You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Pain Has Faded, Touches Return

Real Ghost Stories

Pain Has Faded, Touches Return

 

To all readers, new and accustomed to my stories, this is about the 2 guardian spirits in my home, Gran and Charlie.

After going through recovery from my operation in November, I had really started missing being able to feel Charlie or Gran with me, instead of just hearing them make little noises. Last Saturday, 4 January 2014, I got my first touch since 19 November.

My parents had been ending the holiday period off by spending the last week with us at my house. Saturday night my cousin and her family came to visit. I still get tired a lot quicker than I did before, and at one point I went to check my phone (which was on charge in my bedroom) as I had been talking to Tim and Elaine earlier.

As you enter my room, the en-suite bathroom is to your left. My bed is on the right. I walked into the room and got on the bed, lying down on my stomach, my feet hanging off the side of the bed, pointed at the bedroom door and my face to the window. I was replying to a message from Tim when someone tickled the back of my left leg. This was not faint; this was like someone wanted to make me laugh. I thought one of my boys had come in and was playing, so I looked around, and there was no one there. I sent Tim a message about this and he replied that Gran just wanted to make me smile. When I got up off the bed, I could feel her to my left, touching my arm.

On Wednesday, 8 January, I started work again. Yesterday, 9 January, as I got in my car to leave work, one of the toys that my son H had left in the car chimed all by itself. This is a mini dartboard, with LED lights in it, that get triggered when you aim a plastic gun with a laser pointer at it. I had not even started the vehicle, so vibration could not have caused it. On my way home, the toy chimed again 3 times, each time making me giggle. Then it went quiet. When I got home, I realized I had locked my house keys in the trunk of my car, so I could not open the gate or the garage. I pulled in front of the gate, switched the ignition off, and the toy chimed again. I smiled and told Charlie he had succeeded in making me laugh. When I finally got into the house and checked my phone, Tim had sent me a message saying that Charlie wanted me to relax. I was too wound up from work.

This morning when I went to the kitchen to get my lunch ready, I closed the door to the kids' bedroom as it is still school holidays and I don't want to wake them. As I walked past the guest bedroom, which used to be my bedroom when my parents still lived there, and is painted a faded pink colour, I could have sworn that for an instant I caught sight of a woman sitting on the foot end of the bed. I blinked and no one was there. Later this morning, my friend J sent me a message (he is looking after the boys for me this week) and asked if I had known that my son, T, had slept in the pink room last night. He said he went to go open the curtains and found T there.

All things are back to normal once again. Which is relative nowadays.

Other hauntings by triden07

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Africa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, triden07, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-03-09)
Triden07, Love your stories as always. Gran and Charlie definitely have a way of making you smile. Hope you are doing well.
CrystalLeo (27 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-02-11)
Hey Triden

You don't know me, I'm new on this site but I'm also from South-Africa. I love reading your posts, I also have a guardian (although she's not family) hanging around me and family members wandering around in my house.
I also wish you a speedy recovery and am glad that you have so much help coming from so many different places.
All of my best wishes to you.
Vonboeckmann (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-04)
Hi I am happy for you that everything is back to normal. I enjoy your posts. Be gentle with yourself post opp wishing you happiness.J
Griff84 (5 stories) (289 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-02-03)
triden07, I always look out for you're posts each time I log on for a quick read. Sorry to hear of your recent operation and complications, but glad to see you and your entourage are back on track now. I hope things continue to improve, and look forward to reading another post soon. 😁
triden07 (70 stories) (279 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-02-03)
Hi Val!
It was a bit of a hectic recovery period. Was an emergency operation and ended up with a complication too, so was in quite a bit of pain. My contact with me ghosties cut off as a result. Tim told me they feel my pain, but amplified, so they kept their distance so as not to feel what I was feeling. Thanks for the welcome 😉
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+2
10 years ago (2014-02-02)
Triden! Hello! I had wondered where you had gotten off to. Welcome back!
CuriousGuy (2 stories) (47 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-02-02)
Really interesting read for this story. Its good to see that there are other people in your family as well that are open to the spirits and how they interact with you.

Will definitely be watching out for more of your posts. 😁

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: