You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: Is My Son Seeing Something I Cannot?

Real Ghost Stories

Is My Son Seeing Something I Cannot?

 

This all started about 3 days ago. My 2 year old son awoke from his nap shaking and terrified. (He is very advanced for his age and speaks in full sentences already) Anyway, he told me there were monsters in his room and they were trying to get him. I know, children have overactive imaginations and it could be that. But then that night he awoke again, trembling and telling me the hand was going to get him. I asked him what hand and he said "There was a hand in your clothes and it's going to get me" This really freaked me out. He finally did sleep in his bed all night last night, but when he woke this morning, he refused to come out of his room because he said the hands were going to get him. I told him there are no hands and mommy will protect you. He then slowly walked out of his room, looked at the dryer on his right and ran past it and came to me shaking. He has never done this before.

I have never experienced anything in the house myself, other than the occasional feeling of being watched. This usually only happens when I am alone and sometimes I see what appears to be someone peeking around the corner at me from the top of the stairs. When I am in the upstairs bathroom, I can look left and see the top of the stairs clearly. I do watch a lot of ghost shows lately (Ghost Adventures is my all time favorite) but this happens when I am not even thinking about anything scary. It doesn't really scare me because once I look and don't see anything; I just laugh it off and chalk it up to watching too many ghost shows.

I guess my question is, could my son really be seeing something? Or is it most likely a phase? Like I said, he is only 2. My daughter, who is almost 4, went through the whole "monster in the closet" phase, but quickly got over it when I told her there was no such thing. It worried me at first, as our attic entrance is in her room, but she even tells my son there are no monsters so I believe he heard it from his cousin or another child.

My daughter did start asking him about his dream (the day he awoke from his nap, I asked him if he had a bad dream, that's when he told me yes and that monsters were in his room), so he could be liking the attention he gets from it. I just don't want my son to be so afraid, I mean I have never seen him tremble and cling onto me like he did that day. Him speaking of a hand concerns me. I do not know where that came from.

By the way, I do not let my children watch anything scary. My daughter once saw a preview for a scary movie (Unborn) and I didn't know she saw it until she woke up from a nightmare saying the old lady was trying to eat her. I saw that preview and realized she had seen it. Now I make sure if any scary previews come on, I change the channel quickly. So I know this isn't something he saw on television.

The house is fairly new (about 5 years) and I'm the 3rd person to live there. I do not know anything about the land, however, and it was nothing but woods before they started building my neighborhood.

Any suggestions as to how to determine whether my son is seeing something or going through a phase would be highly appreciated.

Other hauntings by emb1983

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, emb1983, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2014-10-25)
KurstynAtha7 - it would best benefit you if you would submit this as a story. This way the focus of help/advice will be solely on your story and not someone else's.

If you decide to submit your story, please follow the guidelines when submitting it. Unfortunately the submission's page is down on the weekends, but should be back up on Monday.

Thank you 😊
KurstynAtha7 (1 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-10-25)
I need to tell you, your story, is exactly like what just happened tonight to my 2 almost 3 year old daughter... It was so scary, staring at the ceiling, screaming monsters are getting her help me mommy or the worst one was when I went to grab her out of bed, she was so stiff shaking and told me they were behind me, this happens twice tonight I'm still really scared for her and won't leave her side! She told me they were going to get her... I really need some advice as I'm alone with her as a single mom...please!
emb1983 (2 stories) (19 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-30)
I forgot to come back here and say I found out it was actually a Halloween costume (wolf hand) that his older half brother scared him with! He does have a very wild imagination and tells crazy stories but I realized he sometimes fibs/make believes just for the attention as most children most likely do. I'm glad it wasn't a ghostie but I think my son would know if something was present. 😨
death-dealer807 (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-18)
are you still having this problem please it is important I know if you are please
blue_raven80 (13 stories) (338 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-27)
Hi!
Our kids are of the same age. I believe that your son can really see the unseen because my son has the same problem. He could actually see things that I cannot. He will even say where the ghost is and can even describe its features. What I do is I tell my son that mommy will never let anything happen to him and I will never allow them to get him. 😊
hgiog (12 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-25)
There are many spirits that most of us cannot see. So yes he could be seeing real spirits. I remember a little girl in church seeing a lady dressed in a white dress standing as though at attention. No one else saw her. It was likely an angel.

I doubt that it's just a phase, though it may eventually seem like it. Demons and angels alike affect the atmosphere around us. Like walking ito a room and getting a certian feeling by just being there, good or bad. You said other people have lived there though not many. If one previous family for instance had a demonic influence in their life, such as drugs, violent behavior or excessive alchohal abuse, practiced witch craft, new age or so on. Then they will leave a dark presences behind, even open portholes in that house. Its like a residule thing. The longer you stay in a home the more it feels like yours. Its because you are now effecting the spiritual enviroment by what is in your life spiritually. Believe it or not, entire citys are effected in this way. The more people with God's spirit in them the better the city. The more people with the evil spirits in their lives the more crime and so on. It's an influence we carry.

If some one had simply planted something in your childs head to cause fear then I would say it's just a phase. But here is why I think its more than a phase.

If you have a demonic presence, fear will usually accompany it, fear and lies are Satans only true power. If it's angelic you will feel peace.

What ever the case seek God's help and ask him to send angels to expell any bad spirits and to protect your house and your son, pray over your house and your family and ask that peace would dwell with you, or as the Jews would say "shalome" (an over all presence of peace in your life, health, finances and so on). I would reccomend seeking a strong relationship with Jesus. It removed so many dark things from my life and now I have life here and now in abundance.

I Hope this helped.
BriFischer05 (14 stories) (169 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-24)
I understand what you're going through - I have posted similar stories. This could very well be a phase but let's just assume that your son is seeing things. I would encourage him to be confident and to tell these monsters to go away. Try to support him and don't make him suppress his feelings bc like I said 'let's assume he is seeing these monsters' - they say children are very sensitive and can pick up on energies etc. It prob would not hurt to voice aloud your concern to these 'monsters' either just in case. You sound like a cool, understanding dad - keep up the good work and God bless.
emb1983 (2 stories) (19 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-24)
Thanks for the suggestions everyone. If he speaks of monsters or hands again I will try your recommendations.
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-24)
A friend of mine had a similar situation happen with her son. It started when he was 2 years old. Like your son, he would tell his mother about monsters and how they would grab his wrists at night. When my friend would rock him to try and get him back to sleep he would stare in a certain corner of the room as if someone or something was standing there. After a while she got some advice to burn sage and have her husband go around the room and stop in front of the places where he saw the monsters and say in a loud stern voice. LEAVE MY SON ALONE! DO NOT BOTHER HIM ANYMORE! After they took this advice he stopped seeing the monsters. So if your son comes to you again with this, you might want to give it a try. Hope this helps. Take Care 😊
pie1025 (2 stories) (29 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-24)
I would say its just a phase. It will be a good idea to have a pic of God (which suits your religion) near his bed and tell him that God will protect him from the monsters (or anything bad) when he is asleep.
Hope he is sleeping good now... Thanks for sharing the story.
emb1983 (2 stories) (19 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-24)
I am starting to think it is a phase. I submitted this story 3 days ago but since then things have been better. I think his bad dream seemed real and he is too young to know what a 'bad dream' is. He did wake up last night and wanted to come to my bed, but he hasn't mentioned the hand or monsters since I sumbitted this story (go figure) but I will still keep an eye on him. I don't want him to be scared in his home. Thank you.
yellowbelle (3 stories) (20 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-24)
I guess your son is only going through a phase, but then keeping an eye on him will help you know if there is something unnatural that is occuring in your home.

Good bless.

->Yellow

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: