immature and too irresponsible to handle the paranormal. You're still wet behind the ears and you're asking for trouble playing games.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-22)
No, no, no burying it in the ground does not 'close' the board. The opening isn't a physical opening. Even the Game sold in stores has 'rules', instructions on how to 'open' the board for the 'spirits' to influence it and how to 'close' the session so that the 'spirit' is no longer attached to the the 'game' board.

If the 'connection' is not 'closed' properly then the 'spirit' or what ever is still 'attached' and it can influence things on this side better or even manifest itself on this side. The longer the 'path' is open the 'stronger' the 'spirit' can become and the more things it can influence.

I was 7 years old when I had my first brush with the paranormal. I am now 41. At age 12 I broke ties with a organized church and became Wiccan, I was a solo practitioner for 12 years. I was 24 when my then girlfriend (now wife) introduced me to a church that I felt very comfortable joining. So I have a wee bit O' experience when it comes to occult matters. Please do not 'play' with these things, they are not toys. Seek the knowledge and understanding of a thing before you use it. Find a mentor, a teacher to learn from. Anything worth doing is worth doing right so that NO ONE gets hurt. Please be careful and keep us posted.

Rook

PS: I don't mean to sound preachy or Fatherly but I can't help it.

R
DemonSora (69 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-22)
i didn't get to write the "bury it in the ground" my mom was in the room that time.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-22)
Hi aqnd tahnk you for sharring this story with us. It sure was a scary read for me. I to didn't expact the hell answer. I don't want to preach about ouji boards here but I will just say that curiosity killed the cat. I hope to hear from you soon and take care.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-21)
Bury it under? I'm not sure I follow what's being said here.

There is a proper way of opening a 'session' and another for closeing it. If not done properly it leaves an opening for 'things' to enter.

If one has a board that is 'focused', takes all precautions, sets up wards says ones prayers... What have you. Then I believe one can contact the other side safely. If however one uses just any ol 'board' and sits down just to contact something...

It is rare, in that situation, that one gets a truly helpful spirit, entity... What have you.

Please, just research what you are doing before you do it. Know what you are getting into. Ask someone who has done it before, find a teacher/mentor who is willing to impart wisdom upon you. Anything done half... Ends up not turning out right. Don't play with fire you will get burned.

It's a rare gift your friend has to see the Dead, but spirits/entities can take on forms that may or may not be their true one. Be cautious.

Rook
DemonSora (69 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-21)
To Lisamaxw:

What the? No, I'm not teasing or think that spirits and other paranormal beings are weaker then me... But I'm willing to play it again. Paranormal beings are more powerfull then humans. We were just talking to Morgan's dead relative's, she can see the dead. So its safe. And no one can control the Ouija and I did not say that, I said the way to close it is to bury it under.

God Bless
Karin
Lisamaxw (92 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-21)
[at] DemonSora -- Karin, since our friend Ashley hasn't yet answered, maybe you'd be kind enough to explain: What's the draw? You KNOW that it's not a good idea to mess with this Ouija thing, to open a portal that YOU ultimately CAN'T CONTROL in terms of who will come through it. Yet you're intent on doing it anyway. You're either (1) egotistical enough to think that you're smarter/more powerful than the spirits; or (2) you're "teasing" spirits -- kind of like poking a rabid Pit Bull with a stick, hoping that the rope its tied to doesn't break. Karin, can you please explain your thought-process to me? Honestly. I'm not putting you down -- I'm just fascinated, kind of the same way that some people are obsessed with watching the pathetic train-wreck that is Amy Winehouse or Britney Spears.
Demonbinder (66 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-21)
Well, if you obviously don't fear the consequences, so if any mishaps arrive, you know they were fully warranted.
ghostseer (41 stories) (408 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-21)
Stay away from messing with things that are not good for you. I am someone who knows how dangerous this can be. I have the gift, the ability to see what is out there, and believe me when I say that Good and EVIL do exist. I have a web page to help people learn about the pro's and con of the delving into the other side. Go to www.ghost-e.com to read some of my true stories. Honey, you don't want an evil entity attaching itself to you, and that could happen as you have opened a portal with your board. Throw it out...today...Say a prayer over it before tossing it. Then sit down with your friends, and pray for protection of each other. I have sent you a personal prayer of protection as well...Don't mess this this again... Please be smart or you could get very hurt here... My blessings are being sent your way, ghostseer
luvparanormal (12 stories) (268 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-21)
I understand that you are obsessed and maybe even curious, but couriousity can lead to trouble, big trouble.
Unfortunatly when we are young we think that we are invinsable and that nothing can stop us from doing anything. I am surprised that with you being a member of this website and all of the stories on this website regarding ouijas, after your own incident you still decide on going out and getting another one to continue basically playing with fire. You are going to end up getting burned and you won't learn until this happens.
I don't want you to take this as a scolding or anything like that, but the truth of the matter is no matter how much we tell you DON'T DO IT, DON'T PLAY WITH THIS you will still do it and I guess that is the nature of teens. I was one a while back.
So, with all this being said all I can say is good luck and may the Lord be with you and I hope that when the time comes he will be next to you to help you.

BriFischer05 (14 stories) (169 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-21)
NOT SMART! Just because it was bought at a toy store doesn't mean it's as harmless as a game of checkers. You can use just about anything to make a ouija board and communicate with the other side. By having your guard down and being naive - only helps bad entities control you. Be careful and don't fool around with the ouija!
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-21)
I agree, Sigh- but obviously not for exactly the same reasons.

It is true that these store bought games do not tell how to bless this board game, there for making it dangerous.

Karin,
Tsk, tsk, tsk. You will try it again this summer adn don't try to stop you? I won;t try to stop you, but I will worry for you.

God Bless!
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-20)
Sigh...

All the stories, all the bad/scary/demonic what have you events and people still are drawn to this 'thing'. There are many, many stories of why one should not use this 'toy'.

But has anyone wondered why this store bought 'game' seems to attract such negitive energies/spirits?

Ouija board's are generic, mass produced 'spirit' boards. They give basic instructions on how to contact the other side but they themselves are not 'grounded' in any way. Most people who pratice Wiccan in any way, shape or form know that anything you use must, at a mimimun, be 'tuned'/blessed/charged what ever you want to call it. The 'game' sold in stores is not, nor does it instruct one how to do so.

Now this is just my two cents, but I have felt this way for a very long time. I'll share my Ouija board experiences and it should explain why I feel this way about the 'game' that is sold in stores. Please, look before you leap. 😊

Rook
DemonSora (69 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-20)
Yes, Ishima-san, they did close the session proberly. They pointed to goodbye. I played the Ouija once and me and my 5 friends were there, but only 3 of us played it. The rest just watched. Good thing you didn't burn it, cause then the ouija portal would be open forever. I'm not sure when I'm going to use one again... Maybe this spring or summer. (do not try to stop me)

God Bless ❤
Karin

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: