You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Non Human Entities :: Weird Monsters And Childhood Spirits

Real Ghost Stories

Weird Monsters And Childhood Spirits

 

This is my first experience submitted to this site.

As a child growing up in suburban PA in the early 90s, I was allowed to be creative, happy and active and had a pretty great childhood. This was around 1992 or so in an area in Eastern PA with a lot less development than there is now.

I remember playing and coloring in the old fashioned living room while my parents would be talking in the kitchen. One night during this there was a fairly heavy rainstorm and I began to soon doze off, huddling around my crayon and marker drawings of dinosaurs. This was in the living room that had a large stone chimney and heavy carpeting with thick wooden walls. The living room was long and wide and there were two hallways on the far right and left, on the southern side of the room. The left hallway had a large wooden door.

I remember this being rather strange and having a curious feeling. The rain fell down very heavily and I began to wake up once more to the sound of scratching and grunting coming from around the hallway with the wooden door. The door was open at this point and I curiously stared down the hallway which led to a dusty concrete and stone storage room which was very large and long.

There I saw a thick, brown furry animal, a bit like an ape, but with large round owl like eyes with intense black pupils. The creature shuffled about around the cold black piles of storage and junk, grunting quietly. I stared at it in fascination as it noticed me. It was maybe about 4 or 5 feet tall. It just looked at me curiously and then resumed shuffling about farther back into the closet until I couldn't see it any longer in the dark.

Pt 2 coming soon!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Cortes, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

hgiog (12 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-25)
Well if it wasn't an actuall animal.

Would you beilieve that many spirits have skin, hair, claws, and so on. Its just that they live in heveanly places. That is they live side by side with us yet we normally can't see them, or touch them. But if you want to explain it a way, then go ahead and explain away all the wonderfull things that are.
aguss (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-23)
wow...
In our country indonesia,,, we called this creature as Genderuwo... It was a kind of ghost that looks like an ape,, but I wasn't,, because this creature is more aggressive and dangerous than ghost.,, so I suggest you have to be careful if you face this horrible creature again...
darkforce14 (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-23)
REMEMBER when your under the age of 13 you see ghosts crystal clear so that means your sight was still on back then. Cortes your story I believe out of all of the others 😊 🤔
amanda_lynn (24 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-22)
Wow, that's very interesting!

An ape? I wonder if it was an animal?

I've heard that you can see the spirits of animals after they pass away, very interesting...

Great story, by the way.
Cortes (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-22)
I have the feeling that this vision was my imagination creating something unknown and new that I did not understand. I do truly believe I saw something at the time, but not that it was necessarily real and alive.

What I'm trying to say is that this was a very vivid childhood hallucination (not brought on by drugs; I was 4 at the time lol) that I witnessed not just by wanting something to be there.

I have a feeling these apparitions are the result of our brains projecting thoughts and ideas into our field of vision so we can see them physically.

As for bigfoot and cryptos, the jury's still out on those critters being real.
TheUnknown (1 stories) (192 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-22)
My God, must be some new cryptozoology creature, or it must be a skunk ape, if there was a very awful smell coming, then it's just a skunk ape that you seen, if not, it is going to be a very good discovery of this creature for you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: