You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Running Like Hell

Real Ghost Stories

Running Like Hell

 

Back when I lived in Glenwood when I was about 12 I moved to a 2 storey house. It was a nice homey place, the back yard was big and everything. My room was located right next to the bathroom and to the right down the little hall way was my mum's room.

For some odd reason I couldn't sleep so my mum gave me warm milk with honey but it still didn't work, so my mum and I swapped beds. This as it turned out to be a really stupid idea.

My mum had a double bed and a TV in front of it and when I tried sleeping I left timer on like always. I usually leave the door closed but I left it open this time. Finally I was falling asleep just as the TV turned off, when all of a sudden I awoke to the sound of the floor creaking and my house had carpeting so it was weird. I could have sworn it was the sound of some one walking in the hall way from my room where my mum was sleeping to the room I was in.

Like any scared person I hid under the covers tightly but like always I hid so much I needed to let my head out so I could breathe a little then put my head back in. But unlike any other scary stories the noises didn't stop! Now I was really starting to get freaked out as I could see the hall way through the crack of the door and still no one there. But while I was looking at the same time I could hear the footsteps getting closer and closer but never quite entering the room.

I lay there rubbing my eyes 100 times in a row, shutting my eyes tightly then reopening them and even sticking my fingers in my ears then pulling it out to see if I was hearing things sort of like ear plugs but the noise was still there! I did everything I could and I know I was wide a wake because I even woke up my mum that night. The foot steps were really starting to get to me. Not only scaring me but pissing me off because they wouldn't go away. I gained all the courage I could.

I sat up in bed and rushed out of the room with my blanket wrapped around me running through the hall way where the sounds were, I ran straight into my room made sure to shut the door behind me and hopped into bed with my mum. She even woke up and I told what had happened she said don't worry about it and go to sleep. While I was sleeping with my mum a big feeling of relief came over me as I was no longer scared because the noises had stopped. It was like something wanted to scare the crap out of me so it could take my mums room.

Please comment my story and thanks for reading!

Other hauntings by jessiep

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, jessiep, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-07)
It most didn't want you it see it.
Or maybe it could only make sound.
Or maybe it didn't want to scare to so much to make you guys leave.
GILRIE *have a nice haunt* ❤
jessiep (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-06)
ty for your comments but does anyone no why I could hear it and not see it? It scared me that mich. *sad face*
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-05)
That's sort of funny you know. Because just the though of the ghost to scare you just to have that room makes me laugh. 😆
GIRLIE 😆 ❤ *hAVE a nICE hAUNT*
Jennifer40 (20 stories) (202 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-03)
Is it possible that the spirit just didn't know who you were where you were in your Mom's bed? Just a thought. Maybe it was just curious of you.

Jennifer ❤
jessiep (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-03)
ty for reading my story!
Umm I rarely get sleeping trouble, only if I'm worried about something or I just can't sleep and I guess it was one of those nights wer I couldn't sleep. Each time I heard footsteps it never entered the room I was in and I couldn't see it even tho I was looking in the direction of wer it was coming from. It scared the crap out of me!
ashley7 (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-02)
Don't be scared, it doesn't seem like it was trying to harm you. It is good spirit, it probably won't do much or anything to you. But you will certainly hear and see things. 😊
babiestastegood (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-02)
Maybe whatever was making the noises was just tying to scare you. I have a spirit at my house that seems to enjoy scaring me so I suppose it could be the same case with you.
supernaturl (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-02)
hmm this would freak me out as well. Maybe you should look up the history of the house this is hard to do but would be worth it. Also did your sleeping troubles only start when you moved into the house?
Im sure the sirit if that's what it is dosnt mean any harm. They never really do. See if anyone else can hear these noises from your room.
😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: