You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Fort Garry, Room 202

Real Ghost Stories

Fort Garry, Room 202

 

The city I live in has a rich history of ghosts, one of the most famous is the cloaked ghost of a woman residing in the Fort Garry Hotel. It was built in 1913 as a luxury hotel for train passengers that had an overnight stop in Winnipeg. My hobby is researching ghosts and stuff like that, and I get a lot of help from my family. For my 15th birthday my Mother booked the most haunted room in the hotel for me, Room 202. I was estatic but at the same time scared out of my mind. In Room 202, maids have reported bleeding walls, shattering windows, being locked in the room, and bloody foot prints on the bed. I decided to secretly bring my boyfriend along, I was too scared to go alone. He obliged and we got there together on the day we were sopposed to.

There was a really pale really skinny guy with black hair. "You be careful in this room," he said, "She can lock you in there..." I got a little scared of him and made my boyfriend get the key to the room from him. We proceeded to walk up the many flights of stairs to the 6th floor where the room was, me jumping at every little sound and my boyfriend laughing at me and telling me it would be fine. We finally got to the room and it was like the scene of the horror movie where someone in the audience yells, "OMG DONT GO IN THERE!" But the characters let their curiosity get the better of them. I put my bag down on the bed of the rather large room and took a look around, it looking fairly normal despite being so so old. My boyfriend started watching TV as I went around the room, checking out the bedroom closet, where a woman hung herself after hearing that her husband died in a car crash. There was nothing interesting there, but chills ran down my spine as I closed the door.

My idiot boyfriend snuck up behind me and scared the living daylights out of me after he saw I was shivering a bit. We sat there and talked, watched TV, had dinner, and finally we went to bed, just staring around the dark room. I watched the clock and dozed off around 2am. My boyfriend shook me awake, him sweating like a pig. My eyes went wide and as soon as I sat up I saw a dark translucent figure at the end of the bed, floating in a dark cloak with what looked like blood dripping out of the darkness in the hood. I was too scared to scream, clutching onto my boyfrend and staring. It disapeared after a few seconds, going towards the closet, and my boyfriend went into overdrive, running out of bed and dragging me out of the room and down to the lobby in my pjs. We went to his house afterwards, still freaking out about it. It was one of the most paranormal experiences in my life, and if my boyfriend wasn't a scardy cat it might have been my last.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Alicebathedinblood, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Shylaw (9 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-30)
Im also from canada and live in places with lots of sprits. I don't know if I'm haunted but maybe you will. Sometimes when I'm alone I will suddenly start singing depressing songs. Sometimes I would feel like I'm being followed everywhere I go even outside of the house... And most of all I would feel as if someone wanted me to go were they are going. I'm not sure if it is a sprit... Or a demon do you know by any chance?
westerner (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-06)
Some info... I am presently staying in the Fort Garry hotel and can confirm that room 202 is NOT on the second floor but looks like on the 4th floor. I know this because I went down the stairs to the lobby and was surprised to find 2 additional floors between my floor (4th) and the lobby.

My question about the story is: why not take the elevator?

But the story is consistent with the fact that if you you take the elevator, you don't notice that room 410 is not really on the 4th floor and so on. You will know this when you take the stairs as mentioned in the story.

My thinking is that you don't pack a bag all the way up the stairs. The story writer has been in the hotel, but maybe at a wedding or other event and was curious enough to go up the stairs to see where room 202 is.

Story has some true location details but not sure if I believe it.
Wolfeh (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-12)
This story is incorrect. I've been to the Fort Gary Hotel last April for a Canadian History project my class was doing. I asked the manager, about room 202. She told me she'd never experienced anything in the room, but said some of her staff and customers did. I went upstairs with my mother, father, and brother, to the SECOND floor, and even have pictures of me standing by the room.
I got the chills standing there.
This is my problem, that you said room 202 is on the sixth floor when it's the second.
biblefreeme (2 stories) (137 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2010-10-26)
hey moravian I would for the simple fact that I trust her and because not all teenagers want to have sex or get drunk all the time and if you read the story corectly she took her boyfreind secretly I don't think her mother was aware
moravian (1 stories) (171 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-26)
What sort of parent sends their just turned 15 year old daughter unaccompanied to a hotel for the night with her boyfriend?
Cheeseburgercats (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-11)
well technically room 202 isn't on the second floor as there are two floors before the first floor. Ground, Mezzanine, THEN one. So that would make the second floor 4 stories up. Still not six but if she for some reason was in the sub-basement at some point then the second floor would be six floors up.
Adaje21 (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-12)
I live in Winnipeg as well and I have stayed the night in room 202. I believe your story is false because 202 is located on the second floor and the ghost is not hooded nor demonic. I did not have the privilge of seeing her physically but sensed her greatly and I sensed a spirit in mourning and looking for closure.
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-13)
Room 202 on the sixth floor? Parents sending 15 year olds to hotels unaccompanied? Hotel staff allowing minors of the opposite gender checking in without an adult? Hotel staff allowing an unregistered male guest spend the night in a room? If the apparition went into the closet without you or your boyfriend doing anything to make it go there, how is it that your boyfriend saved your life?
Sorry, I'm usually not this cynical... I guess they do things different in Canada.
ElectricTNT (1 stories) (45 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-07-13)
The only problem I have with your story is Room 202 being on the 6th floor. Most if not all hotels have room numbers that run with the floor number. Floor 6, room 601, 602, 603 etc.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-12)
Well the setting was right, the suggestion planted, and the expectation high. If I read correctly you did fall asleep he woke you up and you both saw the same thing. Hope they don't have that place rigged with a holograph to promote business. If it was the real deal its no doubt residual being that so many have seen it. Still creepy but yet exciting to be a witness to a full blown apparition.
J_ayyyy (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-12)
Wow that took a lot of courage of you Boyfriend. This story was scary and I couldn't keep my eyes off it. Also I agree with Ghostluver that the Hotel should take that place of limits soon

Thanks;;

J_ayyyy
Ghostluver (4 stories) (123 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-12)
OMG! That was really scary 😨 and I gotta agree with the others when they say that your boyfriend WAS really brave. 😉 also I hate 2 to be the one to make you shiver but, that ghost almost seemed demon like to me.*shiver* you probably already know this but never go there again. (duh) also I would tell the people who own the hotel, to keep that room, off limits. They shouldn't let people go in there... 😢
bigz183 (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-12)
wow well your boyfriend is a lot braver than me I wouldn't have the guts to do that. 😊
Oli (2 stories) (74 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-11)
That's great that your family is supportive of your "hobby" lol. Thanks for sharing this creepy story with us!
GSI (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-11)
Woah that must've been really scary. 😨 I don't think I'd survive that without thinking " I'm going to die! "

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: