You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: Pain

Real Ghost Stories

Pain

 

A little note before I begin this story. It's rather long even with me splitting it up into two parts and I feel that this can't possibly be split up into three. This happened about a year or two ago and there were so many events that occurred. Everything in this story is true and every name in the story has been changed to protect the identity of those it happened to.

Back in 8th grade we had lunches organized by grade. All the eighth graders were together and to me it made the most sense. I was sitting at my group's table, along with several others when my friend Alissa came running up to us. She's talkative, but you wouldn't know it just by looking at her. Of course she had already started talking before she even got to the table but it was in a low whisper and we had to strain our ears to hear. Even then we couldn't and by the time she got to the table we were already leaning forward to listen.

"Guys," she started off saying, a little quiver in her voice might I add, "I woke up last night with blood on my leg." From there she went on to tell us how she got up and went into the bathroom to wash off the wound. When she had finally gotten all the blood off she couldn't believe her eyes. On her leg was the word PAIN. She wouldn't have done it to herself, she doesn't sleep walk, and there wasn't really a logical answer as to what had happened.

Our table sat back, some girls leaving to get their lunch, obviously not believing what Alissa had said. I did however and I asked her what her thoughts were on this. She thought it might be a spirit, as she had some weird stuff happen to her recently. I wasn't into the paranormal at this time; it interested me, but only to the point of the occasional 'Ghost Hunters'. We talked it over for a while, people at our table rolling their eyes at our nonsense. Finally we came to the conclusion that we should use an Ouija Board to find out whatever this thing was.

I researched it, she researched it, and we knew it was bad but thought that we were experts on the subject, that we knew what not to do and could handle a little paperboard. It was her job to get the salt, candles, anything to keep the bad spirits at bay and it was my job to get the Ouija Board. Another friend of mine provided me with a link to a site that had Ouija Boards you could simply print off and I printed it off right away.

I brought it over to her house and she showed me the word on her leg to prove she wasn't lying. The word PAIN was very clear and it was definitely not her writing. She didn't have any pure white candles so we lit a deep green one (improvising like any confident person would do). We set the paper Ouija Board on a table, taped it down, and made a salt circle around the candle (because we were once again confident. "Well, it should work well enough; we really don't want to vacuum up all this unneeded salt").

She grabbed a shot glass and set it upside-down on the board. Then we put two fingers on the shot glass and I started off right away, open mind, be calm. "Are there any spirits here that wish to talk to us?" Silence. I waited a minute or two and asked again, still nothing. "Why don't you give it a shot?" I asked Alissa and she nodded as she looked down at the board. She repeated word-for-word what I said and the glass jumped to the word yes almost immediately. It wasn't necessarily a 'jump' but a slow slide.

We went through the normal "You're moving it" routine and realized that it was neither of us moving it, but the spirit. As a test my friend took her fingers off the glass and it went dead, I of course shot her a look and we tested it with me removing my fingers. All the energy this spirit was using was coming from my friend. Finally we settled in and asked the questions.

Who are you?

JEREMY.

How old are you?

17.

Are you good?

YES.

Did you do this to Alissa?

NO.

Who did?

ADAM.

Who is Adam?

BAD.

Why are you here?

TO PROTECT ALISSA.

We kept track of the conversation in one of Alissa's notebook; she was able to guess the answer most of the time (T-O-P-R-O--"To protect?" Y-E--"Who?" A-L--"To protect Alissa?" Y--And then she would remove her hands and write it down) and we were able to get out useful information. Adam was an evil spirit after Alissa, Jeremy was there to protect her and for some reason I was deemed protector as well.

Soon after this we began to get tired and hungry. "Jeremy can we go eat?" SURE. So we closed the session, yes I know for a fact we moved it to goodbye and got up to eat. I turned my head and saw a shadow quickly move across the doorway to the kitchen. Alissa's cat was there, sitting and staring up at who knows what. We ate and Alissa went back to the board to reopen it. She yelped and dropped the shot glass on the floor.

"What's wrong?" I asked her and instead of answering with words she held out a finger like a little kid would to their mommy. I looked at it and you could see a speck of blood forming on it. "It shocked me" was all she said and I went over to pick up the glass. It was still intact but the air around it had grown cold. We opened it back up and Jeremy told us that he would have to go soon, that Adam was there trying to break through.

In the middle of the session the glass suddenly began to form a figure 8, that was a no no to us and we pushed down firmly on the glass to stop it from moving. Once we released the pressure the shot glass began to tip and circle as if two spirits were trying to control it but neither had full control. Alissa and me were getting freaked out now and forcefully closed the session. When I left that day I was pretty shaken up. I wished her luck, handed her the paperboard and hoped I wouldn't be hearing about Jeremy and Adam ever again. Sadly, my hopes never came true.

Part 2 should be up soon, thanks for reading.

-Hope

Other hauntings by Hopeful23

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Minnesota

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Hopeful23, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

PrincessMegan27 (5 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-26)
I Hope you guys okay becareful playing with ouija board thier not good to mess with please post Another story I would to read more of your stories on here ~ God Bless
ARCHANGELTAM (10 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-05)
You should NEVER LET GO of the planchette or the shot glass, it is known that if you let go you are releasing the spirit.

I hope this evil spirit will go away 😊
ghostslaya (23 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-06)
the first mistake you made was using a ouija board... The give the evil spirits power and control but what ever you do do not destroy the board or they will never leave...
scared-all-my-life (13 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-09-16)
wow that would freak me out aswell. You must feel speacial to be her protect her. Looking forward to reading the next part - scared
scrapmetalkitten (306 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2009-11-08)
whoa I wouldn't want to talk to any spirit that carved the name "pain" in my leg. Nothing good could come from a spirit like that. Good read and interesting story.
vicuttie8 (7 stories) (92 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-08-17)
WOW that's really creepy! I've never heard of anything like that before! Please post the second part of the story! 😨
Hopeful23 (12 stories) (93 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-14)
I don't know what the history of this house is, I think what the big deal here is the fact that it's Alissa. The spirits seems to be attracted to her and such. It seems a lot of you are wanting to know the ending. The second part should be up soon and I promise that if you're freaking out now, you'll freak out more. One hint, there is no longer a need to deal with cleansings or spiritualists (though a year ago that would have been a wonderful idea, why couldn't I've found this site sooner?). I repeat, 2nd story should be up ASAP!

-Hope
flamingschizoid (22 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-13)
do you or your friend know anything about the house? Its history I mean? I think you should do a little of that to as well as get an experienced spiritualist involved.
KimiG (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-13)
This is a very interesting story. I believe you and your friend Alissa. Hope you two are safe can't wait to read the next sequel ❤
amy11 (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-12)
WOW! Thast soo scary! I said you try to stop this like talk to adam. Try to end this by helping your friend maybe have a sleepover and see what happens. Check if anything happened
Hopeful23 (12 stories) (93 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-12)
I appreciate the concern, but can I point out one line in my story? "This happened about a year or two ago and there were so many events that occurred." The end of my story is coming up, and you'll all see how it turned out. Actually I had no clue that this story was as bad as it was until I began reading these stories. I thought that people dealt with this kind of stuff all the time. I guess I was wrong, but now I know better. 😳 Thanks for your comments, thank you for your prays.

-Hope ❤
insanerawr3 (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-12)
WOW...Thats nightmare worthy. This thing that is terrorizing you guys sounds more like a demon than a spirit. So be carefull and ill pray for you both ❤ ps you might want to get an exorcism performed or something.
TigerLily (3 stories) (145 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-11)
Wow, that's some pretty freaky stuff. Okay if there are any spelling mistakes, I have a weird twitch in my hands that I only seem to get when nervous or worried. I am extremely scared for you and your friend, please make sure to keep her safe! Post the second story as soon as you can! I can't give any advice for now, be sure to post soon. God, I am so freaked. Excuse me whilst I calm down. Sorry.
Ghostluver (4 stories) (123 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-11)
OH... MY... GOSH okay. Hope, this is really serious and very dangerous, this "spirit" or ghost or whatever kind of paranormal thing this is it is VERY bad, it is really hurting your friend and is scaring the life out of you guys! 😨 I am very scared for you and your friend, but before I shooting things you should do and ways that I can help you and and this problem as much as I can, I think I should hear part 2 1st. Please Post the 2nd story as soon as you can and I will do my best to help and comfort. I pray for you and your very unlucky friend. ❤ like I said please post the 2nd story as soon as you can! Can't say that enough! I will be looking forward to the story and how it ends.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: