You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: My Ghostly Saga 2

Real Ghost Stories

My Ghostly Saga 2

 

I had not experienced any paranormal activity since I was a teenager, until I moved to Layton, Utah. It all started one night when I was coming home late from work; I had walked into the back door and went to the bathroom in the utility room. As I walked into the utility room, I heard footsteps above me walking with me. First thing I thought was, one of my kids were awake. I was going to get after my husband for allowing them to be up late.

After I did my business, I noticed that I didn't hear the toilet flush from upstairs (that is a big time pet peeve of mine). So I went upstairs to go flush the toilet, and it hadn't been used. I thought that was strange. I proceeded to check on the boys, they were all sound asleep. My kids were young, so faking their sleep would be too easy to detect. They were sound asleep. I then woke up my husband and asked him if he got up to use the bathroom, he said no. I didn't want to think it was a ghost, so I tried to put it out of my head. This was the beginning of my ghostly experiences in this townhome.

Everyday, we would hear footsteps running up and down the hall from upstairs. Because the townhomes were all connected, you can hear things from other homes, i.e. Cupboards shutting etc. So at first I thought it was the neighbor little boy running up and down their halls and it had echoed through our home. I went over to confront the neighbor because I thought it was odd that we would hear this all the time. No one answered the door, and I tried to contact them on several different occasions to no avail. Much to my surprise, the townhome was vacated and had been for several weeks. But the footsteps continued on.

I told a friend of mine at work that either I'm going crazy or, there's something ghostly going on at my home. She told me I was crazy and there was no such thing as ghosts (so she thought).

My friend came over one night for a girl's night of movies and popcorn. We put the kids to bed before starting the movies, shortly thereafter, the footsteps would start. First I yelled at the boys to get back in bed. Again, the footsteps continued. I told my friend let's go upstairs and sneak up on them and catch them in the act. We were completely surprised when we found my boys (2 and 6) sound asleep. My friend started freaking out on me. So we went downstairs to watch our movies. Throughout the night we continued to hear the footsteps. My friend then finally believed me that I have a ghost in my house. She was so scared, I had to follow her home and wait until she got into her bedroom.

I lived in this house for a year and nothing major really happened besides the footsteps. I adapted to it, and it no longer bothered me. I was then separated from my husband, and was fixing' to move back to Texas. One late night after hours of packing things up, I heard what sounded like someone trying to open the backdoor. Fortunately, my bedroom is above the kitchen area, so I looked out the window, there was no one there.

So I shrugged it off as hearing things. I kept hearing that same noise throughout the night, so finally I got up to check things out. I grabbed a box cutter, had the blade out as far as it would go and proceeded to check all the rooms and looked out the windows to make sure no one was outside. I went downstairs, checked the closet under the stairs, and checked all the doors making sure they were locked. Everything was clear, so I started heading back upstairs, and I noticed I heard the radio louder than it was when I left my room. As I turned the corner, I saw that my son's radio was sitting in the middle of the hallway playing. The radio was NOT there when I went downstairs. I totally freaked out, called my husband to come over and stay with me. That was the first time I got completely spooked in my house. I couldn't help wondering if this ghost was upset that I was moving? I did ask it one night if they were upset with me leaving, I didn't get a response (quite frankly, I was relieved that I didn't). I stayed in the house for about a week, and didn't hear any of the footsteps nor did I have any other activity.

Other hauntings by bozoe6

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Utah

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, bozoe6, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

bozoe6 (7 stories) (23 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-26)
at the time I didn't know who it was, but having the experiences later on... Which I will be sharing here soon... I think it's my brother who passed away 3 months before I was born. He was 7 when he passed.
vicuttie8 (7 stories) (92 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-23)
Do you know who the ghost is? Could it possibly be a family member who has dided?
bozoe6 (7 stories) (23 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-22)
book_luver, I understand what you meant... Lol I think the ghost did go away maybe because I was leaving. I'm not sure... However... My ghost follows me... And I will continue to post my stories from each place I lived in. I have this ghost haunting me to this day. Some time it freaks me out... Sometimes I don't let it.

Thanks for your comments y'all. 😉
book_luver123 (227 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-21)
SORRY. 😠I made A mistake! Oh so sorry I let my emotions get the better of me.😳 Hey I'm only 13 cut me some slack please. And for any ones time I might be wasting sorry. ❤
reneespring (148 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-21)
book_luver123 read the story again... She MOVED... She went away instead of the ghost going. Even I picked up on that & I happen to be a bit drunk tonight!
book_luver123 (227 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-21)
Wow this one stumps me. 😕 Perhaps the ghost will just go away after a while. ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: