You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Scared To Death

Real Ghost Stories

Scared To Death

 

Over the last 4 months I have woken up 4 times in the middle of the night scared to death and actually screamed out with horror.

I am a very light sleeper normally and can wake up 2 or 3 times on some nights, checking the time and then going back to sleep. Over the last few months I have woken up with a head and shoulder male figure standing next to me on the right side of my bed, the first time it happened I put it down to a new TV in the bedroom that has a constant blue light shaped like a mouth directly at the foot of my bed and I have 2 double mirrored wardrobes on each sides of the room, so I put this down to reflection and dismissed it, although it did scare me and I felt very uneasy for a couple of nights after.

Then about 3 weeks ago I woke up again with a face looking at me, I felt it was the same image but it disappeared so quickly vanishing as soon as I screamed out, this happened the following night too the same face but I couldn't describe it in detail.

Then last night I woke up and really did scare myself, my heart pounding like never before, the face was of another male not the same face as the one previous, which again disappeared as soon as I shouted. I have never experienced this kind of vision before the male face being rough looking and just staring at me on each occasion.

I must admit I have had upset in my life just recently and have felt very low.

Can anyone offer an explanation or similar experience?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, moira850, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Hipboy125 (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-19)
Have you ever fooled around with a ouija board? Even in childhood, fooling around with s ouija board without knowing what you're doing, or someone else around, it could mean big trouble! I did and, well, yep...
Zander (7 stories) (141 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-13)
Never, but never have mirrors in your bedroom---according to Feng Shui, that is just asking for trouble. For one, it will disrupt and destroy your romantic life, for another it can act as a portal for entities when no light is upon it [night-time]. Cover your wardrobe doors, the mirror part that is, even if only at night when you sleep. See if that improves things for you. Since you've already had a nasty or two mucking about in you room, you're going to need to cleanse your room and sheild and protect it. Burn sage in your room and read the 91st Psalm. Then make a circle of sea salt around the perimiter of your room. Last, marjoram or oil of marjoram before the mirrors and on your two window ledges and closet and other doorways.

You'll be alright.
abbto (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-07)
you could just be very tired and the sightings mightr just be hallucinations. I've had that happen to me a few tomes, mostly after I've seen or expierinced something uncomforting.
EezyBates89 (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-05)
i would say that the reflections would be far too improbable. Honestly I would say that coming to terms with it might make it go away. I've had things happen to me, never a face, but I've had a shadow that was about 4 feet tall wake me up in the night to yell helloooo! At like 20 billion decibels in a very heavy british accent (read shadow of a ghost if it gets published I'm waiting for them to read it) so yea act like you don't care and maybe it will get bored with you... 😉
moira850 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-04)
Ha ha Surya you could be right... I know what you mean though, it did cross my mind that's it's probably a reflection of how I feel, thanks for you comments ❤
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-04)
Without reading anybody comments, I will say one thing, our emotional state can conjure up all sorts of happening around us. The old saying negativity projects negativity. You describe one of the males as rough looking. Have you ever thought that it may be yourself you are looking at as you have been going through a bad period in your life?

I am not going to ask about your upsets, unfortunately we all have them, however, I feel what you are seeing is because of your state of mind. Once you have sorted out your problems I think you may find all is well and you will see nothing.

Surya
Www.sanskrit-yoga.com
moira850 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-04)
cline1986 thank you for your reply,

Jitow I do want it to go away and last night I slept well, although I did wake up a couple of times I purposely didn't open my eyes until I knew it was light.

I was thinking of going to see a medium but after what you have just said I might rethink this.

Thanks ❤
Jitow (362 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-03)
Do you want it to go away and never come back or are you just interested in what it is? If it were me I would definately not try to communicate with it or them, that will most likely open up a can of worms that will be hard to get the top back on. Remember what you said, you are in sort of a down state. Prayer is the best defense and weapon.
cline1986 (7 stories) (50 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-03)
I can't really offer an explination, but I have had something similar happen to me. I woke up and found a woman staring at me (I would rather not go into detail about her face, too scary.) This happened to me for two nights only. I don't know if she was real or just my imagenation. I had forgotten about her after the first night, but I remembered her the after the second night. I wonder if she was trying to make me remember her. I don't want to forget her like I did the first time, because when I did not remember her the first time she made sure I remembered her the second time she came around. Sorry about that I am not trying to scare you or anything. But I don't think that you seeing the men has anything to do with the upset that happened in your life.

Bye:)
moira850 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-03)
Thank you 4d, I don't feel depressed but you could be right about still being in a dream although it doesn't feel like it. ❤
4d (15 stories) (167 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-03)
moira850,
You say you have had a recent upset in your life? Do you think the incident could have caused you to become depressed? Maybe your emotions are running high right now and you have a lingering dream when you awaken in the middle of the night. You may not know you are dreaming so when you are startled at night you open your eyes and still have a burnt image in your mind. If you feel it is an evil spirit it wouldn't hurt to ask for help. Loved ones are great support, even some people on this site are great rescources 😊 and if you believe in a higher power, maybe some prayer could help as well. I hope you fight quickly through this, Aloha - 4d ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: