You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Strange Things Inside The Store

Real Ghost Stories

Strange Things Inside The Store

 

G'day, I'm back with another spooky tale.

Okay, I'm working in a small co-op shop in a very small country town in the bush. The shop used to be owned by a man who was an alcoholic and he was found dead about six weeks back. Now for the spooky bits.

My job is to look after the gardens as I'm a trained gardener (and a journo). This happened two weeks back and still continuing as I write this.

I was out the back of the shop where there's an empty house where the bloke died. I was there looking at the garden and enjoying the cold, winter sun when I saw, or thought I saw, a face looking out of the house window. It was a man; very sickly looking, glaring at me. He was there one second and gone the next. I walked over to the window and peered in. Nope, the damned place was empty. I went back to the shop but told no one (just in case they thought I was nuts). Fast forward five days ago.

You know those buzzers on the doors that tell you if someone just entered the store right. I was at the counter doing something when the buzzer went as if someone just walked into the shop. I looked up and, surprise surprise, no one was there. I went over to the buzzer but it was working fine. Twenty minutes later, it went off again. This time I saw someone standing there, a shadow of a figure then it faded away.

All day the door kept buzzing, very damned annoying then my boss asked me yesterday (8/7/09) if I left all the windows open because she found all the windows lying open. Everyone said the windows were locked so, what's going on?

I wish I knew and I'm not asking for help because I think it's the last owner checking up on us. The face in the window occurred again, I should add, several times over the past three/four weeks.

Other hauntings by AussieRedDog

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, AussieRedDog, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

fishlover155 (3 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2009-12-22)
oops...left some stuff out of that last one I'm not saying it WAS a prank, just that it might have been, so don't get freaked straight away... Dont know about the windows or the shadow though.
fishlover155 (3 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2009-12-22)
Well,that could have easily been a prank... Pulled one simular on one of my friends and it freaked him out!
Osa (1 stories) (70 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2009-12-11)
Aussie, I miss your stories man. Got any new ones or even perhaps some old ones?
Krysteen (4 stories) (24 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-08-02)
LOL! Your family loves looking into windows in the midst of the oddest circumstances! Just read the "Vanishing House..." story. Well done, looking forward to more.
AussieRedDog (24 stories) (81 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-07-13)
you sure there wasn't anyone in the next dunny? Could have been a kid just mucking with your head...
itachi0 (1 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-07-13)
Strange things have happened to me as well. Like once I went to the toilet and just as I went into the cubical a high pitched yet boy like voice came from the one next to me. It asked what I was doing and asked for my name. I told it everything. It seemed that it was sick because it kept on rolling the toilet paper and blowing it's nose. Then I asked for it's name and it said back in an evil voice, "I don't tell people my name".
I got freaked out so I left straight away. An hour later I went back and looked into that cubical, the toilet paper roll was completely empty and the toilet paper was on the floor. 😲

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: