You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Freaky Two Days

Real Ghost Stories

Freaky Two Days

 

My aunt and uncle own a farm in Clinton County, Pennsylvania. I have always heard my uncle tell stories about seeing a strange blue light around the pond, and how the cows seem to avoid certain areas of the property. No one in my family really ever believed him until recently.

My cousin and I were in the barn and noticed that all the pigs we huddled together in a corner of the pen, which is unusual because when they see us we usually have food and they come right up to fence. Not thinking anything of it at the time we went back outside only to have to dog rush in barking into corner. That was when we figured something weird was going on, we decided to leave and come check it out that night.

We came into the barn and the pigs ran up to the fence, so we thought that we wouldn't experience anything, but we decided to go sit in the hay and wait for a little while. After about 15 minutes the lights went out, but since the barn is a long walk from the house so we had flashlights and a lantern. The pigs we still acting normal so we thought that maybe something went wrong with the wiring, it was really old of course. Nothing happened for a little while and we were getting disappointed, but then we began hearing something on the second floor, it sounded like someone stacking bales of hay. We were instantly excited, we shown the light on the pigs and they were all huddled in the corner again. The sound suddenly stopped and we began to hear footsteps above us, by this time we were excited but also pretty scared. The lantern then suddenly went out and my cousins light began to flicker, so we took off running, never turning the light switch off. We made it back to the house without incident, and looked to see the lights still off in the barn.

When we opened the door the dog came running right by us and made a b-line for the barn, when he was about halfway there the lights came back on. We went inside and told my uncle about it; he said that he had never had anything like that happen to him before, even though he had spent a lot of time in the barn.

He came back out with us and we sat in there for a couple hours with nothing happening. While we were sitting there he told us about how the cows never go into the field at the top of their property. We decided to head up there the next night. When we left we made sure to turn the lights off.

The next morning we went out to the barn and checked out the second floor, nothing was different except that one of the stable doors was open. Then we realized that the lights were on, the switch was still off.

I took off running to the first floor to look at the pigs, the gate to the fence was open but they were all in the corner, I ran over and closed and locked the gate. Then my cousin yelled that the lights had gone off. He came downstairs saying that I had to come up and see something. We both went back upstairs and he showed me that all of the tractor tires were flat. My cousin said that we had better get out of there, so we both ran back to the house.

That night we got stuff packed to go check out the field, we decided that we would make a camping trip out of it and would stay out there all night. It was almost dark when we started up the trail, as we walked by the pond we both got the feeling that we were being watched. We made it into the woods but my cousin made me stop because he thought he saw something, so we sat there for an uneventful couple of minutes until we heard what sounded like an old man singing. It went on for 2 minutes and then suddenly stopped.

We walked the rest of the way to the top field with nothing happening. I made a fire and my cousin set up the tent, by this time it was completely dark. We sat around the fire talking until 2am, that's when things got really weird. The singing started again, but this time it was really close, the fire began to flicker and we could hear something moving through the woods.

We then heard yelling from the other end of the field, it was my uncle he was telling us to get back to the house. We got up and ran to where he was, but by now he was gone. So we just ran back to the house.

We found him sitting at the kitchen table, he said that he awoke with a really weird feeling, so he walked to the window, all the lights were on in the barn, and he saw a man walking through the field carrying a gun. So he got on the 4-wheeler to come get us, but after he yelled someone ran at him from behind, so he took off. We have sat in the barn and in that top field probably a dozen times since then, with nothing happening. The only other strange thing was one day as my aunt was coming up the driveway she saw a man standing in the barn window. Those were the only experiences I have ever had there, and I believe that anyone else has ever had. I find it strange that it started just as suddenly as it stopped.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, cole999999, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Mandy27Sue (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-23)
Wow. That was scary. I bet that was a good adrenaline rush. Great story. 😁
bubba (10 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-18)
Great story! Your Uncle must have been beside himself when you found him at the table. He was too scared to look out the window or door to make sure you and your cousin were ok. That is frightening in itself! I agree with some of the other comments that perhaps it may have been a certain time of year where it progresses and awakens, or it could revolve around you being there. If you go back please let us know if anything arises.
JamesRobiscoe (419 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-14)
cole9ers--It could have been the anniversary of a past event (or more) that brings this activity on. If you have a wall calendar, jot down when things occur. You may find a pattern emerge which together with historical research could be suggestive towards solving the riddle. If you and your uncle and cousin are game, you might keep a digital camera handy for the next unsettling visitations.
book_luver123 (227 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-14)
I agree with TigerLily's theory. Possibly it is that since you came they got a bit upset. ❤
TigerLily (3 stories) (145 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-14)
Have you tried visiting again? Maybe they only showed themselves because you were there?
I'm just guessing. Let us know if anything else does happen though.

God Bless.
cole999999 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-14)
I think the strangest thing is how suddenly it seemed to start, and then just stop. I talk to them almost every day, and still nothing more has happened.
JamesRobiscoe (419 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-13)
cole9etc--That's a powerful lot of phenomena experienced by humans and animals alike. Blue lights are a classic sign of spiritual activity, but near a pond it could be ignis fatuus. The barn activity and the singing man with a gun coudn't be. Could it be a past owner of the place who also experienced what you are and had gone after "the intruders" with his firearm? Keep us posted, since it's almost certain that while the activity has cooled for a while, it ain't over yet.
TigerLily (3 stories) (145 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-13)
Strange. Perhaps the only reason the things started happening was because you spent the night there. Maybe the Man with the Gun didn't like to be disturbed.
The animals behaviour I understand, as children and animals are supposed to see things others cant.
Do you know any of the history of the area? Maybe the man and the singing were the past owner?

God Bless.
verona116 (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-12)
omg that is scary I never heard anything like that but I like the paranormal if somthing happens I just have fun with it 😉 😨

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: