You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Psychic / Medium :: Chest Pain

Real Ghost Stories

Chest Pain

 

This has been going on for years. I don't exactly know what it is. I don't think it is a ghostly encounter, but it does leave me stumped. I cannot find a reason for this experience at all, which is why I a posting it on here.

I noticed this happened a few years back. I was trying to sleep, rolling around and just would not sleep, when this unexplainable feeling came over me. It is like sorrow, loneliness and missing someone all rolled into one. I was confused why it was happening and wanted it to stop, and it started to recede after a few seconds and was all done after a minute. This episode wore me out and I did not feel right afterwards.

This kept happening to me night after night, until I was around eleven when I had enough. When it happened this time I tried blocking it out, and wanting it to finish and telling myself that this wasn't me, and that it was going to finish. It did finish and it stopped happening for a while.

But it did come back a few years later, when I was thirteen. But it was more intense. By then I could tell when it was going to happen. During the day I would be cranky and get angry easily and everything annoyed me, and I would not eat much and go to sleep early. It would happen at least once a week.

Once I was asleep, dreaming which is very rare for me as when I sleep I don't go into REM sleep, so my dreams are rarely vivid. But this one was vivid and I think I was lucid dreaming because I remember it clearly. I was asleep having the weirdest dream ever in which I was not me but some blond girl that lived near the Vatican city or something when I started crying. Instantly I woke up and I was holding my chest, then realized I cried in my sleep. That inexplicable feeling was there again, in the middle of my chest like always. I could barely breathe because it was that intense, so I rolled around and put my hands together on my chest to see if it helped at all. It began to recede dramatically and I was able to breathe properly. Afterwards I felt tired and I was breathing like I ran 800m again. I then began thinking about the people I saw in my rare dream and it stopped. I was glad that I made it stop for the first time.

Now this unexplainable feeling that overwhelms me happens every night, but not as intense and it is bearable. But when it happens, and this is going to sound stupid, I hold my hands, but when I do it is not my hand I'm holding it is some other person. Like a connection. I don't know who this person is but it does help stop this.

No one close to me has passed away so I do not know why this would happen to me. I do not believe I am depressed or have anything like that. Not only does depression not run in the family but when this happens I don't think about bad things only that I want it to stop. I thought I was some form of psychic attack, but I don't have those symptoms. I did some researching and came up with night attacks but those are just panic attacks during the night and I don't have panic attacks.

I thought this was fine but realized that most people don't feel this, and I don't know what this is and that it might not be healthy. I haven't told anybody this because they would want me to go see a doctor even though that won't help, and they would think I'm weird because I have dreams (during NON-REM sleep) about conversations and dreams that never happen until after I have them. And if I were to go to a doctor it will be like "every night I wake up and have feelings of depression that is not mine and when I hold my hands it goes away". That will be enough for the doctor to sign me up for counselling and in-patient programs, so no, I'm not going to do that.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, A_A, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

A_A (1 stories) (37 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-02-05)
Thanks to all of you people who took the initiative to comment on my experience especially ms_st0308, kind of makes me want to go to the doctors even though i'm afraid of the needle i'm suppose to get.
I apologize for the late reply as it was the holidays and I was being a bogan-head and didn't want to do anything productive. And I am a female if I confused any one, I thought it was a given. But this experience has stopped 😆 and I hope it won't happen again.
ms_st0308 (6 stories) (66 posts)
+3
8 years ago (2015-12-30)
I'm not sure if you still need help with this or not, but this sounds similar to something I have dealt with for a few years. I have been diagnosed with mitral valve prolapse, which is a non-serious heart condition, but it causes a lot of really strange and annoying, sometimes scary, feelings. When my heart is "acting up," I have intense feelings of anxiety, my heart beats really fast like I've been running, I have trouble catching my breath, and I experience a lot of emotions that I don't feel are mine. Emotions such as intense sadness, fear, paranoia... I have even had intense dreams where I wake myself up crying or yelling out for someone and have even experienced feelings that someone is in the room with me when they are not.

I know you are a teenager, but I was diagnosed in my mid-20s and was told that this is commonly seen in young females (I apologize if you're a male, but note that my uncle also has this condition, so it can happen to anyone). I see a cardiologist now and have recently begun taking a very low dose of blood pressure medicine to help with those awful feelings.

Also know that there are many things that can affect this such as caffeine, consuming large amounts of sugar, stress. I noticed my symptoms got worse right after I had gotten married. I was and am happily married, but even great things can be stressful. I hope this helps or that you've found some answers to help you!
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-11-17)
Unpunown,

Question for you...

You have stated...

"Never lay down on your back straight this summon to all evil spirit to come and harm you."

Is this a cultural or even a regional 'belief' in your native country... I ask because I have not heard of it before.

Respectfully,

Rook
Unpunown (2 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-17)
The same incident happened with me but after a certain precautions Now I am getting over it. When you asleep A__A newer sleep lay on your back but make yourself comfortable with leftward or rightward, Hey it's natural if you are laying down on your back it means that you are inviting someone to stick on your chest or to harm yourself.
I got this information by the experiment on myself Yes you can make it.
Never lay down on your back straight this summon to all evil spirit to come and harm you. Just like chest pain, neck block, your eyes are open but you can't see anything. Something stand straight on your face but you can't do anything and can't say, too dangerous dream after that your eyes get wet, etc...
Please stay alert someone want to tell you something if you have guts then hear that with same what you did or just move away.
mrmonty (8 stories) (48 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-13)
Hello AA,
I read your story with some interested because it is like something I have had going on in my life the past few years-I wrote about on this site "Someone Else's Memories". It also happens when I'm close to a sleep like state and does make me feel right afterwards. There were a couple suggestions-that I could be an empathy-or might be past lives. I'm trying to do a little more research on it. I tried meditation, and I haven't had any incidents lately, but I'm still interested.
Monty
Whodat (42 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-11-13)
I really think this is some kind of depression. Sometimes you can have it and not be aware of it or able to recognize it. It isn't always what you expect. If it ever happens to you, you may not even realize that's the problem at first. But that's what it sounds like to me, especially since it started at the age you describe, and at night. You don't always have to be consciously thinking of sad or negative things for it to get ahold of you. Sometimes it just happens.
Caz (342 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-12)
AA...I didn't say I 'was' homesick, I merely said it was 'like' homesickness! If you're studying for an exam, stress could also be a factor, but that's also only a thought! Good luck with it btw!
A_A (1 stories) (37 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-12)
lady-glow,
I was thinking of seeking religious help but I can't at the moment as I am busy with assessments and an exam, but I will do it as soon as I can.

Caz,
Hormonal changes may be a factor, but probably not the cause. Curious as to how hormonal changes instigate homesickness.

I probably did not explain anything properly, I don't think I can. Funny enough this did stop occurring after I submitted this, and a few articles but nothing much. I may see a doctor but that is not of imminent importance.
Thank you for commenting.
Caz (342 posts)
+4
8 years ago (2015-11-12)
AA...When I was a young girl, I used to sometimes get a feeling come over me, sometimes when I was in bed, or funnily enough, when I was in the bath! I likened this feeling to 'homesickness', though 'I was at home'! Lol! However, these episodes gradually lessened after I started menstruating at the age of 13, so though I didn't make the connection until I was somewhat older, I now realise it was more than likely down to the torrent of hormonal changes coursing through my young body! I'm not saying this is what's causing your symptoms, because I don't know and you may be a boy anyway. I just thought it could be part of the problem and I did get a 'feeling' in my chest too, but I definitely couldn't describe it as pain, so I can only echo the others and say you should see a doctor, just to be sure! I'd be interested to know why you think you don't have REM sleep? I thought everyone had that and everybody had dreams every night too, though we seldom remember them!
Seraphina (7 stories) (147 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2015-11-11)
Hi, AA,
Lady-glow gave you some excellent advice, and I urge you to consider acting on it. Whether the chest pain is caused by physical, emotional or paranormal factors, your investigation should start with a visit to the doctor. The decision whether to tell your doctor about the depression and hand-holding is yours to make, but regularly recurring chest pain is something that shouldn't be ignored.
Blessing! ~Seraphina
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
+4
8 years ago (2015-11-11)
You might not like the idea of going to the doctor but it is important to eliminate any health condition as the cause of your problem.

Have you asked for religious help? It would be a good idea to discuss your situation with an spiritual leader of your trust.

Thanks for sharing and keep us posted.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: