You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: My Ghostly Saga 4

Real Ghost Stories

My Ghostly Saga 4

 

I moved to Naples, FL and in the apartment that I moved into had me feeling like someone was watching me or someone else occupied the room. Nothing really happened in the year that I lived in this apartment just the uneasiness feelings. We moved to a condo closer to where we work, and things immediately started happening to my youngest son Dakota (8). He started waking up in the middle of the night and running into my bedroom, complaining that someone is above him calling his name. This went on just about the entire time we lived in the condo. Eventually Dakota became very difficult to deal with when it came to getting him ready for bed.

I am usually the last one going to bed, and would be on the computer. I would see something go behind me towards the kitchen. I would look around and nothing out of the ordinary. I would get that feeling a lot. Then on one of those rare occasions of having a weekday off, I was home alone watching TV in the TV room. I caught something moving and I looked up, I saw Dakota running out of my room. I asked him what he doing in my room, he knew better than to be in there. Then in mid-sentence, I stopped, realizing my kids were all in Utah with their dad for the summer. Then it hit me, I didn't even hear footsteps and we lived on the 2nd floor. You could hear people walking or running. I got up to check the boys' rooms, nothing... No one was there. This boy that came out of my bedroom looked a lot like Dakota and I think it's my brother Donald who passed away 3 months prior to my birth. This was the first time ever seeing a full body apparition and the only time until we moved into our new home we just purchased.

Coty my 12 year old was left behind in the new house while the rest of us went back to the condo to get more stuff. When we got back, Coty met us at the garage door telling me not to leave him alone in this house again. I asked him why. "The blinds in the kitchen rolled up then rolled down by themselves." I told Coty that we were being welcomed into our new home. That was the beginning of our experiences in this house.

One night Coty and I were up late, he was watching TV and I was punching on the computer listening to my music with my headphones on. All of a sudden, I hear, "Mom, mom, MOM!" I looked at Coty asking what he wanted. He said, "Look." and pointed to the entertainment center (which is right next to the computer). I looked over and the cabinet door had opened by itself and was moving until I looked at it, it stopped. Now this has a magnetic closure, so there's no way this door could have opened by itself, and it has a spring hinge, so it wouldn't just stop suddenly, it would slowly stop. Coty and I tried to debunk it the next day and couldn't do it. We had no idea how it moved on its own. Coty said that he didn't even hear the click when the door opened.

Another time, Dakota was being difficult staying in bed. My older boys had a few friends over and we were having a Smash Brother's tournament on the game cube. Dakota kept coming out of room and would go to the kitchen. He has to go through the foyer to get to the kitchen. From the living room where Shane (16) and I were sitting, we could see Kota's bedroom door. The 3rd time Kota went into the kitchen; both Shane and I told him to get back in bed. Coty who was leaning against the wall, by the bar looked behind him and didn't see Cota in there. He turned around the corner and looked into the kitchen and confirmed Kota was not in the kitchen. Both Shane and I saw him go in, but didn't see him go out. So I got up to check up on Dakota, and he was in bed fast asleep. Shane's friends were freaking out but were easily distracted once the game continued on the game cube.

Again, I am always the last one to go to bed, and occasionally I would hear footsteps walk behind me, then stop. Several times I have heard "MOM" being whispered to me... I would respond thinking it was on of my kids. No one would answer me back. Now one thing that came to my mind was I was the same age as my mom when Donald passed away. Looking at pictures of my mom back then, we look exactly alike. I'm guessing Donald is thinking I am mom.

One night after the footsteps and the mom calling, I got up and walked across the living room to get to my bedroom. Before going to bed, I turned off the ceiling fan, and said, "If you are Donald, please turn the ceiling fan on." I waited nothing. I went to bed. When I woke up the next morning, much to my surprise, the ceiling fan was on. Well, I called my husband because he was the first one up and out of the house, it could have been him, but I doubt it, he's a conversationalist. I asked my husband if he had turned the ceiling fan on in the living room. He said no, in fact he said that he had turned it off because it was left on from last night. Well if he turned it off, then someone turned it back on. No one else was up when I got up. I didn't ask any more questions, I knew then it was my brother Donald who keeps following me.

My story continues... When I move back to Texas...

Other hauntings by bozoe6

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, bozoe6, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

welshgirl88 (6 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-09-08)
woww this story is nice if it is donald. I would love my sister to visit me.

And book_luver, we say mum, mam too in the UK
TigerLily (3 stories) (145 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-09-08)
I agree with book_luver123; it definetly sounds like Donald. Unless you're comfortable for him to stay, try asking him to leave. I'm sure he's just in need of a family, and he will just watch over you and your family.

Book_luver123: Alot of people spell 'Mum' that way. Nobody will pounce on you, I hope. 😉

God Bless.
book_luver123 (227 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-09-08)
That does sound like your brother Donald. Perhaps you should reply 'I am not your mum, I am your sister'. Oh and all of you who are about to ponce on me for using mum, I am Australian, that is how we spell mum.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: