You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: A Feeling Of Being Watched & Scared In Our New House

Real Ghost Stories

A Feeling Of Being Watched & Scared In Our New House

 

My husband and I recently bought our first home. It was a bank owned home, so we didn't know much of the history of the home. When we bought the house, our neighbor told us that people usually don't stay in this house for a long time for some reason. And that also, 15 years ago a car ran into it and killed a husband and a wife. One other neighbor told us the same thing. So it is the truth.

A couple weeks after we moved in, things started disappearing. We labeled our boxes and know where things were left, but they are gone! At first, I thought it was just because of moving so it's normal not to be able to find things. Well it's been 2 months now and still those things are missing.

Three or so weeks ago, my husband was in the garage and I was up stairs when he called me. There is a small writing on the wall next to the garage door saying 'house haunted'. We never saw this before. I mean it's as if someone tried to hide the writing. Well at first it was sort of weird but then I was like well maybe it's just the previous owner being upset about losing the house to foreclosure and trying to scare others away.

Since then, I feel like I am watched all the time. I am so scared to lie at night without light. I always have this image of an old man with gray beard staring at me. I am so scared to go to the garage alone. I used to work out down there and the laundry is there but I do not go there unless my husband is home and the door is open.

I don't know what to do. I am so scared and sleepless. I am scared to go to sleep.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, EllasMommy, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

SansTheSkeleton (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-06-01)
Hello!

I know your scared, EllasMommy? Don't worry, I have been experiencing the same hauntings except it was on my girlfriend's grandma's house. You know, you should get a small notebook and write all the scary activities and lost items. Soon enough, when you think the activities are already wild enough, you should call the nearest paranormal investigator team!

P.S do not do any Ouija board, seances or Queen of Spades or anything that could harm you.
Bonnie_13 (2 stories) (10 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-16)
I have a story similar to yours in the way of being watched. I was actually on holiday with my family though. Maybe you'd like to give it a read and see if there is anything in there you can relate to? 😊
jerryhend1 (3 stories) (136 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-11)
If you don't feel anything, don't let it stop you, do you feel anything?...
Biemaster (7 stories) (192 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-18)
Hey EllasMommy, great story!

It must be very scary for you! Anyone would be scared! I agree with mark, start gathering evidence. Keep a small notebook and note down all what has been missing, the date and time when it went missing, etc. Have you heard in unusual sounds or seen any not-blending-with-the-surroundings shadows? Why don't you keep a video camera in each room and try to capture whatever it is that is doing it? And what does your husband say about this? Has he seen anything unusual or paranormal? You both should sit down and discuss all the encounters that you have had. Ask your neighbors what all happened before, who lived there and go to the local library and try finding out history about your house. If things get out of control, call your priest and get the house blessed. Oh and try communicating with it, ask it questions and ask it to answer by knocking once for yes, twice for no, or something like that. Best of luck and keep us posted. And don't worry, be brave!

Biemaster 😁
Phoenix77 (3 stories) (38 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-17)
Another option to the "feeling watched" thing is if it is located in one area. You feel watched from the right hand corner of the living room. Check to see if you have an energy spike, this can be checked with an EMF meter (made just for that sort of thing) it is common for sensitive or on edge people to feel that way around large amounts of energy. I agree with the house blessing, though I think it would be better to get a church offical or a prietess/priest (depending on your faith path) to proform it. And just a thought, it might not help but it couldn't hurt. When your alone, play happy energtic music. This will at least distract you to the point that you can finish your house chores.
Christ_our_Lord (13 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-17)
I think you should seek proffesional help, by calling any paranormal investigators and having them check out the place. Because things can get worse within time.
blue_raven80 (13 stories) (338 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-15)
what's the history of the house. Have you checked? Also, get the house blessed.
mark (8 stories) (23 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-15)
You need to start your own little ghost investigation. I mean start documenting what is happening, date, time, be as descriptive as possible. Take pictures, etc. Basically, gather evidence. You'll need this if you have someone investigate. It also gives you piece of mind in the sense that you may be able to organize your thoughts, and possibly find a logical explaination. Otherwise, the main issues with the experiences you are having is that you feel you're not in control. You have to do what ever you could to gain control, it's your house!

Some hauntings could be explained by various house hold things like pipes vibrating, etc. Another thing that concerns me about the house is the fact that it was bank owned. This may mean that there was some residual anxiety about losing the house. Compound this with someone dying in the house, these homes could be creepy and a prime set up for the paranormal.

I do agree with the house blessing. If you get a psychic, get a very reputable one. Don't do anything stupid like a Quija board or any seances. House blessings are a good starter.

Take care
TigerLily (3 stories) (145 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-15)
Getting the house blessed or a visit from a psychic might help.
I'm not sure what else to suggest. Sorry. 😢

God Bless.
book_luver123 (227 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-15)
You need a bit of help I suggest moving or getting a blessing. And don't have any fear this website is for people who need/want help so we will try help you out. ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: